Double your deposit on cancelled cruise??

alanasgpa

I just got my sailing cancelled (Star Princess) and it was 25% FCC only. Not worth having my money tied up for only 25% so I will be going for the refund this time round. Having said that, the minimum FCC is $100 so if you have only paid a $100 deposit then you WOULD be getting double....

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I just got my sailing cancelled (Star Princess) and it was 25% FCC only. Not worth having my money tied up for only 25% so I will be going for the refund this time round. Having said that, the minimum FCC is $100 so if you have only paid a $100 deposit then you WOULD be getting double....

But, if you used a FCD for the deposit, you lose the add value of the FCD and the ability you to use it on a future cruise..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

But, if you used a FCD for the deposit, you lose the add value of the FCD and the ability you to use it on a future cruise..

Good point - though it depends on how the FCD is "processed". On one of my cancellations, it went back to my account as FCD but on another it went as FCC.

How do they deal with an FCD that would be expired once the cruise is cancelled? For this most recent cancellation, I did use two FCDs (both book by Jan 2020 so now "expired") and also paid a significant amount off in both cash and FCC from other cancellations. I'm taking the refund for the cash, assume the FCC goes back to FCC, but what about the "expired" FCDs?

Contact your PVP they can extend the dates of your FCD.  We were booked on the Star for a cruise 2/14, completely paid for with FCC and taxes paid for by CC.  The FCC will go back to my account, taxes will be refunded.   
With 7 cruises booked on 2021, I am sure I will be able to use the $20k plus in previously cancelled cruises we have in FCC.

Edited by kiwimum

2 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Princess has stated that when you apply that FCC as the deposit to a future cruise, they will also give you the appropriate OBC. Your TA (or your Princess rep if you booked directly) has to ask to have this happen and it may take some effort to find a Princess person familiar with this promise.

4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Good point - though it depends on how the FCD is "processed". On one of my cancellations, it went back to my account as FCD but on another it went as FCC.

my March 7/20 cruise was cancelled I used a FCD for it. Told several times it was part of my FCC & could not be used as a Deposit anymore. Expiry was March 2021.  I emailed, phoned, emailed and just last week had it returned as a FCD. I asked for my $540 deposit on my Dec 2021 to be returned and used the FCD in its place. Last 2 cancellations I received my money back to my credit card in less then a week. 

• Like 1

I paid all but the port taxes for our  2 Princess cruises that just got cancelled.  We took the 125% option for one, and a 100% refund for the second, since we had cruises booked on RCCL that we wanted to pay in full with the Princess refund goes back to our credit card. 

The 125% FCC is allowing us to sail for 12 days longer than the original cruise.  

All the cruises have 3 - 10 months before final payment.  If the FCC hasn't arrived within 3 months, I will ask Princess to extend the final payment date. 

• Like 1

Our September 2020 cruise to Hawaii was cancelled in May. We had used a FCD bought in Feb. 2019 on a cruise to book the trip. I had an email after the cancellation stating I would receive double. The refund date was extended from two years to three years. When we booked our next cruise a couple weeks ago we found our $200 FCD (my husbands and mine) was now worth $400 towards our newly booked cruise. We also received on board credit of $25 each. I am very happy with this. Hopefully we will be sailing in Nov. 2021. 

• Like 2

Just booked me and the wife on Enchanted Princess for the third time after the previous two were cancelled.

My original FCD (£75 x 2) was used on the first booking. This was doubled as FCC and used for the second booking and I still got the FCD OBC ($100 x 2) from the first cancellation.

When that got cancelled the FCC and flight costs I didn't ask to be refunded was doubled and accepted as deposit for today's booking. I also have ($200 x 2) OBC too.

The cruise cost was £1,340 cheaper (before applying the FCC) for the same 14 nights in 2021, albeit in July instead of August, and with some less attractive Mediterranean ports.   

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Just booked me and the wife on Enchanted Princess for the third time after the previous two were cancelled.

My original FCD (£75 x 2) was used on the first booking. This was doubled as FCC and used for the second booking and I still got the FCD OBC ($100 x 2) from the first cancellation.

When that got cancelled the FCC and flight costs I didn't ask to be refunded was doubled and accepted as deposit for today's booking. I also have ($200 x 2) OBC too.

The cruise cost was £1,340 cheaper (before applying the FCC) for the same 14 nights in 2021, albeit in July instead of August, and with some less attractive Mediterranean ports.   

Just logged into my Princess account and I have been credited with a further $100 x 2 as Customer goodwill. Wow!

I will also be claiming my Shareholders $100 OBC after final payment. So that's $700 in total. 

Never had so much OBC before!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Esprit said:

Just logged into my Princess account and I have been credited with a further $100 x 2 as Customer goodwill. Wow!

I will also be claiming my Shareholders $100 OBC after final payment. So that's $700 in total. 

Never had so much OBC before!

The Goodwill is how Princess listed the  “double credit bonus” for us.  The first credit was for the deposit and the second credit was listed as a Goodwill credit.

A lot of people have stating that their FCC credits were automatically applied to a future cruise. In my case they show as a credit on my account.  I have not yet applied them to my next cruise.  I consider myself lucky.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1