Broadway/West End Shows Onboard

Since your question has only been partly answered, here is a list of the Broadway/West End shows on each ship:

Anthem - We Will Rock You

Allure - Mamma Mia!

Harmony - Grease

Independence - Grease

Liberty - Saturday Night Fever

Oasis - Cats!

Symphony - Hairspray

Freedom - Marque (Broadway Variety)

Ovation/Navigator/Empress/Quantum/Spectrum - Various forms of a Vegas Showgirls show (sometimes called Sequins and Feathers, not actual Broadway)

Odyssey - TBD

All other ships have Royal Caribbean production shows but not actual Broadway or West End shows. 

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Saw it on the Bliss and loved it. 

As have I, and liked it as well.  The Bliss may be unique, that ship actually has TWO Broadway shows.  The second theater show that started on her this time last year would have debuted on Broadway in March (after making its way from the UK) if it wasn't for COVID.  That second show is SIX.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, George C said:

My only complaint is that they leave same show on same ship for 5 years or so

They don't have a lot of choice.  Even if changing the sets doesn't require cutting a hole in the side of the ship, changing them over would take more time than they have during the usual turn-around day.  As a result they plan for the change, if any, to happen during scheduled lay-up for maintenance.

5 hours ago, drsel said:

How much should one ordinarily pay to see such a show on land

I paid $157 to see a show on Broadway

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, George C said:

I understand the cost but I would think they could switch productions from one ship to another . Traveling tour companies move all the time from one city to another, even some local theaters have very quick turnovers . 

There are many more constraints to setting up a show on a ship vs on land.  Much less space to store props/staging, the need to switch between 2 shows in the same week, and the challenges of locking things down for a moving ship.  It can certainly be done but I agree with Mom...Royal is focused mostly on new/infrequent cruisers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, drsel said:

It depends on the location of course, but I paid $200 a piece for a show in January and I could have paid as much as $350, but I also could have paid as little as $42 in the Mezzanine. Rush tickets go as low as $20 or $25.

• Thanks 1

It depends on the location of course, but I paid $200 a piece for a show in January and I could have paid as much as $350, but I also could have paid as little as $42 in the Mezzanine. Rush tickets go as low as $20 or $25.
And how much do you honestly think the show would be worth?

2 minutes ago, drsel said:
6 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

And how much do you honestly think the show would be worth?

Do you mean a show at sea or a show on Broadway? I was fine with the $199 to see Dear Evan Hanson on Broadway, it's just what tickets cost these days.

At sea, the shows are incredible for the price I don't pay.

I will never understand the entertainment business as to who makes it and who doesn't. I've heard incredible voices in high school productions and iffy voices in professional productions.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, drsel said:

We normally pay about 100 per person and up for plays ,we saw Todd Rundgren on a cruise in February and then bought tickets to see him in nyc in May visit for about 175 per person of course that was canceled, so we normally pay a thousand or so on our trips to nyc to see plays and shows. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, drsel said:

So I think every Royal 7 night Cruise has a total of three shows
2 production shows + 1 aerialist or ice skating or Aqua show.

What about the 3 night and 4 night Cruises

Only oasis and newer ships have aqua, and only voyager size ships and larger have ice skating. 

1 hour ago, drsel said:

So I think every Royal 7 night Cruise has a total of three shows
2 production shows + 1 aerialist or ice skating or Aqua show.

What about the 3 night and 4 night Cruises

QUANTUM 4-night cruise from Singapore (it should be Jan 2020, not 2019)

image.thumb.png.4a84c4e5c7e751b5b0ff7c2802a9767c.png

Edited by Cruise Wonderland

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Is there any charge for the reservation for the star water show?

Can you watch any of the shows more than once?

Not sure what the "star water show" is but in general,

1. No charge for any show

2. It depends.  On some ships it's simply "first come, first served."  On others a reservation will be needed.  If you don't have one, you can line up hoping there will be space when they open the venue to those without reservations.

14 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Some have moved.  Oasis and Allure switched out their shows at five years.   But never less than five.

And the fact is that RC doesn't really care that frequent cruisers are "bored" by the shows.  They are more interested in "normal" cruisers.

☺️

I'm not bored😉

And I'm not normal

If it's good, that's a big plus