Roll up your sleeve... But, don't hold your breath.

Flatbush Flyer

13 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Interesting. One category that is too vague is Health risk.

Without further breaking it down it puts someone with only hypertension into the same group as someone who is immuno compromised with severe heart disease and renal disease. 

Obviously they do not have the same Health Risks.

Apparently interesting research underway as to wether a mix and match approach of 2 different vaccines gives better protection, rather than 2 shots of the same vaccine.

Because the Pfizer and the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccines work in a different way against the virus, having a mix & match may be more effective.

As expected, it appears the worldwide rollout is going to be a very long process.

I have read that after the initial batch of the Pfizer vaccine into the US , the contracts they have with other countries put further deliveries  some time away.

2021 will remain a year of transition, not normality  I reckon.

Edited by Tranquility Base
  • Like 2

Indonesia has received their first batch of Vaccine  from China.

This is good news, as Indonesia has the greatest number of cases in South East Asia.

The initial delivery is only a small number, a couple of million, however China is delivering the raw material so that Indonesia can begin producing the vaccine locally.

2 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Apparently interesting research underway as to wether a mix and match approach of 2 different vaccines gives better protection, rather than 2 shots of the same vaccine.

Because the Pfizer and the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccines work in a different way against the virus, having a mix & match may be more effective.

I doubt that this should be the case for 2 reasons

1 Pfizer is most effective 7 days AFTER 2nd shot

2 Astra Zeneca is only 70% effective (vs 94% for Pfizer).

JMO.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Two health workers in UK have had an allergic reaction to the Pfizer vaccine on the first day.

UK regulators issue a warning.

Full disclosure - they both have a long history of multiple severe allergies and thus carry on them injections for allergic reactions at all times.

People with similar histories will not be vaccinated at present.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/8/2020 at 1:23 PM, Paulchili said:

I doubt that this should be the case for 2 reasons

1 Pfizer is most effective 7 days AFTER 2nd shot

2 Astra Zeneca is only 70% effective (vs 94% for Pfizer).

JMO.

Here's some encouraging news re: Pfizer vax: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/health/covid-vaccine-pfizer.html

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Full disclosure - they both have a long history of multiple severe allergies and thus carry on them injections for allergic reactions at all times.

People with similar histories will not be vaccinated at present.

HUGE difference, huh?

On 12/7/2020 at 12:23 AM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Wow! The answer is depressing!  Even though I'm OLDer than dirt, I have very good health, there are more than 63,000 persons in my county ahead of me, and we have a county-wide population of approx. 150,000.  I don't think the calculation is correct.  JMO.

I will get vaccinated when it's convenient and sane.  All my cruise plans are 2022 anyway.

I will not wait in a line at CVS or Walgreens for hours.  I'm too old to do the wait outside the store routine.  

The fact that both drugstores are trying to hire 10,000 medical personnel, nation wide, to supplement their pharmacists sticking needles is telling.   It will be chaotic.  In the mean time, I'll just practice good hygiene, wear a mask and let the masses  fret and worry.  

44 minutes ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

I will get vaccinated when it's convenient and sane.  All my cruise plans are 2022 anyway.

I will not wait in a line at CVS or Walgreens for hours.  I'm too old to do the wait outside the store routine.  

The fact that both drugstores are trying to hire 10,000 medical personnel, nation wide, to supplement their pharmacists sticking needles is telling.   It will be chaotic.  In the mean time, I'll just practice good hygiene, wear a mask and let the masses  fret and worry.  

Are you aware that CVS alone has about 10,000 stores in the US? Walgreen's adds another 9,000+.

If they plan to offer vaccinations during regular business hours, three Full-Time positions for seven days/wk coverage would be required.

That said, and because many folks will opt for their own doc or clinic (along with the prioritization roll-out and less than "full buy-in" by the general populace), makes it unlikely that  you'll encounter any long lines.