Carnival Pride

richbum

Our cruise on the magic just got cancelled....looking at possibly booking the Pride out of Tampa...Whats the good, bad and ugly about this ship...would love to hear people personal opinions...even get links to reviews/pictures if possible...

Thanks in advance...You all are wonderful!

I've been on Pride 7X since 2018 and did the 2 week Journey's cruise in January 2020.  I would have been on more  if the year had been normal.  I rebooked a canceled cruise from May for April 2021 and more than likely would have been on this week.

The size is perfect for me since I'm not a fan of the huge ships.  The crew is the best ever and I really can't come up with anything negative other than the fact that I'll be disappointed when Pride leaves for Tampa.

Baltimore is the easiest port ever and I can drive there but glad that Legend will replace the Pride.

I don't take pics but I know there's a bunch on here somewhere...LOL

• Like 1

We've sailed on Pride twice and really enjoyed her. We like that Baltimore is close enough to drive to and the ship is small enough to learn quickly. There is a link to my review of our last cruise on her in my signature (I used to have a link to my first one but the rules changed on signatures with the new boards).

It has been so long since I've been on a Spirit class...almost 5 years.  It was my wife (gf at the time) and my first cruise together.  I loved the size of the ship.  I didn't feel like I was ever crowded and it was an easy walk from one end of the ship to the other regardless of what floor you were on.  I would sail on her or any Spirit class ship again in a heartbeat.  The only thing they lack is a Guy's Pig'n'Anchor.

Love the Spirit class! As others have said it's the perfect size for us, great layout, and not crowded.

Our favorite spot to hang out in the evenings was the little bar in the back of the ship next to the art gallery. It's the service bar for MDR but it has seating as well. Small and quiet which means plenty of opportunity to get to know the bartenders and the few other regulars who would frequent this bar.

1 hour ago, Dave0311 said:

Love the Spirit class! As others have said it's the perfect size for us, great layout, and not crowded.

Our favorite spot to hang out in the evenings was the little bar in the back of the ship next to the art gallery. It's the service bar for MDR but it has seating as well. Small and quiet which means plenty of opportunity to get to know the bartenders and the few other regulars who would frequent this bar.

I'll have to remember this!

• 3 months later...
On 9/16/2020 at 1:17 PM, richbum said:

Our cruise on the magic just got cancelled....looking at possibly booking the Pride out of Tampa...Whats the good, bad and ugly about this ship...would love to hear people personal opinions...even get links to reviews/pictures if possible...

Thanks in advance...You all are wonderful!

Roomy ship. A little bit outdated. The only downside I can say is the use of the lido deck being just a couple children's pools and food areas. I would like to see more stuff to do and I don't recommend getting a balcony on the rear of the ship deck 8 we had a ton of vibration.