If Captain's Club changes come to Crown & Anchor . . .

compman9

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

I'd love to report back from our March 2021 B2B cruise, but after reading the latest on CC (concerning Princess and Holland America) sounds like those cruises possibly are going to be a no go. ☹️ But we may still have a shot as both legs are only 7 days long. 🤞

Agree...I am still waiting on RCI to officially cancel our B2B January Freedom, and all those legs with our Aussie cruise starting 2/15/21.  That would make our next cruise the end of May Harmony cruise, which I fully believe is the only one I have a chance of making in the future...maybe...  😮 

• Like 2

I’m a non-drinker, but my husband enjoys the free drinks in the Diamond Lounge. We also use the free internet, laundry, and photo perks. We usually book insides, but I took advantage of the balcony discount to book a junior suite (my first!) on the outrageously inexpensive Adventure Baltic cruise (8/5/21) just before it changed to the Jewel. I sure hope it sails!! 😎

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Agree...I am still waiting on RCI to officially cancel our B2B January Freedom, and all those legs with our Aussie cruise starting 2/15/21.  That would make our next cruise the end of May Harmony cruise, which I fully believe is the only one I have a chance of making in the future...maybe...  😮 

You have taken a beating on cancelled cruises. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You have taken a beating on cancelled cruises. 

Indeed we have...this was the year we were really going to ramp up the longer cruises, international cruises, and B2Bs since we have become (though sadly) pet free as of over a year ago.  Well that didn't go as planned.  😞 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Indeed we have...this was the year we were really going to ramp up the longer cruises, international cruises, and B2Bs since we have become (though sadly) pet free as of over a year ago.  Well that didn't go as planned.  😞 

Sad. We had a bucket list 15 day River Cruise cancelled along with the Allure President Cruise. 

We have a timeshare 2 weeks in NYC that is useless for some time to come. 

M8

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sad. We had a bucket list 15 day River Cruise cancelled along with the Allure President Cruise. 

We have a timeshare 2 weeks in NYC that is useless for some time to come. 

M8

Agree...2020 sucks.  😞    

Yes, that Presidents cruise we were supposed to be on with you, plus the two legs in the Med just before.  Our B2B Alaska August was one of the worst hits, supposed to celebrate Bucky's big milestone birthday, but we did pull that rabbit out of the hat with replacing the two weeks in a sweet cabin in Homer.  Would never have experienced that if the cruise had happened.  

And same here with the river cruise.  Supposed to do Jewel B2B (12 nights each) Baltic and British Isles, followed by Viking river 15 day immediately after.  RCI cancelled the Jewel, I then had to cancel Viking. 

Now we are just waiting for official cancellation of the Australia/NZ/Tasmania adventure with TP/South Pacific to Honolulu ...on to Vancouver (big bucket list trip) that was to be 8 legs starting with 2/10/21 through to 5/16/21 on Serenade.  RCI dragging their feet to cancel those.  😠

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

What was your experience cancelling with Viking? 

Fantastic!  They are very professional, and make the whole process super easy.  🙂  Almost immediate refund back to CC with all funds except 100 a person, that we could use as FCC.  I actually did use it within weeks, we are now rebooked for 2023.  🤗

RCI could learn a whole lot from Viking.  😮 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, island lady said:

Fantastic!  They are very professional, and make the whole process super easy.  🙂  Almost immediate refund back to CC with all funds except 100 a person, that we could use as FCC.  I actually did use it within weeks, we are now rebooked for 2023.  🤗

Good to know...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

That is great that you don't lose the $100 like what happens with RCI just for changing sailings.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is great that you don't lose the $100 like what happens with RCI just for changing sailings.

This will be my first Viking cruise (though not my first river cruise)...I am worried I might like Viking too much.  😉  Been wanting to try their new ocean liners also. 

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

OK, there it is... why would they hide that?

I don't know why they changed the location. Several times when I tried to edit a post I ended up quoting myself instead because of the old location of the edit button.

• Like 4