Where in the world is HAL?

bennybear

37 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

My ignorance  was showing since it is (or was) a Canadian candy and not sold in Texas or anywhere else we’ve lived in the US.  Wish I’d known about it, as I’d have liked to try it.  Have met very few chocolates I didn’t like, with or without red wine.

A woman has brought it back as it was her mom’s favourite, had one last week it was pretty good.   Kind of a cool story. 

Now back to our our regular programming 😉

where did I think I was?  Should be easy with your attention to detail! 

Edited by bennybear

23 minutes ago, bennybear said:

A woman has brought it back as it was her mom’s favourite, had one last week it was pretty good.   Kind of a cool story. 

Now back to our our regular programming 😉

where did I think I was?  Should be easy with your attention to detail! 

Right now, while it looks vaguely familiar, but I don’t have a clue.  It took DH, mainly, and me the better part of two days to figure it out.  So far, what we did for Corfu, has not helped, except to eliminate other ports instead of Corfu.  To be honest, the picture of the Nieuw Amsterdam and your signature helped.

Maybe, my brain will work better tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Right now, while it looks vaguely familiar, but I don’t have a clue.  It took DH, mainly, and me the better part of two days to figure it out.  So far, what we did for Corfu, has not helped, except to eliminate other ports instead of Corfu.  To be honest, the picture of the Nieuw Amsterdam and your signature helped.

Maybe, my brain will work better tomorrow.

Lenda

Love how you find your clues!  Feeling guilty so here’s a Hint!  It’s earlier in the same cruise. 

10 hours ago, RetiredMustang said:

OK, let's step it up a bit, away from the Caribbean.  Where is Noordam docked?

292416796_WhereisNoordam.jpg.0a14953e41505af906a5b70706204e9b.jpg

Dave

Is Noordam berthed at Shakespeare Bay, Picton?

Looks like piles of logs waiting for export.

Hope all is well wih you both, think of you every day when seeing the gift you gave us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, erewhon said:

Is Noordam berthed at Shakespeare Bay, Picton?

Looks like piles of logs waiting for export.

Hope all is well wih you both, think of you every day when seeing the gift you gave us.

Kia ora, great to hear from you!  We are fine, but miss cruising, and would like to do again the around-Australia cruise we shared with you and your DH, or even perhaps once again visit Aotearoa, the Land of the Long White Cloud -- New Zealand.

I figured that if you were monitoring this thread, you would certainly recognize the port.  Yes, it is indeed Picton.  For those who have not visited, the Picton area in New Zealand's South Island has a thriving renewable lumber industry -- we could smell the logs even before we entered the port area.  Picton is also near a lush fertile area of green valleys and rolling hills that contain a great many vineyards that produce excellent wines, including the superlative sauvignon blancs of Marlborough.

Dave

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Where is the Zuiderdam?  From inside the Crow's Nest, you may know where from just looking out the port side windows.20190713_183004.thumb.jpg.9fd4d2e8a1b6e1ca23d1d0695b55208b.jpg

That would be the birthplace of HAL, Rotterdam, the Netherlands, while passing the hotel ship SS Rotterdam V at her permanent berth at the Maashaven 

• Like 1