Realistic and optimistic approach for Carnival in Australia

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

I herd today that they are rounding the corner in US of A. 😄

He claims that they have already rounded the corner. Anyway, COVID isn't a problem.😁

BTW, there is an article on ABC on line about the long term physical problems that a percentage of people are left with after they have supposedly recovered from COVID. In the article, a few UK doctors detail the after effects they have have. Scarey stuff for those people, and for the whole world if a significant number of people are left with severe health problems.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

He claims that they have already rounded the corner. Anyway, COVID isn't a problem.😁

BTW, there is an article on ABC on line about the long term physical problems that a percentage of people are left with after they have supposedly recovered from COVID. In the article, a few UK doctors detail the after effects they have have. Scarey stuff for those people, and for the whole world if a significant number of people are left with severe health problems.

Remember he said it would be over by Easter..... he just didn't specify which year.

4 minutes ago, nnps said:

Remember he said it would be over by Easter..... he just didn't specify which year.

He is now saying that they have already turned the corner and that there is a vaccine and it will be available "within weeks". He doesn't say how many weeks. 🙂

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I can believe that. I had a very bad reaction to the bushfire smoke last summer, to the point where I felt very ill for a few days and was on medication for a few months. I'm still not 100%. Essentially it was just a bronchial inflammation, probably similar to that which Covid-19 triggers. Except that Covid-19 affects more than the lungs. We're being super-careful at the moment but do worry at times, like today, when 90% or more people at the supermarket weren't wearing masks.

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

I can believe that. I had a very bad reaction to the bushfire smoke last summer, to the point where I felt very ill for a few days and was on medication for a few months. I'm still not 100%. Essentially it was just a bronchial inflammation, probably similar to that which Covid-19 triggers. Except that Covid-19 affects more than the lungs. We're being super-careful at the moment but do worry at times, like today, when 90% or more people at the supermarket weren't wearing masks.

I am sorry to hear you had a bad reaction to the bushfire smoke. There was a segment on '60 Minutes' about it. It was (and still is) very serious. If you can access the item I mentioned about the long-term effects of COVID, I am sure you will find it very worrying. This is the link I used.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-10-23/doctors-with-long-covid-warn-long-term-effects-can-be-serious/12785934?utm_source=abc_news_web&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_content=mail&utm_campaign=abc_news_web

Thanks, Aus Traveller. I read that article earlier. Scary stuff! Thats's why we're being ultra-careful.

I've always been prone to bronchial conditions. I used to always catch something on cruises until our GP managed to give me a free pneumonia vaccine even though I'm not quite old enough to qualify for it free. That worked wonders, probably aided by increased awareness of how to avoid the appalling lack of hygiene by some passengers. But the bushfire effect took me by surprise. Hopefully it will improve over time. What I really need is some fresh sea air, preferably in the South Pacific where there is very little pollution ie I need a cruise!😁

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks, Aus Traveller. I read that article earlier. Scary stuff! Thats's why we're being ultra-careful.

I've always been prone to bronchial conditions. I used to always catch something on cruises until our GP managed to give me a free pneumonia vaccine even though I'm not quite old enough to qualify for it free. That worked wonders, probably aided by increased awareness of how to avoid the appalling lack of hygiene by some passengers. But the bushfire effect took me by surprise. Hopefully it will improve over time. What I really need is some fresh sea air, preferably in the South Pacific where there is very little pollution ie I need a cruise!😁

Did you see the '60 Minutes' show on the health risks from bushfire smoke? It was maybe a month ago and (if you didn't see it) it would probably be available on line.

13 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Did you see the '60 Minutes' show on the health risks from bushfire smoke? It was maybe a month ago and (if you didn't see it) it would probably be available on line.

No, I didn't. I'll look for it online. Thanks.