1st Caribbean Cruise since March just sailed

13 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Yes, sadly here in Astoria, we had many establishments closed down for failing to enforce the rules.

We had a few places on Long Island as well. During the liquidation I was running they kept stressing capacity control. They feared we would be shut down and that's not what you want during going out of business sale. We needed to be out of the building buy the end of the month and shutting down could have extended the rent that we weren't paying another month.  

I am not against wearing a mask.  We wear them when out of home or car 100% of the time. 

But the issue about wearing masks also needs to include wearing them correctly. I have seen many people with masks too low, too high, to loose, sagging, and plastic shields worn at such an angle they do nothing. 

Thanks for for being considerate and wearing a mask, but you also have to wear it correctly.

Then there are the people who....like my SIL, who take the mask off in their office.  No masks in her office may be just like no masks on that cruise ship.  My SIL’s boss got COVID, tested positive,  a few days later SIL started signs, tested positive.  In the days in between the two positive tests, my wife is at her place.  My wife shows signs a few days later, me a day after that, and we each test positive.  

So I guess I am saying selective mask wearing, and improper mask wearing can be just as contagious as the non mask wearers.

Eddie

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

I am not against wearing a mask.  We wear them when out of home or car 100% of the time. 

But the issue about wearing masks also needs to include wearing them correctly. I have seen many people with masks too low, too high, to loose, sagging, and plastic shields worn at such an angle they do nothing. 

Thanks for for being considerate and wearing a mask, but you also have to wear it correctly.

Then there are the people who....like my SIL, who take the mask off in their office.  No masks in her office may be just like no masks on that cruise ship.  My SIL’s boss got COVID, tested positive,  a few days later SIL started signs, tested positive.  In the days in between the two positive tests, my wife is at her place.  My wife shows signs a few days later, me a day after that, and we each test positive.  

So I guess I am saying selective mask wearing, and improper mask wearing can be just as contagious as the non mask wearers.

Eddie

Well said Eddie.  I hope you will all recover and be well.

25 minutes ago, TravelerThom said:

A parent understands that they are responsible for taking care of their children. 
Sheep dogs understand they are responsible for their flock. 
Yet there are people on this thread that can’t understand the concept of being responsible for anything but themselves. 
No wonder I like dogs better than I like a lot of people

Another dog lover here.🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

That is unfortunate that you can’t do that anymore due to the weather change. To me it is just normal stuff with common sense and practices during a pandemic. 

People up here in May were losing their minds when golf were allowed to open. They had the least amount of problems. The university kids in the near by city caused the majority of cases when they returned in September with  house parties etc. 

Common sense and carefulness, some practice it and sometimes others don’t. 

Yes, outdoor activities were a life saver this summer for us.  Unless something changes, I will be taking my grandson to the Cincinnati Zoo over the holidays - they have it decorated with beautiful holiday lights and it's something I can do with him outdoors. I imagine masks will be required and that is fine with me.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Ah, changing your story, eh?   That's good.  

Your previous comment (actually posted numerous times) was "Be responsible for yourself." 

Now, hopefully, you have seen the light and say "We are responsible for us."

Well done!

I’ve always said we wear our mask. No change here. I still say be responsible for our own actions. 

I still want to know how you suggest we become responsible for “others”? 

16 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Well said Eddie.  I hope you will all recover and be well.

Thank-you, we are both feeling better and out of quarantine.  We voluntarily quarantined before SIL got back her positive test, and then extended our quarantine till 10 days after my test, even though DW was 2 days ahead of me.  

DW was not feverish, just headache, tired etc for a week.  I had one tough day, then was mostly over it.

Ohio (and many other places) is getting slammed.  I think this week they will close the state for a couple of weeks, to be evaluated in December for possible closure till Jan 1.  

I see see meek is also from Cincy, wonder if you agree with Ohio potential closure?

Eddie

5 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Thank-you, we are both feeling better and out of quarantine.  We voluntarily quarantined before SIL got back her positive test, and then extended our quarantine till 10 days after my test, even though DW was 2 days ahead of me.  

DW was not feverish, just headache, tired etc for a week.  I had one tough day, then was mostly over it.

Ohio (and many other places) is getting slammed.  I think this week they will close the state for a couple of weeks, to be evaluated in December for possible closure till Jan 1.  

I see see meek is also from Cincy, wonder if you agree with Ohio potential closure?

Eddie

It certainly looks like there is a strong possibility that things will close, but I hope not. DeWine said if things don't improve by this coming Thursday he would close some businesses, but that really isn't going to help because most of the people I know, including the majority of my family members will continue to get together with each other and others - especially for the holidays.

Unfortunately, we will be passing on family events this year.'[;

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mek said:

It certainly looks like there is a strong possibility that things will close, but I hope not. DeWine said if things don't improve by this coming Thursday he would close some businesses, but that really isn't going to help because most of the people I know, including the majority of my family members will continue to get together with each other and others - especially for the holidays.

Unfortunately, we will be passing on family events this year.'[;

I really think they want to shut down the bars for Thanksgiving week and weekend. But I don’t think they will come out and say it. 

Eddie

21 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

I really think they want to shut down the bars for Thanksgiving week and weekend. But I don’t think they will come out and say it. 

Eddie

I never realized that bars are a big deal that week/weekend.  I imagined most people spend time together and then some will shop, not hang out in bars.

I think family holiday get togethers will be a huge problem this year.  If people stayed at home and didn't hang out with each other I think that would make a huge impact, but that isn't going to happen, so they can close everything down and IMO, the numbers will still increase.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mek said:

I never realized that bars are a big deal that week/weekend.  I imagined most people spend time together and then some will shop, not hang out in bars.

I think family holiday get togethers will be a huge problem this year.  If people stayed at home and didn't hang out with each other I think that would make a huge impact, but that isn't going to happen, so they can close everything down and IMO, the numbers will still increase.

It's been a tradition for as long as I can remember that younger 20/30 somethings go out to bars the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. That 4 day weekend is very popular for socializing especially for those who are home from school.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

It's been a tradition for as long as I can remember that younger 20/30 somethings go out to bars the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. That 4 day weekend is very popular for socializing especially for those who are home from school.

I never realized that.  I can't say it was anything big when I was in college, but most of my friends went to colleges close to home and we all saw each other frequently through out the year.  The holidays were for family.

11 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

When the kids would come back home from college for the holiday weekend in CT they would barely be home before they met up with all of their friends for an evening (or 2 or 3) of socializing.....My Norman Rockwell holiday dreams were never realized...Sigh......

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Coming directly off a Covid positive ship and jumping on this!

image.png.4d3f059c9af1214f43cd04191fede399.png

I watched Ben and David’s live YouTube on this when they got back to the U.K. They said it was a hot mess and they didn’t feel very comfortable boarding a full plane or taking a plane at all for that matter without quarantining first.

They said they had no choice in the matter as it was the Barbadian government that required all the passengers who tested negative to immediately leave the island.  

They are self quarantining at home for now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hernando52 said:

When the kids would come back home from college for the holiday weekend in CT they would barely be home before they met up with all of their friends for an evening (or 2 or 3) of socializing.....My Norman Rockwell holiday dreams were never realized...Sigh......

That was me was me 40 yrs ago. But I didn’t go away to school 

On 11/15/2020 at 8:33 PM, Eddie Wilson said:

Eddie

I hope you and your family are okay.  Yes, far too many people got comfortable with no masks around co-workers and friends and outside family.   I have been going to work every work day this year and happy to say no problems in our office.   The bulk of people have been working from home.   I do go to office every day.  Once we were told in march or april? We should start wear masks we wear them inside the building except when in my individual office with door shut.   When I go for coffee or lunch in kitchen I get it and take back to my office and eat there.  During summer we ate outside at picnic tables behind building.    Our system has worked well and since there is less than 10 of us in a branch office that usually has 40 to 50 people, we feel safe.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh that is horrible to see, so irresponsible.   I wonder if we hear about more positive cases from that sailing and their crew.

After they posted that on their Twitter feed, two crew members tested positive.  The count is now up to 8 people. 

27 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

After they posted that on their Twitter feed, two crew members tested positive.  The count is now up to 8 people. 

Does that make it 9 people?  Group of 5, another husband wife couple and now 2 crew.  Not good.  I just hope noone is in critical condition