Quantum of the Seas starts cruising in Dec.

On 10/12/2020 at 7:44 AM, Chiliburn said:

If quantum does change to Brisbane I think it would be doing radiance itinerary to the islands.

I don’t know what ship would replace it in Sydney? The only ships I can think of is Radiance and Serenade.

We rolled over a couple of cruises from this season to Ovation luckily,it just suited us.

Next season is starting to be heavily booked, I don’t know what you can do?

May be call who you booked with but they will probably just tell you nonsense.

Like I said ,be flexible. Who knows.

So that would mean the transpacific is off from Honolulu to Sydney in October next year?

On 10/9/2020 at 3:26 PM, drsel said:
On 10/9/2020 at 2:59 PM, Ourusualbeach said:
You will be waiting about 4 weeks until the FCC is issued to be able to apply it to either a new or existing reservation. 

I don't mind waiting for 4 Weeks for the FCC, but should I make the final payment now in order to get a much higher 125% FCC?

Give it a shot. One of 3 things will happen

1. The payment won’t go through

2. The payment will go through and you won’t get the 125% of that portion

3. The payment will go through and you will get the full 125%.

Let us know what happens.

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Give it a shot. One of 3 things will happen

1. The payment won’t go through

2. The payment will go through and you won’t get the 125% of that portion

3. The payment will go through and you will get the full 125%.

Let us know what happens.

Guessing but since its a week later that it is definitely no longer an option.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Looks like the move to Brisbane is all but official, some travel agents reportedly got an email saying it's moving from Sydney. 

Also all October 2021+ Quantum (And Radiance) bookings have disappeared from the Royal website this morning.

Apparently the notice was "confidential", but one (EseaCruising) missed/ignored the note:

"Get ready Queensland! This is OMG-worthy, quantum-leaping, jaw-dropping news. For the first time ever, state-of-the-art Quantum of the Seas will be sailing from Brisbane in Summer 2021-2022.

Quantum of the Seas will be the newest and biggest ship to ever call Brisbane home. Your clients will be able to discover first-at-sea innovations like skydiving in the middle of the ocean. Marvel at mind-blowing Broadway style shows and spellbinding aerial displays. And embrace their inner foodie with immersive world class dining.
With 25 itineraries sailing from Brisbane to 18 destinations across Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific, never before have Queenslanders had so much choice."

I'm booked for the Oct 14th Hawaii-Sydney Transpacific (which is one of the ones gone from the website), but since we're waiting on booking anything else related to this because of Covid, ending in Brisbane is ok with us, but not ideal (we have friends in Sydney we were hoping to visit with, we still may wind up traveling down from bris to visit though but after checking it out).   The cruise does wind up being a few days shorter though.  (Oct 30 vs Nov 2)  We haven't heard anything official from Royal yet, though.

Edited by atricks

11 minutes ago, atricks said:

Looks like the move to Brisbane is all but official, some travel agents reportedly got an email saying it's moving from Sydney. 

Also all October 2021+ Quantum (And Radiance) bookings have disappeared from the Royal website.

From which date can we book the Quantum and which month will it start

Edited by drsel

7 minutes ago, drsel said:

From which date can we book the Quantum and which month will it start

Based on the port schedule posted on the Port of Brisbane's website, October 30th is when Quantum arrives.     The 2021 Alaska sailings are still bookable, it just stops in October.   Nov 5th is the next date in Brisbane after the 30th.  You can see for yourself at https://www.portbris.com.au/Operations-and-Trade/Shipping-Schedule/ 

Calendar is toward the bottom of that page.   Nothing on the Royal website for them, yet though.

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2020 at 6:17 PM, BecAus said:

Wow....ok, I remember reading something and don't know why I didn't click that it would affect us.

I hope they let us officially know something soon.  In cruising/planning terms it's not that far away - we usually book up to two years out.

We've cruised out of Brisbane before, Legend - in 2015 I think it was, but I gather they can take bigger ships there now, I think I recently read here that they could possibly dock an Oasis there.  When we went, Legend was the only size that would fit!

We docked in Brisbane on the Ovation at Fisherman Island.

Fisherman Island
Port of Brisbane QLD 4178, Australia
https://maps.app.goo.gl/c21EJXMFdbdYxhnc6

Edited by miraflores
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, atricks said:

Also all October 2021+ Quantum (And Radiance) bookings have disappeared from the Royal website this morning.

Thanks for this.

I'm sure you're right, but they were still all there today (on the Aus website anyway).  Haven't looked now but will have a look in the morning - it's after 1am here, I really should be in bed : )

So.. what does this mean for people who have cruises already booked on Quantum out of Sydney??

Does RCG outright cancel those cruises?

We are booked on an 11n on Qu to NZ on 13 Jan '22.  We booked a GS for a great price, after I repriced a month ago.

Ovation is doing a 'similar' 12n cruise to NZ out of Sydney but only a couple of GS's left and ~ 3K more than what I paid now : (

What do they usually do when this happens, is it just a 'sorry, your cruise is cancelled'?

Will be very disappointing if so.  I could have booked Ovation in the beginning but chose Quantum as we hadn't been on her and have done Ovation 3 times I think (I know they're sisters)

Do they offer us something comparable out of Brisbane or are we just S.O.L.?

Only problem would be: they usually do Sth Pacific out of Brisbane, we'd decided we would prefer to do NZ this time as we've done most of our cruises to the Sth Pac.

2 hours ago, BecAus said:

From what I understand serenade will be in Sydney to replace Quantum.

Ovation is pretty well booked out and with the double C&A points prices have gone up.

All I can say is I’m glad I booked ovation instead of quantum.

• Like 1

Just now, atricks said:

Well just got the email showing our Hawaii->Sydney Quantum Transpacific (Oct 14, 2021) was outright cancelled.  Refund is the only option.

Yep. I called and tried to get a lateral over to Ovation but the only option was a new reservation at over $2k more. No way. 

37 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Yep. I called and tried to get a lateral over to Ovation but the only option was a new reservation at over $2k more. No way. 

We had 3 people in our jr suite on Quantum, nothing available at all (any cabin type) for 3+ for the Ovation sept cruise.

The Brisbane bookings for Quantum just started showing up on the Royal Website within the past hour.  There is a new Vancouver->Hawaii leg that wasn't there before, but nothing between Hawaii and Brisbane.   Brisbane itself has the rest of the season filled out for it.

3 hours ago, atricks said:

Well just got the email showing our Hawaii->Sydney Quantum Transpacific (Oct 14, 2021) was outright cancelled.  Refund is the only option.

3 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Yep, received the email overnight. Cancelled.  Their 'special' offer was a $50 / $100 OBC - Int / Bal - if you change to a similar sailing out of Bris / Syd.

I haven't checked today but last time I did a similar cruise was 3K more. That's a no from me!

Edited by BecAus

Their offer should really be to price match a similar cruise.  I just checked. There is a similar cruise - 12n instead of 11n and there is 2 x GS's left but the price is $2,400 more than I paid.  I don't think I'll be taking them up on their 'special' offer at that rate!

19 hours ago, miraflores said:

We docked in Brisbane on the Ovation at Fisherman Island.

Fisherman Island
Port of Brisbane QLD 4178, Australia
https://maps.app.goo.gl/c21EJXMFdbdYxhnc6

They'll be docked at the new BICT once it's completed (in theory it should have completed by now)

BICT is said to be able to handle Oasis class ship

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

That's pretty good, how do they do that?

I assume the balcony or special outside lights have some central control and that was fed into a controller to provide that ticker tape effect.

Biker, whose life would be very different had he taken up ticker tape advertising.

Edited by Biker19

Quantum is very nice. I am glad they are doing alright and soon we will have a chance to experience it once again. What I would like to also notice is that Quantum was off the media news for a very long time. I am glad some news about it start to appear again 

On 11/4/2020 at 4:38 PM, Biker19 said:

I assume the balcony or special outside lights have some central control and that was fed into a controller to provide that ticker tape effect.

Biker, whose life would be very different had he taken up ticker tape advertising.

Big LED walls like this are very simple, and you've got it right. Each light is a pixel and all the lights are connected in strips into a processor/scaler that synchs up the whole screen. That processor is connected to a source that plays video content. It's likely that the resolution of the whole side of the ship isn't even the resolution of a TV.