The Daily for Sunday Oct 11, 2020

richwmn

44 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

GO Riders!  We're missing our football team this year as well - hopefully 2021 will be better for everyone.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Our son in law is from Saskatchewan, so our granddaughters cheer for the Riders 😂

he made an amazing deep fried turkey, a first for me!  Yum.  Thankful for a nice day outside with family, building fairy houses, won’t be too many more,  we’ve had thunder and lightening and crazy winds.  We know what’s on the way! 

I’m with Jacqui,   Love a Caesar, invented in Calgary!  Though  don’t know how Clamato juice got into it in beef country! 🤷‍♀️  Though we do have some very small freshwater shrimp.

Happy Thanksgiving, our RV is Now tucked in for the next few months.  

image.thumb.jpeg.290a4c77d809c3cbb38b9632c08e41dc.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 12

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian friends.   The first year my sister and her family lived in Ontario they had decided not to do Canadian Thanksgiving as the whole family was coming for the US one in November.  The night before when she was putting her eldest to bed, he remarked how he was so looking forward to turkey and all the stuff for Thanksgiving the next day. Her husband made an emergency trip to the store that night as well as going across the river to get a few things.   She never tried that one again!

I am so glad that fatcat's son is ok.   Jacqui, there are never enough prayers where COVID is concerned.  My nephew and his girlfriend recently tested positive.   So far symptoms are mild, but we are all keeping careful watch.   

Take care everyone.  

• Like 10

11 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

He and I were up with the chickens this am getting him to work as yesterday on the way to work he totalled his truck. It was actually his dad's truck, a sentimental treasure, though certainly not a monetary one but that is neither here nor there at this point. 

Oh my!  What a scare. My heart was racing just reading about it and so glad he didn’t get hurt. Angels were with him for sure. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, kazu said:

A sad day yesterday as the de-dahliafication has begun.  (Think of the movie The Santa Claus when Curtis says “the de-Santafication has begun.). They are all cut down and in compost 😞 The only dahlias left are these:

DF1F7C90-D020-43BC-9FE5-D2F70069E166.thumb.jpeg.ace7010ae694041d9094dae5c1196915.jpeg

2803F8AE-5450-477D-A547-95E739A87157.thumb.jpeg.bb451e7df92a12a7b20ad90013c29111.jpeg

A3FB3A04-884F-4440-96CF-B595827E5253.thumb.jpeg.2da5df83ac8476815e6dac07c0479b74.jpeg

Stay safe and don’t forget your masks. 😷 

The last of your dahlias are beautiful.

Hope your niece recovers quickly, and that your sister and BIL remain virus free.

• Like 6

I got interrupted this morning and didn’t get this posted. 

Thank you for the Daily Rich. Thank you for your lists Roy. The salmon menu suggestion sounds great. I have a similar one that has brown sugar but the honey version might be better. 

We had a small celebration for my son’s 35th birthday today. DGD and I made a cake. She decorated it:

EE135CE9-9D40-4817-9967-108FF2D4466D.thumb.jpeg.41979676bb501c5ac38f680aabe0633b.jpeg

I think I over baked it. 🙁. But everyone loved the frosting. 😋

Happy Thanksgiving to our northern neighbors!  All the talk about turkey has me hungry for Thanksgiving dinner. I’ve already bought my turkey for next month. It’ll be nice to cook this year now that I am retired and not have to work. I usually make everything the 3 days before, even the turkey. 

Have a great evening everyone!

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, erewhon said:

The last of your dahlias are beautiful.

Hope your niece recovers quickly, and that your sister and BIL remain virus free.

Thanks to you and everyone for your kind wishes today.  

My sister and BIL were tested today so hopefully we hear sooner than later and it is all good. My sister has not been feeling well which does not bode well 😞 

Sadly test results in Ontario are much longer than here 😞 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you for the Daily Rich. Thank you for your lists Roy. The salmon menu suggestion sounds great. I have a similar one that has brown sugar but the honey version might be better. 

We had a small celebration for my son’s 35th birthday today. DGD and I made a cake. She decorated it:

EE135CE9-9D40-4817-9967-108FF2D4466D.thumb.jpeg.41979676bb501c5ac38f680aabe0633b.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving to our northern neighbors!  All the talk about turkey has me hungry for Thanksgiving dinner. I’ve already bought my turkey for next month. It’ll be nice to cook this year now that I am retired and not have to work. I usually make everything the 3 days before, even the turkey. 

Happy Birthday to your son 🙂 🎂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, superoma said:

I promised pictures so here they are. No fancy serving and almost no leftovers - four teenagers can eat their way thru lots of food! Didn’t get dessert pics but there was pumpkin pie and almond cake. And wine!
IMG_0274.JPGIMG_0277.JPGIMG_0275.JPGIMG_0278.JPGIMG_0279.JPGIMG_0276.JPGIMG_0280.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looks delicious- what a feast! Thank you for sharing. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, superoma said:

I promised pictures so here they are. No fancy serving and almost no leftovers - four teenagers can eat their way thru lots of food! Didn’t get dessert pics but there was pumpkin pie and almond cake. And wine!
IMG_0274.JPGIMG_0277.JPGIMG_0275.JPGIMG_0278.JPGIMG_0279.JPGIMG_0276.JPGIMG_0280.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OMGOSH what a wonderful feast!!! I am full just looking at your pictures!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY 👍

Denise😊

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Hi Sharon! 
I think your Heart cake for your son’s birthday is wonderful! Your granddaughter did a fine job on decorating daddy’s cake!

This is such a nice distraction in our day of events! Thank you so much for your contributions to The Daily! Much appreciated 

Denise😊

• Like 2