When will the price of Cheers go up?

landsear

I'm booked for Feb 2023. LOL. Anyways, I figure I should purchase Cheers before the price presumably goes up. But I'd also like to wait until after Christmas if I can. I apologize that I don't spend tons of time on here, so if this has been addressed, sorry! I did search before I posted and didn't find anything but you know how that goes.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, landsear said:

I'm booked for Feb 2023. LOL. Anyways, I figure I should purchase Cheers before the price presumably goes up. But I'd also like to wait until after Christmas if I can. I apologize that I don't spend tons of time on here, so if this has been addressed, sorry! I did search before I posted and didn't find anything but you know how that goes.

Thanks!

Being Christmas is only a month away and sailings are more than likely not until February you should be good. 

Someone ( many TA's)  on CC usually give a heads up when they are informed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Why would the price of Cheers go up?

Because eventually (almost) all things increase in price in an inflationary economy.  Especially commodities like food and drink.

At some point or another, Carnival will decide that they can increase the price and not see a significant decrease in number of purchasers.  Since it went up just a couple of years ago, it isn't too likely it will occur in the near future, but OTOH Carnival might decide to squeeze that Golden Goose for a little more cashflow due to the financial stress they are enduring.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
"almost"

Also, so many cruisers have rescheduled their canceled cruises and received OBC (like me) and now are considering using it to purchase Cheers onboard (like me) and I would be out of pocket more money.  Hmmm, maybe I should purchase Cheers ahead of time (in case the price goes up) and use the OBC on something else🤑

Edited by ninjacat123

This is all speculation as nothing has surfaced indicating Carnival in the  near future will raise Cheers prices.   But most likely if that happens, it will e in conjunction with an overall beverage price increase. 

Once beverage prices increase to where it makes since for 50% or so of the cruisers to buy Cheers, even if only one person in the cabin drinks, then Carnival would be wise to raise prices.

Regardless, as with anything, you need to evaluate your beverage spending and see if Cheers makes sense over individual drinks.

Personally, I don't see the price of Cheers going up anytime soon. I see the cost of fares going up and probably more "Cheers included" packages. No matter the need for revenue, you don't attract cruisers again by skyrocketing your prices. You lure them in by tricking them into thinking they are getting something for free.

• Like 4

A company does not just raise the price on something because they 'need revenue'.  The price of any product should already be what the market will sustain to maximize the profit from that line item.  A company seeks a balance, charge enough to make a respectable profit while having the price appeal to the majority of their customer base.

12 hours ago, ray98 said:

A company does not just raise the price on something because they 'need revenue'.  

I refer you to deflazacort and epi-pens.

Yes, companies will raise the price of something if they think their clientele will just keep paying.

In this case, however, I doubt Carnival would raise the price of Cheers without any thought simply because they desire more revenue.

However, if they found, through market surveys and all the other clever things companies can do, that a 10% price increase would result in a 5% drop in clientele, they will raise the price.  (Numbers are completely made up.)  They'll make more revenue overall (4.5% more), and need to procure less supplies (5% less), thus a win-win.

OTOH, they may find that dropping the price 5% results in a 10% increase in clientele, which although not as great a swing, is still probably a net positive for them, depending on cost to supply vs price.

Can I also get next week's lotto numbers while we're at it?

Anyone who tells you what prices will do in the future prior to a formal announcement is at best speculating and at worst lying - if I were the OP the more definitive the answer the less I would trust it

14 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I refer you to deflazacort and epi-pens.

Yes, companies will raise the price of something if they think their clientele will just keep paying.

In this case, however, I doubt Carnival would raise the price of Cheers without any thought simply because they desire more revenue.

However, if they found, through market surveys and all the other clever things companies can do, that a 10% price increase would result in a 5% drop in clientele, they will raise the price.  (Numbers are completely made up.)  They'll make more revenue overall (4.5% more), and need to procure less supplies (5% less), thus a win-win.

OTOH, they may find that dropping the price 5% results in a 10% increase in clientele, which although not as great a swing, is still probably a net positive for them, depending on cost to supply vs price.

Epi-Pen is a life-saving device that had no competition and insurance would often pay for. Much different than a vacation

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Epi-Pen is a life-saving device that had no competition and insurance would often pay for. Much different than a vacation

Indeed, but the statement was not so precise.

And "insurance would often pay" - where do the insurance companies get their money?  Oh yeah, though premiums.  So I'm paying for someone else's EpiPen at a gouging price.  Great.

Anyway, the point is that companies will adjust pricing to meet market demand.  The trick is to induce sufficient market demand to allow for price increases.  I'm looking at you, Apple.