Reputation points ?

39 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

A bit like post counts, no idea why they are needed either.

Yes, get rid of the post counts, CC can give us a future credit, like the cruise lines, 🤑 Then nobody knows whether you have done 1 post or 99,999.  I must research as to who is the biggest poster across CC.

Edited by NSWP

7 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I guess some people need to collect points.

Not sure there is much point collecting them as I think it is broken anyway. I noticed on one thread I was listed as having 26 points, another said I had 38 a third one said 13. If it was counting how many likes I have the numbers should be the same. If it is slowing down the website and since it is nonsensical anyway they should have probably got rid of it with last update🙄

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I presume the CC Gurus have deactivated the points thingy. Not that I ever noticed if I had any. I only just now heard of the reputation points.

No but they don't show automatically on all devices or browsers. They show in your profile though.

22 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Not sure there is much point collecting them as I think it is broken anyway. I noticed on one thread I was listed as having 26 points, another said I had 38 a third one said 13. If it was counting how many likes I have the numbers should be the same. If it is slowing down the website and since it is nonsensical anyway they should have probably got rid of it with last update🙄

The reputation points only started showing after the last update. I think they refer to the thread not who posted it. 

48 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The reputation points only started showing after the last update. I think they refer to the thread not who posted it. 

A host on another forum said it was the likes each member has and I think it is probably linked to the members because there are threads with only one reply but something like 58 rep points. You can see the posts haven't been liked 58 times. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work either way, now that I know this is a new feature it makes sense it is buggy😂. After trying to find logic in it I've switched it off 😝. I would rather they ditched the rep points and brought back the numbers on the post of threads. It was much more convenient to direct members to post # than having to constantly quote the answers. 

9 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

A host on another forum said it was the likes each member has and I think it is probably linked to the members because there are threads with only one reply but something like 58 rep points. You can see the posts haven't been liked 58 times. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work either way, now that I know this is a new feature it makes sense it is buggy😂. After trying to find logic in it I've switched it off 😝. I would rather they ditched the rep points and brought back the numbers on the post of threads. It was much more convenient to direct members to post # than having to constantly quote the answers. 

It's even more convenient just to give the link, e.g.