Who has registered for 2022

lindylooellalouise

I don't do preregistering with P&O because you can only choose a grade and not a cabin.  Our TA is moving our deposit for 2021 to October 2022 and using our FCC to book.  Hopefully that should be long enough.  He will get our cabins.  Leaving it all to him.

We have asked our TA to book Britannia for the Med in June 22, nothing to pay FCCs  will cover the deposit and reduce the balance.

And if the covid crisis is still having an impact by then, then we will probably have far more to worry about than any on board restrictions and having to pay for excursions in order to go ashore. That's if the country and pension funds still have enough money to keep paying us.

• Like 7

I’’m still unsure about pre-registration so explored a cruise this morning. I understand that you can’t choose your cabin, but I can’t see any way of choosing a grade either. I selected balcony and entered passenger details but all it did was give me a price. We always go for the cheapest balcony but have I missed something? 

12 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I’’m still unsure about pre-registration so explored a cruise this morning. I understand that you can’t choose your cabin, but I can’t see any way of choosing a grade either. I selected balcony and entered passenger details but all it did was give me a price. We always go for the cheapest balcony but have I missed something? 

You can't actually book the cruise until Wednesday 11th November....at this moment you can only pre register your booking. If you are booking direct with P&O you can only pre register  grade not cabin number . If you book with a TA you give them your grade and a few cabin numbers so that on Wednesday they will then book it for you

Just now, janny444 said:

You can't actually book the cruise until Wednesday 11th November....at this moment you can only pre register your booking. If you are booking direct with P&O you can only pre register  grade not cabin number . If you book with a TA you give them your grade and a few cabin numbers so that on Wednesday they will then book it for you

Thanks. But I couldn’t even see a grade. I hadn’t realised that pre-registration also takes payment details. So do they then get in touch or do you then have to make contact when they actually go on sale? How busy is it normally first day of booking? 

My TA seems to believe that fluid pricing has started from 10:30am today for the new sailings. We’re both trying to confirm this but just a heads up if it has. 

CORRECTION: Fluid pricing starts from 10:30am on the day that they actually go on sale! 

Edited by joeecco
New Info.

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Thanks. But I couldn’t even see a grade. I hadn’t realised that pre-registration also takes payment details. So do they then get in touch or do you then have to make contact when they actually go on sale? How busy is it normally first day of booking? 

Grades dont seem to be mentioned on the website  but you can choose your location, so if you check the deck plans you can see which cabin grade it will be on each deck.

Edited by terrierjohn

2 hours ago, Ardennais said:

If you book through a TA then you can choose your grade and cabin numbers and my TA told me that the price quoted today will not change until later on Wednesday morning and then fluid pricing kicks in so there are advantages with booking through a TA plus an additional 4% discount on top of the 10% discount offered by P&O

• Like 1

It is difficult to get motivated, normally I would have been looking to see if there was anything new but we haven't even looked this year. It seems to be one step forward and then 2 back. We will sit on our FCC and see what happens over the winter. We have a Caribbean 35 nighter booked for Jan 2022.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

It is difficult to get motivated, normally I would have been looking to see if there was anything new but we haven't even looked this year. It seems to be one step forward and then 2 back. We will sit on our FCC and see what happens over the winter. We have a Caribbean 35 nighter booked for Jan 2022.

Worry is with so many having FFCs from 2021 and if the start of cruising is successful then I can see prices of cruises going up considerably like they already have done for those in 2021 that are still hoping to sail compared to prices when they were first released in 2019. Initial prices for 2022 seem very reasonable with P&O and I can only see them only going one way. 

I will be pre registering and booking with the hope that in 2 years time we will be back to some sort of normality....if not, at least we will have had something positive to look forward to and with it being 5% deposit are prepared to take the hit and lose it for the pleasure of that.

• Like 2

If it had just been for me and my wife I'd have held fire for 2022 and just looked to grab a late booking if things are back to normal. However, as we have a son we've booked N222 Canary Islands during the August school holidays as we know that in normal times we'd have little chance of making a late booking and even if there was availability the price would be through the roof. I'd rather have a cruise booked and something to look forward to than miss out and wished we'd done something about it sooner.

We've booked a suite at just under £800 cheaper than what we have for Britannia in August 2021. The cheaper fare probably reflects the older ship (Ventura) but we were still pleasantly surprised at the price difference.

Ventura is our least favourite P&O ship but the itinerary suits us fine and calls at Cadiz and Lisbon on the return journey really appeal to us rather than just the usual 3 sea day slog back from the Canaries to Southampton.

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, DamianG said:

If it had just been for me and my wife I'd have held fire for 2022 and just looked to grab a late booking if things are back to normal. However, as we have a son we've booked N222 Canary Islands during the August school holidays as we know that in normal times we'd have little chance of making a late booking and even if there was availability the price would be through the roof. I'd rather have a cruise booked and something to look forward to than miss out and wished we'd done something about it sooner.

We've booked a suite at just under £800 cheaper than what we have for Britannia in August 2021. The cheaper fare probably reflects the older ship (Ventura) but we were still pleasantly surprised at the price difference.

Ventura is our least favourite P&O ship but the itinerary suits us fine and calls at Cadiz and Lisbon on the return journey really appeal to us rather than just the usual 3 sea day slog back from the Canaries to Southampton.

We booked a similar cruise n225 a few weeks later, but for the same reason as we quite enjoy Cadiz and Lisbon.
In our case we were after a particular cabin, otherwise we’d probably have risked a late booking. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 5:26 PM, janny444 said:

I will be pre registering and booking with the hope that in 2 years time we will be back to some sort of normality....if not, at least we will have had something positive to look forward to and with it being 5% deposit are prepared to take the hit and lose it for the pleasure of that.

I have a feeling that those who have seen the news on vaccines this morning will be in the vanguard for cabins -especially if fluid pricing kicks in.......

7 minutes ago, Oulton Jim said:

I have a feeling that those who have seen the news on vaccines this morning will be in the vanguard for cabins -especially if fluid pricing kicks in.......

Certainly encouraging news and think you may be right. Once fluid pricing kicks in and more people start to book the price will certainly be on the up.

We registered last week for a May and July '22 cruise direct with P&O. Had to go for a midship balcony on both as you can only specify grade with P&O. Normally we go for 'mid aft' but could have been risky as we could have been allocated 'mid fwd'.

Not much difference on price though.

Got our invoices through this morning with cabin numbers - happy with both.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Oulton Jim said:

The news on the vaccine certainly lifted everyone’s mood yesterday, including the financial markets, but I think we are still going to sit tight. I’ve priced up Iona for Summer 2022 (more out of interest than anything) but we are not feeling a pressing need to book, even though we have always booked at launch pre pandemic. 

Amongst the euphoria of yesterday’s news there were a lot of words of caution. The news is the first sign of light at the end of a long tunnel. The problem is still some way from being solved. My wife and I are in the 55-60 age bracket. That means that there are 8 very large groups of people who will be ahead of us in the priority list for the vaccine. Even with a pre Christmas start and a (probably extremely optimistic) roll out window of say one month per ‘group’, it could be late summer next year before we get the vaccine - and at that stage nobody under 55 (health workers aside) will have been vaccinated. And that assumes no hiccoughs on the way. 

All of that still means that as far as cruising is concerned, much of 2021 could still be written off or, at best, cruising with restrictions that, although essential, remain unpalatable to many of us. Industry experts say that the cruise industry could take 5-10 years to recover to 2019 levels. Personally, I think it’s likely to be the lower end of that time frame (5 years) as we are all so desperate to return to some form of normality and although cruising was widely touted as the worst possible type of holiday (from a virus perspective) at the start of the pandemic, memories of that will fade in a few years. 

With all of that taken into account, we aren’t inclined to rush to book a 2022 cruise at this stage. If things progress as we all hope, then we might think again next summer. As I always do, I have kept a note of launch prices. If prices are slightly higher next year, we might consider that to be a small price to pay for not having to commit now with all the uncertainty that remains. If prices have increased sharply we can live without cruising, but if the industry is going to take some years to recover then, who knows, we might be pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 5

On 11/5/2020 at 12:38 PM, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi all couldn’t resist registering for cruise J219 on board Arcadia for 19 days using my FCC from my cancelled Iona cruise in January 2021. Haven’t been on Arcadia before but really looking forward to it, will also be registering for other cruises in 2022 with Cunard fingers crossed all should be well and COVID free by then.👍

Personally we don't have any interest in Pre-booking for 2022.

My TA offered me a £50 incentive to pre-register but like 2021 until I see cruising actually happening we are happy to wait and see.

After my heart attack in December 2019 we paid £650 for a years worldwide travel insurance in March 2020 ready for Azura TA and because we had other things booked included Iona for February 20th 2021 we didn't cancel so this was a waste of money.

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

The news on the vaccine certainly lifted everyone’s mood yesterday, including the financial markets, but I think we are still going to sit tight. I’ve priced up Iona for Summer 2022 (more out of interest than anything) but we are not feeling a pressing need to book, even though we have always booked at launch pre pandemic. 

Amongst the euphoria of yesterday’s news there were a lot of words of caution. The news is the first sign of light at the end of a long tunnel. The problem is still some way from being solved. My wife and I are in the 55-60 age bracket. That means that there are 8 very large groups of people who will be ahead of us in the priority list for the vaccine. Even with a pre Christmas start and a (probably extremely optimistic) roll out window of say one month per ‘group’, it could be late summer next year before we get the vaccine - and at that stage nobody under 55 (health workers aside) will have been vaccinated. And that assumes no hiccoughs on the way. 

All of that still means that as far as cruising is concerned, much of 2021 could still be written off or, at best, cruising with restrictions that, although essential, remain unpalatable to many of us. Industry experts say that the cruise industry could take 5-10 years to recover to 2019 levels. Personally, I think it’s likely to be the lower end of that time frame (5 years) as we are all so desperate to return to some form of normality and although cruising was widely touted as the worst possible type of holiday (from a virus perspective) at the start of the pandemic, memories of that will fade in a few years. 

With all of that taken into account, we aren’t inclined to rush to book a 2022 cruise at this stage. If things progress as we all hope, then we might think again next summer. As I always do, I have kept a note of launch prices. If prices are slightly higher next year, we might consider that to be a small price to pay for not having to commit now with all the uncertainty that remains. If prices have increased sharply we can live without cruising, but if the industry is going to take some years to recover then, who knows, we might be pleasantly surprised. 

Some interesting points Selborne. 

The cruise we booked yesterday was for the end of October 2022 so nearly 2 years in advance of sailing. We were pleased with the price so booked it. I think if two years down the line we are still in the realm of cancelled cruises, the world will be in a very sorry state.

As I am sure you know, there are other potential vaccines in final phase 3 trials. It is possible that one or more is better suited to people in your age group. If so, maybe they will be used alongside other vaccines for other age groups i.e. concurrently rather than consecutively. This would speed up the process provided more are trained to administer it. Putting all our eggs in the Pfizer basket is unlikely to be a better option than using several different ones provided they work and are safe.

47 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Some interesting points Selborne. 

The cruise we booked yesterday was for the end of October 2022 so nearly 2 years in advance of sailing. We were pleased with the price so booked it. I think if two years down the line we are still in the realm of cancelled cruises, the world will be in a very sorry state.

As I am sure you know, there are other potential vaccines in final phase 3 trials. It is possible that one or more is better suited to people in your age group. If so, maybe they will be used alongside other vaccines for other age groups i.e. concurrently rather than consecutively. This would speed up the process provided more are trained to administer it. Putting all our eggs in the Pfizer basket is unlikely to be a better option than using several different ones provided they work and are safe.

I agree Pete. Pfizer won’t be the only show in town. Oxford aren’t far behind and their vaccine is based on the same methodology. The issue, as you say, will be the capacity to cope with a vaccination programme of the scale required. Our beloved NHS has virtually put everything else on hold in order to deal with the ICU capacity issues caused by the virus. Thankfully they didn’t get overwhelmed, but the cost of that has been enormous. Waiting lists are now huge - if you can even get as far as getting on one. How they will cope with having to vaccinate tens of millions of us only time will tell. We know from testing (a similar process but on a minute scale in comparison) that the only organisation that seems capable of doing it properly is the army!

• Like 1