The Daily for Sunday Oct 11, 2020

richwmn

today is It's My Party Day, Southern Food Heritage Day, and International Day of the Girl Child

The secret of getting ahead is getting started

-- Mark Twain

Meal suggestion for today - Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon

Drink of the Day - Bloody Mary

Wine of the day - Cleto Chiarli e Figli Lambrusco di Sorbara del Fondatore vintage 2016

At Sea Caribbean
Eurodam destination Willemstad eta 10/12

Balboa Anchorage
Koningsdam

Brindisi Italy Anchorage
Zuiderdam

Caracas Bay
Oosterdam

Katakolon Greece Anchorage
Noordam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam

Torquay GB
Volendam
Westerdam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Nieuw Amsterdam

1011World.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  It's My Party should probably be a Zoom party for now.  Best Wishes to all the Girl Children, and may those who love Southern Food have a very festive one.  Love that Quote.  Since I'm not into seafood I'd choose my alternate menu selection of Banana, Papaya, and Blueberry Fruit Cocktail, Rack of Veal, and Carrot Cake as served on the Amsterdam October 11, 2017.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax getting ready for surgery

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Burnout at work, especially Live4cruises

California and Colorado Wildfires

Seasick Sailor;s skunk

those in the affected by Delta

Kazu’s sister, niece, and BIL

Denise’s friend with stage 4 metastatic lung cancer (but pleased she’s comfortable).

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Wekcome to the Daily @Safety Squirrel

MS Rotterdam in the water

Return of Amsterdam Luggage

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

and cruisin single helping Colorado firefighters

30 days since Himself’s pacemaker (should have full use of his arm now)

and Thanksgiving in Canada

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.

Thanks for the Daily.

It's my party, but it will be a quiet party for me and my hubby and the dog.  No one else.☹️

We're celebrating Thanksgiving today.  Although it's not our usual holiday weekend, we have plenty to be thankful for.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 15

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Roy, thank you again for taking care of our lists. Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. 

Another wild combo of Days! This “girl child” might just have Southern fried chicken at my suppertime party. I will tuck today’s delicious sounding meal away for future reference. I have used that quote when coaching folk - a lot! Today’s drink might be the second one I know, since Rich started adding them.

Prayers to all who need our support! A Shout Out to all who are celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

You know you’re in for it, when the name of today’s wine is longer than the quote of the day. The 2016 vintage of this sparkling Lambrusco may no longer be available, but subsequent vintages have very good ratings with prices starting at $16.95.

#99 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

Floral, elegant, and rigorous, this wine offers a complete range of fragrances. On the palate, it shows a combination between structure and roundness without compromise. A masterpiece.Traditional vinification, ‘Pris de Mousse’ through natural in-bottle fermentation which is followed by a six-month long ageing. 

Take care when uncorking and pouring in order to avoid moving the light dregs, which are the typical by-product of in-bottle fermentation, from the bottom of the bottle. 

WS90 Wine Spectator
A well-knit rose Lambrusco, featuring a fine, lively mousse and a bright mix of crushed raspberry, crunch peach, dried thyme and rose petal notes, with a tangy finish of citrus zest and spice. Drink now through 2020.
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good morning.

Thanks for the Daily.

It's my party, but it will be a quiet party for me and my hubby and the dog.  No one else.☹️

We're celebrating Thanksgiving today.  Although it's not our usual holiday weekend, we have plenty to be thankful for.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 6

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

No parties here sadly due to safety.  I missed having my annual summer parties 😢 

Hope all those who like Southern Food celebrate their heritage today and here’s to all the girl children everywhere!

Love Mark Twain’s quote - ever so true.

I’ll pass on the salmon tonight as we are trying the chicken bubble bake suggested a few days ago.  I hope those who are having their Thanksgiving dinner today have a very enjoyable one.

I’ll take the drink of the day with Clamato juice & spices.  In other words, really a Caesar 😉 

A sad day yesterday as the de-dahliafication has begun.  (Think of the movie The Santa Claus when Curtis says “the de-Santafication has begun.). They are all cut down and in compost 😞 The only dahlias left are these:

DF1F7C90-D020-43BC-9FE5-D2F70069E166.thumb.jpeg.ace7010ae694041d9094dae5c1196915.jpeg

2803F8AE-5450-477D-A547-95E739A87157.thumb.jpeg.bb451e7df92a12a7b20ad90013c29111.jpeg

A3FB3A04-884F-4440-96CF-B595827E5253.thumb.jpeg.2da5df83ac8476815e6dac07c0479b74.jpeg

A couple of freezing days so, I’ll wait to dig out the bulbs (uggh) I moved the chilies are in the house in the hopes I can get this crop finished  when it warms up and I can put them back out.  

The deck is looking pretty bleak 😞 

Prayers to all of those on Roy’s Care list & to all who need them and a toast to those we are joyfully celebrating today.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.  Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate.

Stay safe and don’t forget your masks. 😷 

• Like 22

Good morning Rich, Roy, and all our wonderful dailyites.

This girl child does not like salmon but DH would love todays menu.

No parties here, but would appreciate southern cooking.

Bloody Mary:

Ingredients

• 1 lemon wedge
  • 1 lime wedge
  • 2 ounces vodka
  • 4 ounces tomato juice
  • 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
  • 2 tsp prepared horseradish
  • 2 dashes worcestershire sauce
  • 1 pinch celery salt
  • 1 pinch ground black pepper
  • 1 pinch smoked paprika
  • Garnish: lime wedge
  • Garnish: green olives
  • Garnish: parsley sprig
  • Garnish: celery stalk

Steps

1. Pour some celery salt onto a small plate.

2. Rub the juicy side of the lemon or lime wedge along the lip of a pint glass.

3. Roll the outer edge of the glass in celery salt until fully coated.

4. Fill with ice and set aside.

5. Squeeze the lemon and lime wedges into a shaker and drop them in.

6. Add the remaining ingredients and ice and shake gently.

7. Strain into the prepared glass.

8. Garnish with a parsley sprig, 2 speared green olives and a lime wedge and a celery stalk (optional).

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your Mask.  Prayers and congratulations to our lists.

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 12

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily. 

Good morning sister's, Daily-ites, Roy and Jacqui. I will be sad to open the Daily and not see any of kazu's beautiful flowers.

Denise, we got our mail in ballots and drove them down to the blue box already. Ann, "crunch peach"? 

Lot's of prayer's going out today on Roy's list. Happy Thanksgiving weekend to our friends wayyy up north:}

This picture reminds me of myself growing up. I had several shelves of stuffed animals, and would take them all down and read to them. I love to read and remember all of my favorite childhood books. Now I read from my kindle with grown up books:}

20 Funniest Jokes From Kids' Books

Going to make Southern bisquits and gravy for Allen this morning. We are having steak tonight, but I often make Southern dishes my sweet husband. 

Blessings to all. Wish you a healthy and happy Sunday.

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good morning Rich, Roy, and all our wonderful dailyites.

This girl child does not like salmon but DH would love todays menu.

No parties here, but would appreciate southern cooking.

Bloody Mary:

Ingredients

• 1 lemon wedge
  • 1 lime wedge
  • 2 ounces vodka
  • 4 ounces tomato juice
  • 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
  • 2 tsp prepared horseradish
  • 2 dashes worcestershire sauce
  • 1 pinch celery salt
  • 1 pinch ground black pepper
  • 1 pinch smoked paprika
  • Garnish: lime wedge
  • Garnish: green olives
  • Garnish: parsley sprig
  • Garnish: celery stalk

Steps

1. Pour some celery salt onto a small plate.

2. Rub the juicy side of the lemon or lime wedge along the lip of a pint glass.

3. Roll the outer edge of the glass in celery salt until fully coated.

4. Fill with ice and set aside.

5. Squeeze the lemon and lime wedges into a shaker and drop them in.

6. Add the remaining ingredients and ice and shake gently.

7. Strain into the prepared glass.

8. Garnish with a parsley sprig, 2 speared green olives and a lime wedge and a celery stalk (optional).

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your Mask.  Prayers and congratulations to our lists.

That's a LOT of horseradish 😁 🙂   Thanks for the recipe, I think I'll omit the horseradish and add some Walkerswood Jamaican hot sauce 🙂

• Like 7

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  It's My Party should probably be a Zoom party for now.  Best Wishes to all the Girl Children, and may those who love Southern Food have a very festive one.  Love that Quote.  Since I'm not into seafood I'd choose my alternate menu selection of Banana, Papaya, and Blueberry Fruit Cocktail, Rack of Veal, and Carrot Cake as served on the Amsterdam October 11, 2017.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax getting ready for surgery

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Burnout at work, especially Live4cruises

California and Colorado Wildfires

Seasick Sailor;s skunk

those in the affected by Delta

Kazu’s sister, niece, and BIL

Denise’s friend with stage 4 metastatic lung cancer (but pleased she’s comfortable).

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Wekcome to the Daily @Safety Squirrel

MS Rotterdam in the water

Return of Amsterdam Luggage

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

and cruisin single helping Colorado firefighters

30 days since Himself’s pacemaker (should have full use of his arm now)

and Thanksgiving in Canada

Roy

Thanks Roy, do have full use of my arm. Glad the Amsterdam PAX are finally geeting their luggage back.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, and thanks for the Daily!

As a parent of an only child, thanks to a beautiful daughter I have been celebrating girl-day every day for nearly 40 years now. And isn't it incredible how some moments last forever while the years are so fleeting?

Hope everyone has a safe, wonderful day!

George

• Like 10

Good morning Dailyites and thank you to Rich, Roy, and all those who make this positive place special. 

That quote... good one for myself and ds this morning. He and I were up with the chickens this am getting him to work as yesterday on the way to work he totalled his truck. It was actually his dad's truck, a sentimental treasure, though certainly not a monetary one but that is neither here nor there at this point. He hydroplaned across both lanes and the truck ended up going airborne and landed upright on top of a guard rail balanced in the front by a fence with a rather deep quarry on the other side. The driver side was spared but the passenger side was  destroyed as was the undercarriage with a ripped out exhaust and a ruptured fuel tank leaking gas everywhere. No oncoming traffic, thank the Lord! Ds was miraculously unhurt thanks to a tough old metal truck who gave it's life to save my son's, a well placed guard rail, and a legion of angels. Otherwise.... well this momma can't think about that without tearing up. It makes you thankful for people who build vehicles safe and strong and put up things like guard rails in dangerous places and of course angels. Daddy always said every teen gets into an accident and hopefully it wakes them up. One of the dozens of people who stopped to help my son yesterday told him "You were sent a message today." I know his momma certainly was. 

So insurance companies and car shopping are in our future, two of my least favorite things. 

Delta is still blessing us with rain today. Fall rain always kind of depresses me unlike Spring rain which seems helpful and purposeful. Soggy brown leaves in my yard are some of the most uninspiring things in creation. 

Tomorrow is our dd's 3rd birthday party. We just have our family bubble of grandmas and aunty coming over for lunch, cake, and presents, no big party. Our baby she isn't anymore as she moves into little girlhood with all it's pretend play, dancing, singing, and wonder. Very bittersweet. Like most 3 year olds, she is adorable, exasperating, ebullient, and exhausting all in the same 5 minute span. Add in cake and presents and well I just hope I make it. It should be a fun time though.  

Thoughts and prayers for all those listed. Cheers to those who are celebrating and should be celebrated. 

Everyone hug those you love and have a blessed and safe day!!

Oh and here is a giggle for you today:

Screen-Shot-2020-10-07-at-7.38.33-AM.png

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 17
  • Haha 3

@fatcat04 Thank goodness your son is safe after that accident yesterday!  You all have a lot to be thankful for!  I have experienced excess water on the interstate there during one of our trips through Nashville and it was darn scary.  

Have a wonderful birthday party for your daughter.  We should add you, your son and the rest of your family to our celebrations list!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

@fatcat04 Thank goodness your son is safe after that accident yesterday!  You all have a lot to be thankful for!  I have experienced excess water on the interstate there during one of our trips through Nashville and it was darn scary.  

Have a wonderful birthday party for your daughter.  We should add you, your son and the rest of your family to our celebrations list!

Yes, ponding here especially after excessive rain is a serious issue. Anyone driving through Nashville nowadays should beware, period. What isn't potholed is under construction... and always congested. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We had salmon last night after managing to find the proper cooking tools in our currently chaotic kitchen. Baked ham is on the menu for today followed by watching a bit of Viking's football. 

This is a nice view from Morne Coubaril Estate (St. Lucia) -

image.thumb.png.3343edd8bc3af1836fecb315d1b698e6.png

• Like 10

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  And just like that, jiggity jig, we're home again and what a great week it was spending time with our two little grandsons and their parents.  It always reminds me though, why child bearing and rearing is mostly left to the young!  LOL

Great meal suggestion today, but we'll be having a turkey dinner - thanks to our wonderful neighbour, friend, and cat-sitter.  We weren't in the house half an hour last night when the doorbell rang - there she was with her 13 year old son, carrying plates of Thanksgiving turkey dinner and all the trimmings; 3 side dishes and dessert.  We are truly blessed and will enjoy the fruits of her labours this evening.

@fatcat04  Wow, is it any wonder parents get grey hair?  Your son must have had an angel sitting on his shoulder to escape unscathed from that!

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the wine glass tonight for all on the celebration list.  Stay well, be safe!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!! I'm thankful for all of you, and I just  wanted to l… | Happy thanksgiving pictures, Happy thanksgiving images,  Thanksgiving wallpaper

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1