Radiance Sailings Missing Until November 5, 2021

Tiger0613

I tried to do a price check on my 6/21/21 Radiance sailing on Tuesday(11/17/20), but it was gone.  It was gone before all of the remaining January sailings disappeared.  The only June 2021 sailings out of Long Beach are for the Panorama.  I did a search on just the Radiance with no other filters, and the first sailing that is showing up is 11/5/21.  I don't remember any announcement being made about a further delay.

It looks like Radiance was in the latest list of cancellations this week. Perhaps with the delays in Spain the ship might not be able to start on the original April start date. No fault of Carnival, 

• Radiance (fka Carnival Victory) starts departures from Port Long Beach (3-4-night Catalina Island and Ensenada) on November 5.

I wanted to book radiance from Galveston to do partial Panama and long time ago it was pulled from Galveston for this fall and maybe moved to fill a spot from a ship sold? Idk but left Galveston one ship shorter. I dont think we even have a ship doing the 4/5 as before. Pushes up the price on what's left.

It had 2 partial Panama I was eyeing oct or Nov 2021. Glad I waited as I was tired of getting cancelled this year. Kept reading how radiance stuck in dry dock partially done and work stopped, restarted on slow basis because of covid. Been following work stoppages before they moved the ship to go out of florida. If it's not ready for fall of 2021, cant go out of either port. Hard to work up to speed when countries keep shutting down economies.

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I wanted to book radiance from Galveston to do partial Panama and long time ago it was pulled from Galveston for this fall and maybe moved to fill a spot from a ship sold? Idk but left Galveston one ship shorter. I dont think we even have a ship doing the 4/5 as before. Pushes up the price on what's left.

It had 2 partial Panama I was eyeing oct or Nov 2021. Glad I waited as I was tired of getting cancelled this year. Kept reading how radiance stuck in dry dock partially done and work stopped, restarted on slow basis because of covid. Been following work stoppages before they moved the ship to go out of florida. If it's not ready for fall of 2021, cant go out of either port. Hard to work up to speed when countries keep shutting down economies.

Yeah Radiance isn’t going to Galveston anymore. It’s going to Long Beach to replace imagination/inspiration.

Apparently,  Carnival is not going to start with the refurbishment until the other ships are sailing and generating cash flow. Not expecting the work to begin until the summer. Three other ships, Magic, Valor, and Paradise have dry docks scheduled for the first half of 2021, and have been pulled off the schedule until November also. Per the Cruise Critic news article, the four ships aren't included in the 2021 start up plan. 😥

7 hours ago, Moviela said:

It looks like Radiance was in the latest list of cancellations this week. Perhaps with the delays in Spain the ship might not be able to start on the original April start date. No fault of Carnival, 

• Radiance (fka Carnival Victory) starts departures from Port Long Beach (3-4-night Catalina Island and Ensenada) on November 5.

Where did you get this?  I haven't received a cancelation email for this cruise.  I only received cancelation emails for my two January cruises out of New Orleans.

13 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

Where did you get this? 

I think I'll just leave this here:

CCL-Carnival Cruise Line suspended its fleet's passenger shipping operations by cancelling all voyages with pre-scheduled departures in the period March 13, 2020, through January 31, 2021 (previously up until December 31, 2020). Fleet's operations were planned to resume on November 1, 2020, but following CDC's no-sail order extension, CCL cancelled all itineraries planned for November-December 2020. In mid-November were cancelled all departures planned through January 31. Fleetwide cruise shipping services are currently planned to resume on February 1, 2021.

Initially, CCL scheduled December departures from Florida with 3 ships from Miami (Conquest, Horizon, Sunrise) plus 3 ships from Port Canaveral (Elation, Liberty, Breeze), but in late-October, these cruises were cancelled.

The November cancellations also affected the departures out of Baltimore, Charleston, Jacksonville, Mobile, New Orleans, Long Beach and San Diego - all of which were cancelled through February 28. Carnival Legend's European voyages (Mediterranean and UK) resume on May 17. CCL's Australian operations (Carnival Splendor out of Sydney) resume on March 12.

• Dream (from Galveston), Conquest (from Miami) and Elation (from Port Canaveral) resume on February 1.
  • Sunrise (from Miami) resumes on February 4.
  • Liberty (from Port Canaveral) resumes on February 5.
  • Horizon (from Miami) and Mardi Gras (from Port Canaveral) resume on February 6.
  • Freedom (from Galveston) resumes on February 21.
  • Sunshine (from Charleston) and Sensation (from Mobile Alabama) resume on March 1.
  • Ecstasy (Bahamas from Jacksonville) resumes on March 4.
  • Vista (from Galveston) and Panorama (Mexican Riviera from Long Beach) resume on March 6.
  • Miracle (Baja Mexico from San Diego), Glory (from New Orleans) and Pride (Bahamas from Baltimore) start voyages on March 7.
  • Breeze (from Galveston) resumes on May 5.
  • Legend (from Barcelona) resumes on May 17.

Due to scheduled drydock refurbishments, Magic (from Port Canaveral), Paradise (from Tampa) and Valor (from NOLA-New Orleans) start voyages on November 6.

• Carnival Magic's cruises from Miami (March-May), from Norfolk VA (to Bermuda and Caribbean/May-June and September-November) and from NYC (Canada New England and Eastern Caribbean/June-September) were cancelled.
  • Carnival Paradise's Western Caribbean roundtrips from Tampa (March 19 through November 1) were all cancelled.
  • Carnival Valor's Western Caribbean roundtrips from NOLA (April 29 through November 1) were all cancelled.

Carnival Mardi Gras (newbuild under construction) has its Inaugural Cruise scheduled for February 6, 2021, out of Port Canaveral (7-night to Cozumel, Costa Maya and Isla Roatan).

Carnival Australia (ships Carnival Spirit and Carnival Splendor) was scheduled to resume voyages on November 1, 2020 (respectively, from Brisbane and Sydney), but eventually the pause was extended through 2021 March 12 (Splendor) and June 12 (Spirit).

All affected bookings received full monetary refunds (100%), including on pre-purchased through CCL packages and services. With rebooking, refunds were in FCC (future cruise credit) transferred to the new booking. Cruises 5-day or shorter receive a full monetary refund or a 100% refund in FCC plus USD 300 in OBC (onboard credit) per stateroom. Cruises 6-day and longer receive a full monetary refund or a 100% FCC plus USD 600 in OBC per stateroom.  Booking cancellations prior to the final payment are penalty-free - unless the booking was on a specific promo offer with a non-refundable deposit and/or cruise fare.

14 hours ago, Moviela said:

I think I'll just leave this here:

CCL-Carnival Cruise Line suspended its fleet's passenger shipping operations by cancelling all voyages with pre-scheduled departures in the period March 13, 2020, through January 31, 2021 (previously up until December 31, 2020). Fleet's operations were planned to resume on November 1, 2020, but following CDC's no-sail order extension, CCL cancelled all itineraries planned for November-December 2020. In mid-November were cancelled all departures planned through January 31. Fleetwide cruise shipping services are currently planned to resume on February 1, 2021.

Initially, CCL scheduled December departures from Florida with 3 ships from Miami (Conquest, Horizon, Sunrise) plus 3 ships from Port Canaveral (Elation, Liberty, Breeze), but in late-October, these cruises were cancelled.

The November cancellations also affected the departures out of Baltimore, Charleston, Jacksonville, Mobile, New Orleans, Long Beach and San Diego - all of which were cancelled through February 28. Carnival Legend's European voyages (Mediterranean and UK) resume on May 17. CCL's Australian operations (Carnival Splendor out of Sydney) resume on March 12.

• Dream (from Galveston), Conquest (from Miami) and Elation (from Port Canaveral) resume on February 1.
  • Sunrise (from Miami) resumes on February 4.
  • Liberty (from Port Canaveral) resumes on February 5.
  • Horizon (from Miami) and Mardi Gras (from Port Canaveral) resume on February 6.
  • Freedom (from Galveston) resumes on February 21.
  • Sunshine (from Charleston) and Sensation (from Mobile Alabama) resume on March 1.
  • Ecstasy (Bahamas from Jacksonville) resumes on March 4.
  • Vista (from Galveston) and Panorama (Mexican Riviera from Long Beach) resume on March 6.
  • Miracle (Baja Mexico from San Diego), Glory (from New Orleans) and Pride (Bahamas from Baltimore) start voyages on March 7.
  • Breeze (from Galveston) resumes on May 5.
  • Legend (from Barcelona) resumes on May 17.

Due to scheduled drydock refurbishments, Magic (from Port Canaveral), Paradise (from Tampa) and Valor (from NOLA-New Orleans) start voyages on November 6.

• Carnival Magic's cruises from Miami (March-May), from Norfolk VA (to Bermuda and Caribbean/May-June and September-November) and from NYC (Canada New England and Eastern Caribbean/June-September) were cancelled.
  • Carnival Paradise's Western Caribbean roundtrips from Tampa (March 19 through November 1) were all cancelled.
  • Carnival Valor's Western Caribbean roundtrips from NOLA (April 29 through November 1) were all cancelled.

Carnival Mardi Gras (newbuild under construction) has its Inaugural Cruise scheduled for February 6, 2021, out of Port Canaveral (7-night to Cozumel, Costa Maya and Isla Roatan).

Carnival Australia (ships Carnival Spirit and Carnival Splendor) was scheduled to resume voyages on November 1, 2020 (respectively, from Brisbane and Sydney), but eventually the pause was extended through 2021 March 12 (Splendor) and June 12 (Spirit).

All affected bookings received full monetary refunds (100%), including on pre-purchased through CCL packages and services. With rebooking, refunds were in FCC (future cruise credit) transferred to the new booking. Cruises 5-day or shorter receive a full monetary refund or a 100% refund in FCC plus USD 300 in OBC (onboard credit) per stateroom. Cruises 6-day and longer receive a full monetary refund or a 100% FCC plus USD 600 in OBC per stateroom.  Booking cancellations prior to the final payment are penalty-free - unless the booking was on a specific promo offer with a non-refundable deposit and/or cruise fare.

You still didn't give me the source.

I still haven't received a cancelation email for my Radiance cruise.  I only received cancelation emails for my two Glory cruises in January.  Also, the Carnival website doesn't mention four day cruises being canceled.

Carnival Radiance

• Sailings through and including November 1, 2020
  • 9, 12, and 14 day sailings from May 2, 2021 through and including April 29, 2022
  • 5 day sailings December 23, 2021 and December 28, 2021
Edited by Tiger0613

The Radiance 2021 / 2022 cruises listed in your quote were from when she was supposed to go to Galveston. The Radiance cruises from Long Beach have not been officially canceled by Carnival yet, but all Radiance cruises from there have been pulled from the website with the first one being available November 5th. Stay tuned.

Edited by Jamman54

16 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

CHECK OUT. Carnival's website yourself........ Radiance's first available cruise IS IN November 2021 out of Long Beach.. 

First currently bookable Radiance cruise. You know what they say about assumptions. Thousands, including me, are booked on Radiance cruises before then.

4 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

You still didn't give me the source.

I still haven't received a cancelation email for my Radiance cruise.  I only received cancelation emails for my two Glory cruises in January.  Also, the Carnival website doesn't mention four day cruises being canceled.

Carnival Radiance

• 9, 12, and 14 day sailings from May 2, 2021 through and including April 29, 2022

It's from a third party site and not Carnival.

On the carnival website when you pick on cancelled sailings it says: 

• Carnival Radiance

Our PVP emailed us and all he said was "This cruise has not been cancelled". I am reading between the lines that it will be. Unless they are replacing the Radiance with some other ship for the shorter Mexico sailings?

3 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

• Carnival Radiance

Our PVP emailed us and all he said was "This cruise has not been cancelled". I am reading between the lines that it will be. Unless they are replacing the Radiance with some other ship for the shorter Mexico sailings?

Note it says sailings through Nov 1, 2020.

That Radiance note was added when Carnival changed the homeport from Galveston to Long Beach and canceled the longer cruises from Galveston that made no sense from Long Beach. I had a couple of those booked.

As with the other cruises, the virus controls the schedule. More cruises could be canceled, or not.

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Note it says sailings through Nov 1, 2020.

That Radiance note was added when Carnival changed the homeport from Galveston to Long Beach and canceled the longer cruises from Galveston that made no sense from Long Beach. I had a couple of those booked.

As with the other cruises, the virus controls the schedule. More cruises could be canceled, or not.

True you are right I didnt see that.

In any case my experience has been once cruises disappear from the website, a cancellation is soon to follow

Edited by pinto18

On 11/22/2020 at 11:04 AM, pinto18 said:

• Carnival Radiance

The fact Carnival just pulled the Long Beach 3-4 day cruises off the site, doesn't bode well for a replacement ship. Only slight chance would be if the entire Alaska cruise season is dumped with the Miracle available through September before it returns to San Diego in October. Then again Carnival likely figures they'd make more money out of San Francisco running any 3-4 day cruises compared to Long Beach in place of any cancelled Alaska cruises. With that stated, I would be willing to bet the Alaska cruise season won't be killed off this summer but with just shorter total cruise lengths as San Fran Miracle cruises may be limited to a quick 7 day trip to Alaska and back.

Edited by embarkation75

2 hours ago, embarkation75 said:

Then again Carnival likely figures they'd make more money out of San Francisco running any 3-4 day cruises compared to Long Beach in place of any cancelled Alaska cruises

You could be right...but I feel like there would be more people wanting to do a quick 3-4 day out of LA than SF esp during the summer ( Have you ever been to SF in the summer? brrrrr)

On 11/22/2020 at 2:54 PM, pinto18 said:

True you are right I didnt see that.

In any case my experience has been once cruises disappear from the website, a cancellation is soon to follow

I think Carnival could be about to rearrange some ships.

3 hours ago, pinto18 said:

You could be right...but I feel like there would be more people wanting to do a quick 3-4 day out of LA than SF esp during the summer ( Have you ever been to SF in the summer? brrrrr)

One major problem with the Long Beach 3-4 day cruises seeing a replacement ship this summer is that Carnival just eliminated them from booking until November. That doesn't speak strongly toward these cruises existing this summer. Suspect with Panorama still cruising out of Long Beach that will be as good as it gets for summer 2021 from southern CA. The bigger question is what happens to San Fran cruises if the 10 day Alaska cruises are canceled. I suspect they could be replaced by a couple 5 day cruises to Ensenda and Catalina along with existing 4 day to Ensenda. Betting Carnival could get those cruises mostly filled just from rebooked folks and some strategic advertising in northern CA.