FORT LAUDERDALE - 2 ROOM SUITES???

elaineb

Does anyone know of a hotel that has this in Fort Lauderdale?  We will be travelling with my son and his wife and since we are paying, thinking this might be more economic than 2 rooms.  Or a hotel with a bedroom with a door and a pull out couch?  The Embassy Suites by Hilton seems configured this way, but looks VERY dated.  Anyone been there in 2019?

Thanks!

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel info.  I seem to recall some extended stay type hotels near the airport that offer suites that may meet your needs.

As you said, I would price out options for two rooms - the number of suite rooms in a hotel is limited and you may find that two standard rooms are cheaper and open up many more hotel options.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel info.  I seem to recall some extended stay type hotels near the airport that offer suites that may meet your needs.

As you said, I would price out options for two rooms - the number of suite rooms in a hotel is limited and you may find that two standard rooms are cheaper and open up many more hotel options.

I reserved a room at the Marriott Beach Tower that has a separate room with King bed.  They'll have to sleep on the pull out sofa in living room.  The 2 bedrooms were outrageously priced.  I will keep looking, but I just wanted to reserve something!

4 hours ago, elaineb said:

I reserved a room at the Marriott Beach Tower that has a separate room with King bed.  They'll have to sleep on the pull out sofa in living room.  The 2 bedrooms were outrageously priced.  I will keep looking, but I just wanted to reserve something!

Just a suggestion; whether it will be helpful or not, I don't know.  Consider a hotel that is not directly in the Port area.  I have found, during high season, reasonably priced properties in the Cypress Creek Road area.  There is a Marriott, Sheraton Suites, Courtyard, and a Westin in that area.  They may have what you are looking for at a reasonable price without having some having to use a sofa bed.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, elaineb said:

Does anyone know of a hotel that has this in Fort Lauderdale?  We will be travelling with my son and his wife and since we are paying, thinking this might be more economic than 2 rooms.  Or a hotel with a bedroom with a door and a pull out couch?  The Embassy Suites by Hilton seems configured this way, but looks VERY dated.  Anyone been there in 2019?

Thanks!

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Dania Beach a couple of years ago, and our room was what you are looking for.  2 bedroom/2bath suite, both with king beds and small kitchen and  common area in between both bedrooms.  Worked out great for the 4 of us.

On 12/12/2020 at 6:30 AM, JBSteelerfan said:

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Dania Beach a couple of years ago, and our room was what you are looking for.  2 bedroom/2bath suite, both with king beds and small kitchen and  common area in between both bedrooms.  Worked out great for the 4 of us.

I don't see this type of room on the website....Is this the hotel???

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/florida/hyatt-place-fort-lauderdale-airport-south-cruise-port/fllzd/rooms

On 12/11/2020 at 6:22 AM, elaineb said:

Thanks!

OP ... you might consider the ES room you're referring to...to access the bathroom you must go into the bedroom...and yes the ES is very dated.

If you decide to book a Hyatt...do join their rewards club and book directly this way for a better rate.

On 12/11/2020 at 11:39 AM, elaineb said:

Good choice 👍 

21 hours ago, elaineb said:

I don't see this type of room on the website....Is this the hotel???

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/florida/hyatt-place-fort-lauderdale-airport-south-cruise-port/fllzd/rooms

Sorry....I typed Hyatt Place, I meant to type Hyatt House.   They are right across from each other.

Hotel Near FLL Airport | Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport - South & Cruise Port

Two room "suites" are a hot segment in the hotel world right now. Hyatt House, Residence Inn, Home2 Suites, Homewood Suites, SpringHill Suites, Element, TownePlace Suite and Candelwood Suites, to name a few. I am staying at these hotels more often now on business trips than I am in these chains traditional chains. Fort Laudedale has several of the above. In normal times all the above provide breakfast and some have evening food.

On 12/15/2020 at 1:00 PM, VMax1700 said:

This is one of my favorite hotels in Fort Lauderdale.

Fantastic Intracoastal Waterway location, walking distance to Publix and Galleria Mall, and walking distance to the beach.

Ask for a high room on the ICW side and you'll have views of the ICW and the ocean.  Great yacht watching there also.

17 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

This is one of my favorite hotels in Fort Lauderdale.

Fantastic Intracoastal Waterway location, walking distance to Publix and Galleria Mall, and walking distance to the beach.

Ask for a high room on the ICW side and you'll have views of the ICW and the ocean.  Great yacht watching there also.

I did that, never planned it. Thanksgiving 2018 I watched "yachts" more like personal cruise ships 😉

Spent 5 nights at the Courtyard Marriott on Seabreeze Blvd, my nice room overlooked the marina and the intercoastal. Those "yachts" are off the chain, Thanksgiving morning I watched the mini cruise ships all morning pulling in and out of they're slips and cruise the intercoastal, it's nice back there. 

Believe it or not, I stayed in this Courtyard Marriott Thanksgiving 2001 it was then a DoubleTree by Marriott, I'm almost positive. 

I also found out by staying in this hotel it's very fashionable in Ft. Lauderdale to swim laps ALL night long. This room overlooked the Swimming Hall of Fame, yep 5 nights in a row I watched people swim laps ALL NIGHT LONG,  it's beautiful at night back there. 

I would stay in this hotel before I would stay in the Westin, great vibe, GREAT location, GREAT staff, views of the intercoastal, the marina and those bad ass Yachts... NICE.😎

On 12/21/2020 at 10:30 AM, TTEllis said:

I did that, never planned it. Thanksgiving 2018 I watched "yachts" more like personal cruise ships 😉

Spent 5 nights at the Courtyard Marriott on Seabreeze Blvd, my nice room overlooked the marina and the intercoastal. Those "yachts" are off the chain, Thanksgiving morning I watched the mini cruise ships all morning pulling in and out of they're slips and cruise the intercoastal, it's nice back there. 

Believe it or not, I stayed in this Courtyard Marriott Thanksgiving 2001 it was then a DoubleTree by Marriott, I'm almost positive. 

I also found out by staying in this hotel it's very fashionable in Ft. Lauderdale to swim laps ALL night long. This room overlooked the Swimming Hall of Fame, yep 5 nights in a row I watched people swim laps ALL NIGHT LONG,  it's beautiful at night back there. 

I would stay in this hotel before I would stay in the Westin, great vibe, GREAT location, GREAT staff, views of the intercoastal, the marina and those bad ass Yachts... NICE.😎

Yes, we are the yachting capitol of the world right now.

We sat out on the beach all day yesterday and watched the charters heading to the Bahamas for Christmas and New Years.  We probably saw hundreds go out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 1:09 PM, BlueHerons said:

Yes, we are the yachting capitol of the world right now.

We sat out on the beach all day yesterday and watched the charters heading to the Bahamas for Christmas and New Years.  We probably saw hundreds go out.

It's not just ,"the yachting capital of the world" Ft. Lauderdale the way the intercostal is layed out that place is made for yachts. The marina I walked across the street, had coffee over there, it's really nice and quiet. Water is beautiful, nice people, I'm a tourist and look like one, they know that and are always accommodating. 

Did a deep sea fishing day charter out of there back in 2011, great fun great day. Its kinda expensive but totally worth it. I have to do it again, it's all in the weather nice beautiful day go fishing, from that marina. Everytime 😉