The Daily for Friday Sep 11, 2020

richwmn

18 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

OMGOSH Father!!👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I have been praying off and on all day! 
I knew all would be good!!we have a dear friend who is early 60’s fit and a surfer walker and bike rider who had one several years ago and I was  speaking to him on our 9/11 bike ride this morning and he told me you were going to be sore but great!!!!

Take care Father! Ireland is in the future😊

Denise😊

I hope so!  Thanks much!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

I was stationed there for 18 months and got soaked in those rain storms many times. Still lots of good memories and I was glad to have an opportunity to visit there again.

Thanks for your service to your country Petty Officer First Class!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Himself said:

The pacemaker is in place and I am sore and home healing. Dr. says it was successful and it went well,

So good to hear that all went well, Father. ❤️ 

Rest and recover well, please.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Himself said:

The pacemaker is in place and I am sore and home healing. Dr. says it was successful and it went well,

That is great news!  Hopefully, by the time you read this post, you will have had a good night's sleep and be well on the road to recovery.

We are waiting for you over here ........ireland-flag-4.gif.b5fbd03312c6101eecff674be6151957.gif

Edited by VMax1700
missing apostrophe!
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

That is great news!  Hopefully, by the time you read this post, you will have had a good night's sleep and be well on the road to recovery.

We are waiting for you over here ........ireland-flag-4.gif.b5fbd03312c6101eecff674be6151957.gif

a year from October, hopefully.

• Like 1

On 9/11, we were living in New York. My husband was at an MD appointment in the city. Somehow he took a cab from the city and I picked him up in Riverdale.My daughter and her husband lived in Brooklyn. She was late to work right near the Towers because it was primary day and she went to vote. Her husband worked on Wall Street and walked from there to his grandmother’s apartment in the west 70 s. Then he had to walk up 13 flights because the building had no power.My niece who also lived in Brooklyn took a subway to lower Manhattan. When she got out, the exit door was locked.The police didn’t want people walking out into the fire. She turned around and took the first train that came even though she didn’t know where it was going. The station was filled with smoke and she was sure she was going to die. My son was out west somewhere, helping a friend drive his car out there. He came home to NY by bus and described the riders as drunk and disorderly. We were some of the lucky ones who made it home. New Yorkers were different after that day. They were friendlier and way more polite. It’s a day I know none of us will ever forget.

• Like 3

Every Clydesdale commercial makes me cry! They are the only reason that I watch the Super Bowl! This one especially is very special.

As a Long  Islander, I lost friends and neighbors  that day. I watched the smoke rise from the Towers on the West, and I sat in disbelief.

What I will always remember is the beautiful blue sky that belied the terror.  Most of all tho,  I constantly remember the eerie silence. No planes, no cars, no trains, no people outside. All we could hear was the continuous sirens of the first responders bravely going to a disaster that held unknown dangers for them.
And  then afterwards,  we remember the funerals that followed, that  still affect us today.
I remember that we came together in the months following this crisis, and I wish  that spirit would be evident today.

• Like 3