90% effective vaccine EVEN without booster shot...

18 minutes ago, BND said:

We know at least 10 people who have tested positive and had symptoms and every single one has recovered just fine. They were all well over 40, most over 60.   For some reason some do not focus on the 99+% recovery but the "numbers" of deaths, which most have been in 80+ year olds with other illnesses.  Ever notice it's stated as "Covid related" and not "Covid caused"?   Related isn't caused.  This fear mongering by SOME about the vaccine isn't going to help anyone.  In the past people ran to get polio vaccines to save their children, not knowing anything about any side effects.  They just wanted to protect their children.

And the fear mongering about the virus is helping who?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Well that's proof enough.  Sigh!

Proof of what?  I just stated that I know people who have recovered.  I made no claim otherwise, now did I?  The fact is the recovery rate is 99%+.  That's all.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And the fear mongering about the virus is helping who?

Never said it was helping anyone, but why does it help to be so negative all the time?   But, the fear mongering about the vaccine will stop people from getting it, probably enough to prevent herd immunity.  You, as a Dr should know that those that are "afraid" of everything only make it harder to do your job, right?

One day last week I was riding my bike down a beach road. This lady was walking down the side. As I was about to go by her she turned her back to me and covered her face as if I was going to infect her in the split second that I went by her.

When I stopped at the beach another person was walking along the shore all alone and wearing a mask. What better time to actually get some fresh air into your lungs.

People are watching way too much TV news.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Perhaps RCI could create a new lounge for those of us in the club? Then you won't care so much about the Pins in the suite lounge.😇... and I might never enter the Diamond lounge again.☺

You know their are different levels in that club just like we have Pins. Each Club visit adds to the total and the sentence becomes longer each time. 😇

I have many friends who are Pins. I’ve not suggested they take anything away from them, but instead provide them their own exclusive area.  Some call that P bashing, but it’s really not. 

M8

11 minutes ago, BND said:

Proof of what?  I just stated that I know people who have recovered.  I made no claim otherwise, now did I?  The fact is the recovery rate is 99%+.  That's all.

That's nonsense.

In the U.S. there have been 13,610,357 confirmed cases and 272,254 deaths.  Please explain how that computes into a 99.73% recovery rate, as you claim.

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You know their are different levels in that club just like we have Pins. Each Club visit adds to the total and the sentence becomes longer each time. 😇

I have many friends who are Pins. I’ve not suggested they take anything away from them, but instead provide them their own exclusive area.  Some call that P bashing, but it’s really not. 

M8

I think I might have a record in the club, our own suite, awesome. 

No pinn friends :( well I know john from cc, so a almost? Everything today is virtual anyway.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yogimax said:

That's nonsense.

In the U.S. there have been 13,610,357 confirmed cases and 272,254 deaths.  Please explain how that computes into a 99.73% recovery rate, as you claim.

I didn't say 99.73%.  That was another poster.  But, I will say in our state, the recovery rate under age 80 is over 99%.  I still question the fact that deaths are reported as "Covid related" and not "Covid caused".  But, that's not the point.  Regardless, you decided that because I know people who have all recovered that I stated something that I didn't.

Edited by BND
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BND said:

I didn't say 99.73%.  That was another poster.  But, I will say in our state, the recovery rate under age 80 is over 99%.  I still question the fact that deaths are reported as "Covid related" and not "Covid caused".  But, that's not the point.  Regardless, you decided that because I know people who have all recovered that I stated something that I didn't.

15 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

This is one club that I am not really not trying to move up levels in.... it just happens

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, yogimax said:

That's nonsense.

That math gives you a 98% recovery rate (100-(272254/13610357*100)).  So, if you want to quibble over 1.73%...  I thought it was fairly common knowledge that there are many (as much as 8 to 10 times) people who have had Covid but not been tested.  If you just double the number, you're at 99%.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

That math gives you a 98% recovery rate (100-(272254/13610357*100)).  So, if you want to quibble over 1.73%...  I thought it was fairly common knowledge that there are many (as much as 8 to 10 times) people who have had Covid but not been tested.  If you just double the number, you're at 99%.  

And just what percentage recover under 70?  I think that would be good info to share. 

M8

42 minutes ago, BND said:

Never said it was helping anyone, but why does it help to be so negative all the time?   But, the fear mongering about the vaccine will stop people from getting it, probably enough to prevent herd immunity.  You, as a Dr should know that those that are "afraid" of everything only make it harder to do your job, right?

I never looked at them as making my job harder.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BND said:

You are correct.  That number was posted by Tree_Skier.

26 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Not as simple as that.  1.73% of 13,610,357 is 235,459 human beings.  Look at it that way rather than as a percentage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BND said:

But the problem is a lot of the people who recover have had extensive treatment in hospital with pain and suffering and often with 'long covid' afterwards. If we don't get this under control we are going to have to permanently increase our hospital capacity to ensure there are enough beds, especially in the flu season.  I know of cancer sufferers who have had their treatment put on hold and immune compromised who have had to self isolate for 9 months. We all want to get our lives back to what they were like before, and immunisation for all is the best way. 

Edited by sgmn

6 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I have many friends and relatives who have gone through Covid and all cases were totally different. While one case was completely without the symptoms, others have to be put in the hospital. I am glad I was not among them for these past six months. Hope everyone is doing alright 

6 hours ago, yogimax said:

That's nonsense.

The World Health Organisation has accepted through a peer reviewed paper which they have acknowledged and agreed with that the world average Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) is 0.27%

This then relates to 99.73% recovery rate. This rate also includes those who suffer long term side effects

Meaning covid-19 lethality is 2.7 times that of influenza on a global scale.

The IFR in high income countries is greater than in lower income countries.

If you don't like the science do your own paper and have it peer reviewed then submit it to the WHO.

Here's the paper you called nonsense 

https://www.who.int/bulletin/online_first/BLT.20.265892.pdf

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nomad098 said:

The World Health Organisation has accepted through a peer reviewed paper which they have acknowledged and agreed with that the world average Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) is 0.27%

This then relates to 99.73% recovery rate. This rate also includes those who suffer long term side effects

Meaning covid-19 lethality is 2.7 times that of influenza on a global scale.

The IFR in high income countries is greater than in lower income countries.

If you don't like the science do your own paper and have it peer reviewed then submit it to the WHO.

Here's the paper you called nonsense 

https://www.who.int/bulletin/online_first/BLT.20.265892.pdf

Statistics can prove many things. Here are the figures from another peer reviewed paper published in the lancet last month.

cumulative estimated infection-fatality risk of

0·116% (0·0729–0·148) for those aged 25–44 years and

0·939% (0·729–1·19) for those aged 45–64 years versus

4·87% (3·37–6·89) for those aged 65–74 years and

14·2% (10·2–18·1) for those aged 75 years and older.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Statistics can prove many things. Here are the figures from another peer reviewed paper published in the lancet last month.

cumulative estimated infection-fatality risk of

0·116% (0·0729–0·148) for those aged 25–44 years and

0·939% (0·729–1·19) for those aged 45–64 years versus

4·87% (3·37–6·89) for those aged 65–74 years and

14·2% (10·2–18·1) for those aged 75 years and older.

From the CDC

The CDC has changed the IFR values of Covid-19 into age-specific estimates, which are now very low at 0.003% for 0–19 years, 0.02% for 20–49 years, 0.5% for 50–69 years, and 5.4% for 70+ years.

Take your pick on which are correct. At the end of the day they are all only best guess scenarios based on available data that may or may not be completely accurate. 

I was just pointing out where the poster got his figures from and what the WHO have agreed.

The Lancet paper you quoted is not peer reviewed, only deals with the outbreak in New York state and is only reflective of that area. This is in no way reflective of a pandemic on a global scale. The figures also include probable cause of death which may skew the figures.

I was also under the mistaken belief that Lancet papers were peer reviewed papers but apparently this is not the case

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

One day last week I was riding my bike down a beach road. This lady was walking down the side. As I was about to go by her she turned her back to me and covered her face as if I was going to infect her in the split second that I went by her.

When I stopped at the beach another person was walking along the shore all alone and wearing a mask. What better time to actually get some fresh air into your lungs.

People are watching way too much TV news.

Yeah it's things like this that just make you shake your head.  Hard to believe people feel the need for masks in situations like this, but you see it everywhere.

43 minutes ago, nomad098 said:

From the CDC

The CDC has changed the IFR values of Covid-19 into age-specific estimates, which are now very low at 0.003% for 0–19 years, 0.02% for 20–49 years, 0.5% for 50–69 years, and 5.4% for 70+ years.

Take your pick on which are correct. At the end of the day they are all only best guess scenarios based on available data that may or may not be completely accurate. 

I was just pointing out where the poster got his figures from and what the WHO have agreed.

The Lancet paper you quoted is not peer reviewed, only deals with the outbreak in New York state and is only reflective of that area. This is in no way reflective of a pandemic on a global scale. The figures also include probable cause of death which may skew the figures.

I was also under the mistaken belief that Lancet papers were peer reviewed papers but apparently this is not the case

According to them they are peer reviewed

https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/about

9 hours ago, yogimax said:

That's nonsense.

Those are only test results.  It's widely accepted that MILLIONS if not tens of millions more have had covid, symptoms were mild to zero and they never got tested.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1