Port Canaveral Opening Date TV report

On the 600am News this  morning Orlando Television Station WFTV channel 9  interviewed The  Port Authority  chairman yesterday  and he stated the port will probably not open for passengers for cruises until at least Jan. He gave the same info that has been  talked about  that they will start with one ship from lines doing short cruises. This does not sound good at all for my next one on  Harmony in Nov.    We have Royal,Disney, Carnival, Norwegian that currently do departures from Canaveral

• Like 2

No surprise at all. It won't happen until the cruise lines identify their plans and financial responsibility in case a quarantine is required. Most of the US will not sail with the threat of mandatory 14-day quarantine to begin with. The only ones that could do it are retirees. Working families would be unable to cruise. 

3 hours ago, villager70 said:

On the 600am News this  morning Orlando Television Station WFTV channel 9  interviewed The  Port Authority  chairman yesterday  and he stated the port will probably not open for passengers for cruises until at least Jan. He gave the same info that has been  talked about  that they will start with one ship from lines doing short cruises. This does not sound good at all for my next one on  Harmony in Nov.    We have Royal,Disney, Carnival, Norwegian that currently do departures from Canaveral

Interestingly, the story lists MSC as the 4th line since NCL says they won't be back until March

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Interestingly, the story lists MSC as the 4th line since NCL says they won't be back until March

I'm so glad I did the L/S from May 2021 to Apr 2022. For us that would have been cutting it too close for Port Canaveral.

13 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I'm so glad I did the L/S from May 2021 to Apr 2022. For us that would have been cutting it too close for Port Canaveral.

I have April 2021 out of PC.  Also have December 2020 but I know that isn't happening

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, villager70 said:

On the 600am News this  morning Orlando Television Station WFTV channel 9  interviewed The  Port Authority  chairman yesterday  and he stated the port will probably not open for passengers for cruises until at least Jan

Key words in this statement?

"at least."

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

MSC announced earlier this year that they are adding a seasonal ship to be home-ported at Port Canaveral.

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

I have April 2021 out of PC.  Also have December 2020 but I know that isn't happening

We have one at the end of March, and one in the middle of May. The one in March is highly doubtful for us since final payment is due at the end of December.

Just now, orville99 said:

MSC announced earlier this year that they are adding a seasonal ship to be home-ported at Port Canaveral.

Correct, Seaside was mentioned in the article.

Scheduled for November 

• 2 weeks later...