The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

32 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

Now, who is lurking in the background who is eager to take another wildcard and show us their photo? Let us guess where you have been along a river. Anyone around who has not posted yet or not for a long time? Beat the regulars to it, I am convinced one of them is getting ready to post already. :classic_biggrin:

Sadly, while I have lots of pictures, mine aren't labeled for me to know whether someone guessed them correctly. I'd have to do research to get actual name/location/river myself to even post one. I'm lazy, I'll admit it. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Sadly, while I have lots of pictures, mine aren't labeled for me to know whether someone guessed them correctly. I'd have to do research to get actual name/location/river myself to even post one. I'm lazy, I'll admit it. 

Hello to you. No problem, thanks for following in the background. Always nice to hear from people.

notamermaid

2 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Shmoo, if you want to post one...we can always guess and try to find the pic to match.  I'm willing to ignore my pic if you wish. 🙂

33 minutes ago, Daisi said:

Shmoo, if you want to post one...we can always guess and try to find the pic to match.  I'm willing to ignore my pic if you wish. 🙂

Thanks Daisi! That is an interesting twist, we could try that. Why not. You and Shmoo, you negotiate that if you wish to do so. I will see tomorrow how you are all getting on. ☺️ 

notamermaid

59 minutes ago, Daisi said:

@Shmoo here. let's try one of your pics, that we have to guess.  If we don't have something in our own files, we can do Renmar's trick and google it, pasting the link.  If you think it's right, you get where the pic was taken, and we have fun looking!

Oh my, I get some recognition 😁 (just kidding). I think this is an excellent idea. By the way I use Google as a last resort, most of the time I know or recognize a place but am not quick enough with posting or when I'm really stuck I use Google and still be too late 😞

Theo

• Haha 1

ok, practising a bit with all the hints now I ended in Obernai, (Oberehnheim), Alsace, Rhine river.

The picture shows the ramparts near the synagogue (which is just to the left of the picture) looking north. The half timbered house lies on Rue du General Guraud.

Obernai, really nice - I also thought it might be Alsace. Obernai is one of many small towns and villages that are so lovely to wander around and some shots - like this photo - make me think of German fairy tale film sets.

Coronavirus struck the Alsace region last year two weeks before I wanted to go there. Want to return as soon as possible, really want to see the library in Selestat. A trip up to the Haut Koenigsburg would be great as well.

Dreaming of better days.

@Daisi ready to hand over to AnhalterER1960?

notamermaid