World Series on cruises

lenquixote66

Watched the Giants win the series while on a cruise to Mexico.  Princess showed it in a lounge, forget which one, and supplied bags of popcorn and were happy to sell beer and drinks.  We have also seen the finals of the World Cup while on a European cruise.  It was a lot of fun with all the Europeans actively involved.

Edited by wheezedr
Spelling

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am wondering if there has ever been a showing of a World Series game on a cruise ship.I know they air Superbowls.

Last nights WS game is one of the best I ever saw .

Um, Lenny, you predicted that the baseball season would not be completed. And here we are getting ready to watch game 5 of the World Series. And I will be hard to top that game.

We've been on a couple cruises in the past that went all out for Super Bowl games, showing them on the screen in the theater and on the pool big screen, as well as on the tv system.  As the World Series goes for more than one night, I'd guess they might have it on somewhere public, but probably not in one of the big venues.    Last Oct. on Zuiderdam, I watched the bronze medal round and the final of the Rugby World Cup on the tv system in our stateroom.  The games were on at 0400ish.  Mrs. Port MSP did not share my enthusiasm for the matches.  The two fellas that ran jewelry stores onboard were from South Africa and were over the moon when the Springboks won the Web Ellis cup.  

I didn't watch the game last night.  It sounds like I should have.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Um, Lenny, you predicted that the baseball season would not be completed. And here we are getting ready to watch game 5 of the World Series. And I will be hard to top that game.

Woodstock,the owner of the Rays and his parents lived around the corner from me in Brooklyn so I should be rooting for his team,however,I have been a Dodger fan since I was a child .Oh,praytell,what to do ?

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Woodstock,the owner of the Rays and his parents lived around the corner from me in Brooklyn so I should be rooting for his team,however,I have been a Dodger fan since I was a child .Oh,praytell,what to do ?

Here you go Lenny. Root for Tampa Bay in game 6, so that you have a decisive game 7. After that, you are on your own.

9 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Here you go Lenny. Root for Tampa Bay in game 6, so that you have a decisive game 7. After that, you are on your own.

My wife has been rooting for  Tampa Bay since the playoffs began because of our connection to the owner.Truthfully I have been bleeding Dodger blue for a very long time ,therefore I cannot change now.

There won't be a cruise you need to worry about for the next couple games, bowl games, superbowl, but maybe worth asking on 2022, but again by then technology will have advanced so I'd say very likely 😉

34 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

There won't be a cruise you need to worry about for the next couple games, bowl games, superbowl, but maybe worth asking on 2022, but again by then technology will have advanced so I'd say very likely 😉

My initial post was not for a specific year .I do agree with you.

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife has been rooting for  Tampa Bay since the playoffs began because of our connection to the owner.Truthfully I have been bleeding Dodger blue for a very long time ,therefore I cannot change now.

Still root for Tampa Bay tonight so there is a game 7. This series deserves a game 7.

I am not a "huge" sports guy. However, watching it on a cruise is one of the best venues. I've watched World Series, NBA Championship, and Superbowl on a cruise. All very fun (minus not getting the commercials for the Super Bowl). Once they even put a regular Saints game on during a cruise from New Orleans. That was fun too. 

Just like with any bar, the venue pays money to get these. However, the drink sales usually make it worthwhile for them.

On 10/29/2020 at 11:44 AM, fyree39 said:

That naughty, naughty Justin Turner. Maybe a suspension for next season? We shall see.

Wait till you see how many teams will want him to join their team over the next few weeks,perhaps 28 ?

The METS will love to bring him back.

My kids and I were at game 5.  We were at a sports bar for most of game 4 but back in our hotel for the last couple of innings and when that 9th happened it was all we could do to keep from waking the neighbors.  We despise the Dodgers.  I can tell you the whole stadium was Dodger fans.  Of the 11K fans allowed inside I bet 10K of them were wearing Dodger blue.  But FTD.

20 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

Is he a free agent? He still might be sanctioned by MLB. We'll see.

Yes to both questions. He is a free agent. And MLB would be rather hypocritical not to have a suspension (which of course will be appealed).

5 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Yes to both questions. He is a free agent. And MLB would be rather hypocritical not to have a suspension (which of course will be appealed).

He will likely be admonished and perhaps have a fine of $25,000 levied against him,a mere pittance for any MLB player.

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Turner apologized and all was forgiven.

MLB may have forgiven Turner, but the virus did not. There are consequences for violating isolation or quarantine.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/los-angeles-dodgers-organization-has-five-positive-coronavirus-tests-10-days-after-winning-world-series/ar-BB1aMdKg?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=edgsp

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Crankees would sign Turner immediately if not sooner .

No, they would not. They have a fairly young third baseman who has played very well both in the field and at bat the last two years. They do not need a 38 year old third baseman.

But, I don't know about the other NY team, the Mutts.