60 Day final payment applied through March of 2021

oteixeira

OPERATIONAL UPDATE.
August 26, 2020
Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Our Guests First philosophy puts you at the heart of every decision which is why during these extraordinary times we are doing our part to provide you with peace of mind however and whenever we can.

Today, I am proud to announce the extension of our Peace of Mind policy into 2021 and a new final payment schedule for all January through March 2021 voyages. Our hope is that these accommodations reassure and inspire you to transform your destination daydreams into vacation reality.

Our new payment policy for all voyages through March 31, 2021 postpones final payment until 60 days prior to embarkation versus the standard 120 days for both new and existing reservations.

Booking with confidence is now more important than ever, so under our extended Peace of Mind policy, for any existing or new reservations made by September 30, 2020:
· Guests are free to cancel anytime up to 15 days in advance of embarkation (For any voyage embarking
January 1, 2021 through October 31, 2021)
This policy applies to individual and group bookings.

When guests choose to cancel via our Peace of Mind policy, they will receive a full refund in the form of a future cruise credit to be used for sailings that embark through December 31, 2022. If guests opt to cancel a future reservation without taking advantage of our Peace of Mind policy, we ask that they contact their travel advisor. Our standard cancelation policies will apply in that instance. To review our Future Cruise Credit terms and conditions, please visit https://www.ncl.com/cruise-faq.

We are optimistic about the future and look forward to welcoming you onboard again very soon . In fact, we recently opened for sale a year’s worth of extraordinary itineraries featuring sailings to the over 300 incredible destinations that our guests have come to love. We, alongside your travel advisor are standing by to assist with your future travel arrangements for these sailings which are available through April 2023. It goes without saying that our very first priority is always your health, safety, security and well-being so I encourage you to read all about the good work we are doing at https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegi…/book-with-confidence.

I hope you will join me very soon in exploring the world in the safety and comfort of an amazing Norwegian Cruise Line ship with your friends and family.

Until then,
Harry Sommer
President & CEO
Norwegian Cruise Line
Edited by oteixeira
title

It's all about cash flow for NCL, and the optimists will continue to make final payment. When the cruise then cancels, it'll take 4 months before the refund is in their original form of payment account!

• Like 1

Is final payment still due at 120 days?  I only see that you can cancel and get full refund up to 60 days, not that final payment has changed.

ETA: Posted letter states final payment moved, but didn't see that on the NCL site.  Okay, found it.

Much better policy than MSC, hopefully they will follow suit.

Edited by Até

I think it's more about preserving bookings.  I think people are dropping just prior to final payment without seeing it likely that they will get to cruise. We did that for our (former) November 9 cruise.  Now we are booked for February 28, and I would have dropped again if cruising has not restarted by my October due date.  Now that it is end of December for final payment, they keep my booking a bit longer... if we have a clear return to cruise plan in process I will make final payment. If not, I cancel again.

There are a lot of us unwilling to hand over $2000, $3000, $4000 or more only to play the FCC/refund game.

• Like 3

All we'd put down for our January 2021 cruise is $250, if our cruise ends up getting cancelled we're only looking at "losing" $250, although we can use it for another cruise down the road. I'm sure other people may have spent more. Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, no one KNOWS if/when cruises from the US will restart. All we can do is guess. A few months ago I would've said cruising was over for the year in Europe, and yet MSC is on its 2nd sailing this month.

Edited by DCGuy64
Added extra info
  • Like 1

My final payment is Dec 23 for April 22 cruise. I hope they know what’s going on by then. 🤞🏼

And now mine for March is in January. I think it will likely be extended again. The new extension happened about a month before impacted cruises would have to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 1:59 PM, PelicanBill said:

I think it's more about preserving bookings.  I think people are dropping just prior to final payment without seeing it likely that they will get to cruise. We did that for our (former) November 9 cruise.  Now we are booked for February 28, and I would have dropped again if cruising has not restarted by my October due date.  Now that it is end of December for final payment, they keep my booking a bit longer... if we have a clear return to cruise plan in process I will make final payment. If not, I cancel again.

There are a lot of us unwilling to hand over $2000, $3000, $4000 or more only to play the FCC/refund game.

My cruise is February 20th and the NCL site has my final payment date as Nov 22nd.  Did your date change on the website? 

My cruise is February 20th and the NCL site has my final payment date as Nov 22nd.  Did your date change on the website? 

I just checked on the travel agent site and sent a new confirmation. It is still saying the date in October (my cruise is a few days before you). I wouldn’t panic yet. Likely will be updated later— it’s not a rumor that the payment dates are changed. It’s confirmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 3dogmom said:

Like @denatravels I am with an agent and my confirmation has not yet been updated but I will give then a week or two to catch up.... 

I have the letter from NCL so I know it's valid!

Edited by PelicanBill
  • Like 1