Arnold Donald “Constant Dialogue” on starting cruises

jimbo5544

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

So there is no need for a meeting.

Meanwhile...

The PortMiami vessel movements calendar lists Navigator of the Seas as in port two times in October, indicating the ship may arrive for a series of test sailings.

• October 15 to October 19
  • October 24 to October 28

And if I remember correctly, there was a Navigator of the Seas employment letter posted from a resident of St. Vincent who will begin employment on October 24 and was directed to report to the Port of Miami.

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Indeed, I agree.

So what does that mean?  Without "guidance" does the industry implement their plans as currently shaped, or are they prohibited from moving forward until Somebody Important gives it their blessing?  With the CDC already having their hand slapped by Pence, I don't see a lot of "oh, go ahead and start cruising, we'll talk later".

"What does that mean?"  The meeting was merely for the cruise lines to air their gripes about the CDC requirements to a friendly set of ears.  So, any thought of early start up is likely moot.  It means that the cruise lines will still have to submit action plans to the CDC that meet the CDC's requirements, and to the best of my knowledge, they haven't. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

"What does that mean?"  The meeting was merely for the cruise lines to air their gripes about the CDC requirements to a friendly set of ears.  So, any thought of early start up is likely moot.  It means that the cruise lines will still have to submit action plans to the CDC that meet the CDC's requirements, and to the best of my knowledge, they haven't. 

I am not sure I agree.  It is clear they have been “directed” to do things in the past.  

Politics aside, if directed by the WH, after discussion, they would comply.  Point is moot now at least till end of year.  

Edited by jimbo5544

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

I am not sure I agree.  It is clear they have been “directed” to do things in the past.  

Politics aside, if directed by the WH, after discussion, they would comply.  Point is moot now at least till end of year.  

Not so fast Jimbo, the door is slightly ajar for Nov/Dec.at least from Miami and PC.

13 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Meanwhile...

The PortMiami vessel movements calendar lists Navigator of the Seas as in port two times in October, indicating the ship may arrive for a series of test sailings.

Port of Miami has had cruise ships come and go out on weekly basis for last few months including Navigator of Seas  

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Lol, must have fallen and hit my head.  My bad.  

LOL

It was funny though we weren’t sure what you did maybe delirious over the ever changing landscape.

Hopefully something positive “leaks” out of that meeting 

• Like 2

On 10/8/2020 at 9:45 PM, Cruiseboy06 said:

It's  still not official start date!!!!!!!!!    The CDC has not approved the new guidelines nor had a White  House meeting  yet

Are you sure you used enough exclamation points? We weren't discussing official start dates. We were discussing the logistics of restarting.

For crying out loud, I take a break from the forum for a few months and the same people are still trying to turn every discussion into an argument.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 1:47 PM, Cruiseboy06 said:

Port of Miami has had cruise ships come and go out on weekly basis for last few months including Navigator of Seas  

It proves the ships are still ship shape and ready to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Cruiseboy06 said:

So why did they canceled  North America's cruises for November?????????  

Did they??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sailings between November 1 and December 31, 2020 from Miami and Port Canaveral have not been canceled.

27 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

So why did they canceled  North America's cruises for November?????????  

23 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Did they??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sailings between November 1 and December 31, 2020 from Miami and Port Canaveral have not been canceled.

Carnival did not cancel November sailings from Miami and Port Canaveral as of now. They are very excited to start sailing with a limited number of ships from a limited number of ports where they can bring the fun back to you.

On 10/8/2020 at 10:12 PM, BlerkOne said:

Meanwhile...

•  
  •  

You were talking about RCL's ships in this post..  oh They are already to cruise...... ah pleaze