Is this a good itinerary for the Fjords?

Presto2

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

There are some good articles on this blog. I've just read the one about the meaning of pineapples on a cruise, I must remember not to pack anything with a pineapple logo on 🤣

This made me howl laughing as I had to look it up ! Better stop drinking those Pina Coladas now then !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well Presto, I won’t be joining you on Iona I’m afraid as I’ve decided today to move my 14 day Med on Ventura in September 2021 to 14 day Med on Britannia in June 2022. I was looking at Norway but the balcony prices have really shot up! With my FCC and 10% early booking discount it was about £100 each less than the Ventura one. No OBC but got some with my Blue Light card! 

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Well Presto, I won’t be joining you on Iona I’m afraid as I’ve decided today to move my 14 day Med on Ventura in September 2021 to 14 day Med on Britannia in June 2022. I was looking at Norway but the balcony prices have really shot up! With my FCC and 10% early booking discount it was about £100 each less than the Ventura one. No OBC but got some with my Blue Light card! 

Oh that's a shame 😞 Nevermind - you will love Britannia 🙂 One of our favourite ships and our last cruise on her was amazing. 

9 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Oh that's a shame 😞 Nevermind - you will love Britannia 🙂 One of our favourite ships and our last cruise on her was amazing. 

Yes I am looking forward to going on her. We went on her in 2017 but it was only for 6 nights and I’ve always wanted to go back. Lots of the new Med cruises are just Spain really but we’re going on the one that includes the port for Florence. All new ports except La Coruna and we have the same balcony we had in 2017! 

21 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes I am looking forward to going on her. We went on her in 2017 but it was only for 6 nights and I’ve always wanted to go back. Lots of the new Med cruises are just Spain really but we’re going on the one that includes the port for Florence. All new ports except La Coruna and we have the same balcony we had in 2017! 

Love the ship - we did the Canary Islands when she was new and then a 7 night cruise that we just loved every single minute of. Love our aft cabin F729. Is it perfect, no, but at the moment the things we moaned about seem trivial! Have a wonderful time -- we will meet up one day 😉

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I thought I knew most things but pineapple  ?  New to me 🙂

Thhis made me laugh - had to read it about 5 times and thought you had been on the vino.

Remember now what you are talking about 😉

Same here ---- no pineapple themed dresses or shirts on our cruise ...... and we will hide the Pina Coladas 

😉

17 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Thhis made me laugh - had to read it about 5 times and thought you had been on the vino.

Remember now what you are talking about 😉

Same here ---- no pineapple themed dresses or shirts on our cruise ...... and we will hide the Pina Coladas 

😉

Alternatively, if everybody wore pineapple it could cause total confusion and some amusing conversations (and some that may not be so amusing). 🥴 I draw the line at pina coladas though.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

On the subject of pineapples, didn't pampas grass in the front garden signify something similar in the 70s? We had it in our front garden back then and had no idea of its significance until years later.

What was the response like? Busy every night or just at weekends.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

What was the response like? Busy every night or just at weekends.

That is between me and my ex-neighbours.😂

ETA: We must all have been ignorant as just about everyone had pampas grass then, along with Afghan hounds, orange kitchens, chicken bricks, and Habitat furniture. I'm sure I've forgotten lots more things that were essential in those dim and distant days.

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AnnieC said:

On the subject of pineapples, didn't pampas grass in the front garden signify something similar in the 70s? We had it in our front garden back then and had no idea of its significance until years later.

We had pampas grass too. I loved their feathery plumes. I've never heard about it's significance, so do tell. Don't worry, I'm a bit long in the tooth now to be offended.

Avril

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We had pampas grass too. I loved their feathery plumes. I've never heard about it's significance, so do tell. Don't worry, I'm a bit long in the tooth now to be offended.

Avril

Here you are, Avril, and now you know why every weirdo in the area was beating a path to your door: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/may/31/pampas-grass-secret-symbol-swingers-turn-off-sales-plummeting

1 minute ago, AnnieC said:

Poor Presto, she asked about an itinerary for the Fjords and got pineapples, pampas grass, and swingers. Only on here...🙃

I am beginning to wonder if I was ever alive, all this symbolic plant life seems to have passed me by.:classic_blink:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Here you are, Avril, and now you know why every weirdo in the area was beating a path to your door: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/may/31/pampas-grass-secret-symbol-swingers-turn-off-sales-plummeting

Hrmph. Do you think it's too late to ask for a refund, because I think mine must have been broken😁

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Flipping heck, my long widowed great aunt had some wonderfully healthy pampas in her front garden in the 70s. My grandmother was most envious of her success with the plant as she couldn’t get it to root in her own garden.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, purplesea said:

Our next door neighbour has pampas grass and so have the vicarage across the way!!!

What on earth does it mean?

Have to smile Presto is finding this off topic stuff hysterical and a much needed tonic.

Am off to google pampas grass now