MIracle and Panorama Panama Canal Transit

ecarbine

I just notices on the MarineTraffic website that both Carnival Miracle and Carnival Panorama are in Panama Bay.

I haven't been paying attention to their positions before now, have they been there for a while or could they be staging for transit?

Edited by ecarbine

13 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

If I recall correctly, the Panorama is unable to go through the Panama Canal because the lifeboats make the ship too wide.

That's true. Panorama is stationed off Panama Bay for the foreseeable future due to covid and has no plans to go to the canal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ecarbine said:

I just notices on the MarineTraffic website that both Carnival Miracle and Carnival Panorama are in Panama Bay.

I haven't been paying attention to their positions before now, have they been there for a while or could they be staging for transit?

Neither are going anywhere but Panama Bay UFN as I have been tracking them both for months. The Miracle has been stationed in Panama Bay since May as it's not going through the canal unless by some extremely rare chance it's headed to the scrapper like the Imagination and Inspiration pair. The Panorama has literally been on the other side of the world through most of the spring and summer as it spent time in Manila and Indonesia before returning across the Pacific back in the fall to join the Miracle in Panama Bay. Both will sit there until the ports in CA open.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, embarkation75 said:

Neither are going anywhere but Panama Bay UFN as I have been tracking them both for months. The Miracle has been stationed in Panama Bay since May as it's not going through the canal unless by some extremely rare chance it's headed to the scrapper like the Imagination and Inspiration pair. The Panorama has literally been on the other side of the world through most of the spring and summer as it spent time in Manila and Indonesia before returning across the Pacific back in the fall to join the Miracle in Panama Bay. Both will sit there until the ports in CA open.

There are ZERO plans to scrap a Spirit class ship. 

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I doubt that's going to happen and I was surprised when I read that. We've sailed the Dream and the Panorama and we keep returning to the Spirit Class ships. 

Probably STILL the most popular class of ships that Carnival has brought out, and while we have been on her several times, the only one we have never sailed on. 

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Probably STILL the most popular class of ships that Carnival has brought out, and while we have been on her several times, the only one we have never sailed on. 

Popular because at 85,000 grt they're neither too small or too big. We have a goal to sail all 4 in the class. Legend will be our 3rd after sailing the Spirit twice and the Miracle 4 times. These ships offer the most cubic feet of space per person in the public areas in the Carnival fleet. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I doubt that's going to happen and I was surprised when I read that. We've sailed the Dream and the Panorama and we keep returning to the Spirit Class ships. 

Concur as it's why I said the Miracle isn't going anywhere unless some weird/exceedingly low chance they are forced to scrap half of the fleet.

9 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Concur as it's why I said the Miracle isn't going anywhere unless some weird/exceedingly low chance they are forced to scrap half of the fleet.

I think lumping the Miracle in the same sentence with the Imagination and Inspiration led to my conclusion. 

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

Popular because at 85,000 grt they're neither too small or too big. We have a goal to sail all 4 in the class. Legend will be our 3rd after sailing the Spirit twice and the Miracle 4 times. These ships offer the most cubic feet of space per person in the public areas in the Carnival fleet. 

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

We have sailed the Pride 6 times, Legend 3 and Spirit 2.  Unique for a bunch of reason, another notable one is only one MDR.  Vista suites a third unique feature and the largest serenity.  Wish they made six of them.  

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

What was it about the ship you disliked. Have you been on the other spirit class ships? We have been on all of them and love the layout. 

I have been on the Legend and really enjoyed that ship. What I disliked about the Miracle was important to me but would probably go unnoticed by others. With that in mind, I know how many enjoy the Spirit class ships.

FWIW, Carnival Miracle was the ship that sent me to reconsider my cruising options and contributed to my distancing from Carnival. I’d consider sailing other ships of that class should they be ideal for that vacation’s purpose but it is unlikely I would sail on the Carnival Miracle again.

Edited by xDisconnections

6 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

I've cruise all four of them and, without a doubt, my favorite class. The "GOLDILOCKS" class. Just the right size.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Once I get past the purple grapes in the dining room, I love the Miracle.  My first ever ship was the Fantasy, and the second was the Miracle.  Now that's an upgrade.  

Upstairs in the Bacchus Dining Room it's so dark you can't see your dinner plate 🙂 

image_800x_.jpg

On 12/2/2020 at 12:17 PM, xDisconnections said:

I have been on the Legend and really enjoyed that ship. What I disliked about the Miracle was important to me but would probably go unnoticed by others. With that in mind, I know how many enjoy the Spirit class ships.

FWIW, Carnival Miracle was the ship that sent me to reconsider my cruising options and contributed to my distancing from Carnival. I’d consider sailing other ships of that class should they be ideal for that vacation’s purpose but it is unlikely I would sail on the Carnival Miracle again.

I completely understand. We had that type of experience on the Carnival Spirit. We said we'd never cruise Carnival again. Wrote a detailed letter to Carnival explaining our displeasure. After their response we decided to try one more time. Took a cruise on the Pride and we were back in love with Carnival. I know it was not the ship or the cruise line, but the management of that ship at the time. I understand for some it is their favorite ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

I completely understand. We had that type of experience on the Carnival Spirit. We said we'd never cruise Carnival again.

Yeah Triumph did that to us (it had the major engine room fire 3 weeks later) but Paradise brought me back.

4 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

I completely understand. We had that type of experience on the Carnival Spirit. We said we'd never cruise Carnival again. Wrote a detailed letter to Carnival explaining our displeasure. After their response we decided to try one more time. Took a cruise on the Pride and we were back in love with Carnival. I know it was not the ship or the cruise line, but the management of that ship at the time. I understand for some it is their favorite ship.

1 hour ago, quattrohead said:

Yeah Triumph did that to us (it had the major engine room fire 3 weeks later) but Paradise brought me back.

It took seven years for me to give Carnival another try. It was okay but I'll probably stick to Princess and Royal Caribbean before considering Carnival unless the purpose of the trip required Carnival as the travel provider.

When I first sailed on Carnival, one of my first few cruises was on the Carnival Destiny and someone wrote a scathing review on Cruise Critic about them having a horrible cruise. I didn't understand it at the time because I was on the same sailing and it was a great cruise for us. When you have a ship with 3000+ passengers, that allows for 3000+ unique experiences to occur. I didn't realize what happened with the Carnival Destiny until the opposite situation occurred when I had an awful cruise on the Carnival Miracle while my experience differed greatly from others onboard.

Over time, I learned the things that are important to me when traveling aren't necessarily important to others and it's best that I use travel providers that can accommodate my needs and meet my expectations. It's unfortunate that Carnival can't because there was a time I really enjoyed the cruise line and preferred it above all others.