Cruising on early NOV 2020. Help

kuhne

12 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Seriously doubt your cruise will sail.  Also likely you'll have to quaranteen in Florida on arrival.  Cruising rules have not been approved by the CDC and are not likely to be approved for a couple weeks.  Then does your ship have a crew?  Impossible to fly from most places to the USA so the plan is to cruise to India, Indonesia etc.  How long to do that?

Are the ports open?  The first cruises will be to private islands only.

The likelihood of regular Caribbean cruises in November is pretty much ZERO.  

Suggest you read the NCL RCCL suggestions on how to resume sailing.

Yeah I agree about the cruising. What’s impossible is to ask for quarantine at arrival. How would that work. One only has a number of days for a vacation. They can’t ask you to book a hotel for 15 days before your vacation even starts. Essentially they would ask me to take a month off.

I already flew to Texas in June and my cousin flew to Orlando (from my city) last week. They never tell you anything about quarantine. How would they even enforce that anyway? Ankle bracelets? 

seriously the world is like a sci fi movie right now 

Edited by kuhne

13 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

My 87 yo Mother has gone and got tested 4 times. No Dr note, no nothing. She also got the antibody test. All negative. She is convinced she had CV in November. She did make an appointment each time. I personally think she does this to get out and socialize. 

Is she is our county?   I was just playing around looking for places and lots of people her  go to CVS, I filled out the form and was told that I did not quality.  The only other free place with no doctor's note needed that I know of is over at the fairgrounds  not real close by.  

Edited by molly361

2 hours ago, kuhne said:

What’s impossible is to ask for quarantine at arrival. How would that work. One only has a number of days for a vacation. They can’t ask you to book a hotel for 15 days before your vacation even starts. Essentially they would ask me to take a month off.

The countries requiring Quarantine are trying to prevent you from travelling, if you can't get the time off including the quarantine, you shouldn't travel.

In Singapore, anyone arriving from anywhere MUST Quarantine for 14 days in either their own house or a Goverment specified hotel @ Sin$1000 per week, plus must have a test when you arrive (another $100) and at the end of the 14 days (Another $100). They also fit you with an Electronic Ankle Tag to ensure you do not leave the Quantine.

3 minutes ago, clarky213 said:

The countries requiring Quarantine are trying to prevent you from travelling, if you can't get the time off including the quarantine, you shouldn't travel.

In Singapore, anyone arriving from anywhere MUST Quarantine for 14 days in either their own house or a Goverment specified hotel @ Sin$1000 per week, plus must have a test when you arrive (another $100) and at the end of the 14 days (Another $100). They also fit you with an Electronic Ankle Tag to ensure you do not leave the Quantine.

That’s insane but I’m not surprised being Singapore.

thankfully Florida seems to be the opposite right now

5 hours ago, kuhne said:

Yeah I agree about the cruising. What’s impossible is to ask for quarantine at arrival. How would that work. One only has a number of days for a vacation. They can’t ask you to book a hotel for 15 days before your vacation even starts. Essentially they would ask me to take a month off.

I already flew to Texas in June and my cousin flew to Orlando (from my city) last week. They never tell you anything about quarantine. How would they even enforce that anyway? Ankle bracelets?

Here in the US there are or were a bunch of states that require a 14 day quarantine if you travel too from another us state.  Yes at your own expense.  I.e. I'm in PA and if traveled to maine I would have to quarantine in place for 14 days.  

If you cannot follow the rules then simply dont travel there.

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Is she is our county?   I was just playing around looking for places and lots of people her  go to CVS, I filled out the form and was told that I did not quality.  The only other free place with no doctor's note needed that I know of is over at the fairgrounds  not real close by.  

Mom lives in Titusville, Brevard. Not exactly sure where she got tested but it was in her car. A drive through testing area. 

M8

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here in the US there are or were a bunch of states that require a 14 day quarantine if you travel too from another us state.  Yes at your own expense.  I.e. I'm in PA and if traveled to maine I would have to quarantine in place for 14 days.  

If you cannot follow the rules then simply dont travel there.

How is it enforced? I think in Maine the deal is either to get tested or quarantine. The quarantine is not obligatory. But I’m curious how they are enforcing it there. People seem to have enough trouble following a simple mask rule, how do they make sure people are doing quarantine?

1 minute ago, kuhne said:

How is it enforced? I think in Maine the deal is either to get tested or quarantine. The quarantine is not obligatory. But I’m curious how they are enforcing it there. People seem to have enough trouble following a simple mask rule, how do they make sure people are doing quarantine?

In Florida, although we had one from people entering the State from NY/NJ/CT, it wasn’t enforced. 

7 minutes ago, kuhne said:

Yes I checked current requirements and yes a test is needed or you need to self quarantine.  

A friend of mine had booked a long weekend for maine back in july.  After she made online reservation she received a phone call from Hotel Mgr telling her about the 14 day quarantine so she has asked how much the room would be if she stayed for 2 weeks instead of 4 or 5 days.  She was quoted over $4000 so she immediately cancelled.  I heard of another hotel in NJ earlier this summer was doing the same for travelers from hot spots.  

Edited by Sunshine3601

On 9/24/2020 at 12:31 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

That’s unfortunate you had that experience, the test can be done in a MUCH gentler fashion. I understand the Canadian healthcare system; but do you think Medicare will be willing to expend public funds for your Covid test to go on a cruise? That was my point, perhaps not clearly stated, a test for a recreational activity should be the financial responsibility of the traveler. 

And that was my point as well.

I also think the test should be covered by the traveler as long as it’s recommended and not obligatory. At the end of the day it’s the cruise lines who need people more than people need cruises right now. Absorbing the cost or implementing a quick test on boarding would be awesome and it would make everybody feel safe to see people are being cleared to enter in real time.

who am I kidding though, I’m almost certain they will not require tests for cruising, people are already extremely sensitive about being forced to do things such as masks. Half population don want to get vaccine. Something tells me if they force you to take a pcr test before boarding a lot of people will simply not cruise. 

On 9/24/2020 at 12:01 PM, Mapleleafforever said:

Tests in Canada are free, thank goodness for socialized health care. I got tested last month and won't be doing it again anytime soon. Felt like they took a long q-tip but cut the soft end off and jabbed it as far up my nose as it would go and scraped for about 5 seconds or so. Made my eyes water. I will not be getting any of my kids tested unless it's absolutely necessary. 

20200228_130425.jpg.ae2430421adca6e91d8eb7e621f5a945.jpg

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

I'd have no issues getting my kids tested.

I still remember my oldest not wanting his school vaccinations.  He got them😉