Where in the world is HAL?

bennybear

23 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I thought Seward was being dropped and that Whittier was going to be the termination/turning point for HAL Alaska cruises.  I thought that was to start in 2020.  Not so?

The Holland ships and the Seabourn ships are joining the Princess ships in Whittier for 2021.  HAL itineraries have been able to add College Fjord to the glacier experience and they will be closer to Anchorage and Denali for the cruise tours.  I think it was supposed to start in 2021 and they still haven’t got the cruise tour itineraries correct online as they make this transition.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RetiredMustang said:

OK, Oz maybe.  Not Sydney, Brisbane, or Melbourne I think.  Geraldton?

Dave

You actually got it right with one of those; She's passing under the former Gateway Bridge in Brisbane, Queensland in 2007. After they built a duplicate bridge, both are now known as the Sir Leo Hielscher bridges over the Brisbane River. That was not an easy one, sorry! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

You actually got it right with one of those; She's passing under the former Gateway Bridge in Brisbane, Queensland in 2007. After they built a duplicate bridge, both are now known as the Sir Leo Hielscher bridges over the Brisbane River. That was not an easy one, sorry! 

No reason to be sorry -- I've been tricky with some of my offerings.  It's part of what make this thread fun, to me at least.  We were in Brisbane once, in 2016, and I must have registered it in my memory, but failed to correctly dredge it up (see Naples, above ... but we last lived there in 1994).

Nothing tricky about this one, just a middling difficulty one.  Again, it is a port that has changed a lot since the first time we visited.  Where is it?

956106686_whichoneisthis.jpg.3c40481fc93d7fec24e762f9ceaa74b9.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bennybear said:

Look a like you need a hint,   One of our favourite ports,   This time we visited this lovely spot.  Bonus if you know where we visited! 

image.thumb.jpeg.84f55322387f0e55f213e3b858880cbd.jpeg

Is the port Cantania, Sicily?  If so, then we think the beach is Isola Bella.
Is the port Catania, Sicily?  If that is it, then we think the beach might be Isole Bella.

1 hour ago, RetiredMustang said:

No reason to be sorry -- I've been tricky with some of my offerings.  It's part of what make this thread fun, to me at least.  We were in Brisbane once, in 2016, and I must have registered it in my memory, but failed to correctly dredge it up (see Naples, above ... but we last lived there in 1994).

Nothing tricky about this one, just a middling difficulty one.  Again, it is a port that has changed a lot since the first time we visited.  Where is it?

956106686_whichoneisthis.jpg.3c40481fc93d7fec24e762f9ceaa74b9.jpg

Is it Cozumel, Mexico? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RetiredMustang said:

Boy do I feel unsmart -- I lived in Naples for six years, but the view is towards the industrial area of Portici, not the expected one toward the center of the city.  I still don't know the little town, but it could be on Ischia or Procida?

Dave

Yes to the opposite view,  but you got the bonus!  It’s Ischia so you’ve redeemed yourself!  

42 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Is the port Cantania, Sicily?  If so, then we think the beach is Isola Bella.
Is the port Catania, Sicily?  If that is it, then we think the beach might be Isole Bella.

No, but you were close, Naples and it’s Ischia. 

47 minutes ago, ski ww said:

No, here is another hint.

DSC_0851 (2).JPG

DSC_0852 (2).JPG

Port Said, Egypt with the Port Fuad Grand Mosque and its twin minarets. Transiting the Suez Canal is completely different than the Panama Canal. The so-called "port inspectors" who come onboard are, for lack of a better word "interesting" to deal with 😉 

• Like 1