Did Allure get amplified

Travelw

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am pretty sure it is no longer on deck 11 on Oasis.

Sorry I wasn’t clear with my question.  I sailed on the Oasis before and after the amplifications.  I much preferred when the DL was on Deck 11.

I haven’t been on the Allure for a long time was was just wondering if the DL is on Deck 11 like on the Oasis “before” she had the upgrades....

2 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Sorry I wasn’t clear with my question.  I sailed on the Oasis before and after the amplifications.  I much preferred when the DL was on Deck 11.

I haven’t been on the Allure for a long time was was just wondering if the DL is on Deck 11 like on the Oasis “before” she had the upgrades....

I am pretty sure that Allure still has it on deck 11. It was supposed to move with the amping that didn't happen. That is such a nice location for the lounge.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

When I sailed on allure early jan 2020 the DL was deck 11.  Very nice lounge with great views.  I hope they leave it be.

Much better than where they moved DL on Oasis.  I think it is deck 4 now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, steamboats said:

So I don´t think money is the reason they won´t do it.

Labor cost and ship down time is probably pretty impactful to money matters when the return is questionable (Oasis fares didn't seem to have gone up due to her Amp).

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I never mentioned 2025 or sending the ship to the Mediterranean.

Not-enough-cruising did mention 2025 which would be the next dry dock.

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Other than the Oasis class ships out of Barcelona have been very successful and there wasn't one that was die for a drydock this year.

The Allure was due for drydock and a Med season this year (2020). Dry dock was limited to the needed technical stuff then. Next year (2021) Harmony is due for her first dry dock. So she will be back in the Med. For 2022 no Oasis class ship has a regular dry dock. Oasis class is pretty popular in the Med but so far it was the new (or upgraded) ships. Last time Allure was in the Med it was post dry dock.

Actually the itinerary is boarding as it is the "highway" of the Med ... Would be the same like regular Caribbean routes of the Oasis class ships. I´ve been on Allure, Harmony, Symphony on the Med route. I know the ports pretty well. So for me it would be the ship. But I´m not interested in seeing the old gal... I´d be interested in seeing the new upgraded ship (although I don´t like the Amplification of Oasis/Allure especially adding more cabins and destroying the space). They tried it one with the Freedom and it didn´t really sell. I doubt that a not upgraded Allure will sell that well.

steamboats

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don't think they will do the full range of additions they had planned however I think they will do some of the additions that are the least costly that add some of the WOW factor.

You think that will include converting the current DL to revenue producing cabins?

M8

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Labor cost and ship down time is probably pretty impactful to money matters when the return is questionable (Oasis fares didn't seem to have gone up due to her Amp).

They did add revenue producing cabins in place of old Deck 11 DL on Oasis. The DL doesn’t add to revenue opportunities while the conversion does. 

M8

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

They did add revenue producing cabins in place of old Deck 11 DL on Oasis. The DL doesn’t add to revenue opportunities while the conversion does. 

True, though not sure what the payback period is if one is only counting the extra revenue from those.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...