Quantum of the Seas starts cruising in Dec.

7 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Anybody know why this 2 night cruise is taking an unconventional route of going to the east of Singapore rather than the Malacca Strait?

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 11.00.28 AM.png

I'm working onboard the OV, and we're currently parked in the OPL anchorage off the east coast.  The Malacca Straight is one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world, and I'm assuming that they'd want to stay out of the lane if possible.  Also, there are a lot of ships parked in OPL, and it's actually interesting to look at.  They may want to actually show the guests all the other parked ships...it's quite the spectacle. 

That being said, I don't know the exact reason why...but the ships in the OPL anchorage are probably the most interesting thing around here to look at right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

December sounds very promising. We have like a few days left before it arrives and hearing news that cruising is coming back later this year is some positive news Id love to hear.

Quantum sailing on Tuesday has little to do with the rest of the fleet - unlikely any of them will sail with paying passengers before February. Other than this test cruise, she's been docked at the cruise terminal for at least two weeks.

Edited by Biker19

32 minutes ago, miraflores said:

I'm working onboard the OV, and we're currently parked in the OPL anchorage off the east coast.  The Malacca Straight is one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world, and I'm assuming that they'd want to stay out of the lane if possible.  Also, there are a lot of ships parked in OPL, and it's actually interesting to look at.  They may want to actually show the guests all the other parked ships...it's quite the spectacle. 

That being said, I don't know the exact reason why...but the ships in the OPL anchorage are probably the most interesting thing around here to look at right now.

Which ship is coming to Sydney for trials?

Ovation or voyager?

41 minutes ago, miraflores said:

Can't be weather, whether you're here or there or in Singapore rain is bound to happen this time of year. But what interests me is that World Dream seems to have no issues making U-turns in the straits of Malacca. I for one, thought that that's all the guest will see on a cruise to nowhere, instead of the 'open' sea.

My rationale behind this is maybe this is the eventual route that Quantum will sail this season. With her sailings a minimum of 3 nights, she might be better sailing around in the South China Sea than the Straits. Probably a test run if that's the case!

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Looks like Quantum is mixing things up by sailing up the Malacca straight instead east of Singapore.

Probably because of the weather.  If you look at the satellite picture the S. China sea is all clouds.  We were dodging rain storms the first 2 days this past weekend. 

3 hours ago, Sail n Snow said:

Probably because of the weather.  If you look at the satellite picture the S. China sea is all clouds.  We were dodging rain storms the first 2 days this past weekend. 

Tropical Depression Krovanh is also in the vicinity. Seas are probably rougher for sailing this week than usual.

Edited by Ethanol95

3 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

They decided to change the route on your sailing halfway?

No that was the previous cruise.  The other night we had a nice storm system in Singapore as well.

The captain probably decided to see if the Malacca Strait was smother since it’s better protected. 

84DFFC90-F578-4E4C-BD19-FB7419409999.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Sail n Snow said:

No that was the previous cruise.  The other night we had a nice storm system in Singapore as well.

The captain probably decided to see if the Malacca Strait was smother since it’s better protected. 

84DFFC90-F578-4E4C-BD19-FB7419409999.jpeg

Now you'll be chasing World Dream every so often! haha

• 1 month later...

Can someone explain to me the procedure for getting swabbed at Raffles City before the cruise. What happens if you're a family that's sailing, do you all get the same booking appointment for the test or do you still have to go according to your designated time slot as an individual passenger?

26 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Can someone explain to me the procedure for getting swabbed at Raffles City before the cruise. What happens if you're a family that's sailing, do you all get the same booking appointment for the test or do you still have to go according to your designated time slot as an individual passenger?

You book the appointment, pick the day and time you like and go as a family.  

Its pretty fast and efficient. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1