Reputation points ?

CC uses a similar platform to another site I frequent. Reputation points are collected whenever someone "reacts" to your post. Presumably, a poster with a lot of Reputation points could be recognised as a contributor who contributes interesting or informative posts.

• Like 2

I am missing something.... did a search on forum help

regarding  the  ""Reputation points""   you talk of...

and nothing..........

is it meant to be like..... Likes on Social Media

I have no idea  but a saw this ""like""  on a movie

""Ralph breaks the internet ""   so it must be true...lol

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's a stupid idea. 

I think you have summed it up...

Cheers Don

• Like 1

The software this site uses has lots of facilities that the owners can use, or not.

The like option is relatively new here.  But they did not go the next step of some sort of aggregation and allocating points.  

Similarly, we see the message thing which is part of the software.  But it does not work on this site because Admin switched it off because of abuse. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Except "reacting" isn't as common here as on other forums and social media. We tend to post replies instead.

It's a stupid idea. 

I would not call it stupid, it's more like a nothing feature. It's something to use or not use similar to "Like", your choice. Some may like it (pun intended) some may not. A bit like the post count. If you bumped into me in the street and asked me how many posts I have on CC, or the other forums I frequent, I wouldn't have the foggiest. It means little to me but may not to others. Perhaps it is information for the PTB who manage this site?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I would not call it stupid, it's more like a nothing feature. It's something to use or not use similar to "Like", your choice. Some may like it (pun intended) some may not. A bit like the post count. If you bumped into me in the street and asked me how many posts I have on CC, or the other forums I frequent, I wouldn't have the foggiest. It means little to me but may not to others. Perhaps it is information for the PTB who manage this site?

It's not the Like feature that I think is stupid, that is useful sometimes. It's the Reputation Points, especially as the stand out like a sore thumb and are probably (or should be) irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's not the Like feature that I think is stupid, that is useful sometimes. It's the Reputation Points, especially as the stand out like a sore thumb and are probably (or should be) irrelevant.

I'm confused. I don't even see them appear anywhere, let alone standing out.

• Like 1

I had not seen the reputation points on here, but interested in the comment about thread list.

As a researcher, I researched. Stunning findings. Will sell my shares.

So, my normal view is this (no points).

74271A17-168C-4335-9CB2-7CBF2C9D9BEB.thumb.png.e53c3896862d39b2ead29f2d252bd9e9.png

Then I noticed the little boxes to the left of the start new topic button.  My left box was highlighted. To experiment, I highlighted the right box. Wow, now we have points.

Quickly turned it off again.

47D94D17-2E53-43D5-A5E8-161E02C0746E.thumb.png.86e7fc38784d7aee5272d8cbd9c63ca1.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lyndarra said:

CC uses a similar platform to another site I frequent. Reputation points are collected whenever someone "reacts" to your post. Presumably, a poster with a lot of Reputation points could be recognised as a contributor who contributes interesting or informative posts.

Well I just learnt something new🤔, didn't even know reputation points existed. But I'm curious if it is the amount of likes a poster gets how come the same posters have different numbers in different threads?

Edited by ilikeanswers

Ever since the update I have a problem with icons, they're not showing up, instead, I see a little box with two letters and two numbers in it. e.g. the little star for unread post or whatever used to be alongside "Quote" or "Other Media". What's going on?

I think i get it now reputation points has nothing to with reputation.......   there are reaction points

to say   Thanks, Ha Ha and Good one

So used for a quick thanks etc.... instead of a reply...

Wow after reading some other sections on CC

what they need is a What-the and Go away button,   

now that would be interesting

Don

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Ever since the update I have a problem with icons, they're not showing up, instead, I see a little box with two letters and two numbers in it. e.g. the little star for unread post or whatever used to be alongside "Quote" or "Other Media". What's going on?

I see the same when using Firefox, however the Edge browser display is different.

image.thumb.png.9903bebd5d10a57ae82385b92c317364.png

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

I see the same when using Firefox, however the Edge browser display is different.

image.thumb.png.9903bebd5d10a57ae82385b92c317364.png

I'm using Firefox on this and two laptops and both are affected to varying degrees but not all websites or forums.

My Surface had a W10 update and now it wont access any websites.

Ah points, I did do the toggle to show them. I'm really not sure how they are assigned or how they matter. Anyone who has been here for a while knows who's who in the zoo. Newcomers are welcomed and either prove to be enjoyable or not. I guess some people need to collect points.

6 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Ah points, I did do the toggle to show them. I'm really not sure how they are assigned or how they matter. Anyone who has been here for a while knows who's who in the zoo. Newcomers are welcomed and either prove to be enjoyable or not. I guess some people need to collect points.

A bit like post counts, no idea why they are needed either.