Early January Sailings?

whitshel

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The lift and shift must be completed by Nov. 30th for sailings that depart no later than April 30, 3022

Yep, I drilled down far enough to find the typical RCL consistent inconsistency. The T&C promotions page on their website doesn't have the cut-off date anywhere, but the underlying CWC page does. Oh well🙁

11 minutes ago, travelhound said:

I think the only reliable ports in March will be Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

The harbormaster at PC seems to think that Canaveral will be in the mix in March as well. Tampa is primarily a winter sailings port for RCL, and by April they typically have pulled their ships out for European summer sailings.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HS2BS said:

Island lady,

look at: statista. Com

As of today 11/18/20

1 Texas - 1,078,875

2 California - 1,054,766

3 Florida - 897,323

4 Illinois - 587,656

Hal

You were Quoting CDC...I posted link to official CDC up to date figures as of yesterday.  

If you are going to use them as your source of information...I suggest you use their info.  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

It’s like water torture!

Yikes...like water boarding?  😮   Yeah, told the rep on the phone.."I am sooo sick of this game".   

I pay...you refund...I pay...you refund...on and on.   18 cruises cancelled to date, with total expectation of Freedom January B2B and all 8 legs of our Aussie adventure being cancelled by next month.  😞 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The lift and shift must be completed by Nov. 30th for sailings that depart no later than April 30, 3022

Quick thought...the November 30 date was set when they thought they would re-start cruises on December 1. Now that the start date has been delayed until at least January 2021, I wonder if they will extend the date again. (Wasn't the original L&S end date September 30?)

51 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yikes...like water boarding?  😮   Yeah, told the rep on the phone.."I am sooo sick of this game".   

I pay...you refund...I pay...you refund...on and on.   18 cruises cancelled to date, with total expectation of Freedom January B2B and all 8 legs of our Aussie adventure being cancelled by next month.  😞 

I'm sure Freedom January 2021 is toast.  We shifted a B2B2B then to 2022.  Now it's been moved to Explorer.  Who knows if that will even stay the same.....   Since they cancelled our October Jewel cruise, the January 22' cruises are all we have booked.  Thankfully.

12 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

I'm sure Freedom January 2021 is toast.  We shifted a B2B2B then to 2022.  Now it's been moved to Explorer.  Who knows if that will even stay the same.....   Since they cancelled our October Jewel cruise, the January 22' cruises are all we have booked.  Thankfully.

Sadly our Jewel B2B 12 night each Baltic and British Isles cruises for August of next year were cancelled weeks ago as well.  We were going to tie that into a connection with Viking for a river cruise.

Another dream gone up in smoke.  😞 

Have switched the Viking river cruise to 2023...hopefully...by then...things are somewhat back to normal by then. 😮 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry,

The ability to lift and shift ends Nov. 30th 2030 unless extended.

The April 2022 date is the last sailing that you can shift to as long as the shift is done by November. 30th

Just getting going this morning. My roll call says lift and shift has been extended. Came here to see if true and now we have until the end of January? 

15 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Quick thought...the November 30 date was set when they thought they would re-start cruises on December 1. Now that the start date has been delayed until at least January 2021, I wonder if they will extend the date again. (Wasn't the original L&S end date September 30?)

It was extended today.  i started a new thread with details

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

And Port Canaveral.  

My local news didnt get your memo. Last night they said Miami, port canaveral and galveston. 

Funny how everyone has different guesses or information, but my local news thinks Galveston top 3 to start.

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It was extended today.  i started a new thread with details

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

Thanks, you're the best😀

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We agree

Absolutely true!

image.png.8c96e79156e6fc57e9c34ec8e95bdffa.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, firefly333 said:

My local news didnt get your memo. Last night they said Miami, port canaveral and galveston. 

Funny how everyone has different guesses or information, but my local news thinks Galveston top 3 to start.

Uh...huh?   You listed it and I listed it.  Not sure what you mean?  

10 hours ago, travelhound said:

It's been extended 

FB_IMG_1605839421779.jpg

The last sentence is the one that needs a bit more detail. It can be interpreted that any booking made before January 31 can be L&S'd as long as the new sailing takes place before the end of April 2022. The new CWC webpage says they have to be moved prior to January 31. Why can't RCL at least try to present a clear and consistent message?

Edited by orville99

23 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The last sentence is the one that needs a bit more detail. It can be interpreted that any booking made before January 31 can be L&S'd as long as the new sailing takes place before the end of April 2022. The new CWC webpage says they have to be moved prior to January 31. Why can't RCL at least try to present a clear and consistent message?

It may not be clear there to some but it is quite clear in the FAQ's

Lift& Shift: This option is ideal for those guests simply wishing to move their vacation plans to next year. Between now and January 31, 2021, your clients can opt to move their existing booking, protecting their original cruise fare& promotion, to a qualifying sailing next year on the same itinerary type [aka “product”], sailing length, and stateroom category, but within 4-weeks before or 4 weeks after the date of their original cruise. Guests are eligible to lift& shift to qualifying sail dates on Royal Caribbean that depart on-or-before April 30, 2022 – subsequent sailings do not apply.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lift& Shift: This option is ideal for those guests simply wishing to move their vacation plans to next year. Between now and January 31, 2021, your clients can opt to move their existing booking, protecting their original cruise fare& promotion, to a qualifying sailing next year on the same itinerary type [aka “product”], sailing length, and stateroom category, but within 4-weeks before or 4 weeks after the date of their original cruise. Guests are eligible to lift& shift to qualifying sail dates on Royal Caribbean that depart on-or-before April 30, 2022 – subsequent sailings do not apply.

True, but my point was that in order to get clarity, you have to be knowledgeable enough about how RCL buries information to be able to get to the entire message. Joe Average will only see the headline.

44 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yup, I think it's a very fair deal and easy to understand 🙂

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Uh...huh?   You listed it and I listed it.  Not sure what you mean?  

Galveston is all I listen for. My local news is focused on texas which wasnt listed

Oh no I added 2 more sept 2022 of the new ones added out to october. I now have 8 bookings on liberty. Plus ccl. I'm sure hoping allure or a new ship comes. I'm going to have liberty burn out.

Edited by firefly333

59 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Galveston is all I listen for. My local news is focused on texas which wasnt listed

Oh no I added 2 more sept 2022 of the new ones added out to october. I now have 8 bookings on liberty. Plus ccl. I'm sure hoping allure or a new ship comes. I'm going to have liberty burn out.

That would make perfect sense...Texas for Texas.  😉  

Here...I keep hearing PC is a good choice for start up...and Florida seems to be a focus.