Moving on.......Luxury Cruises: from boom to bust? Channel 4

Harry Peterson

18 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Me too, not for bragging rights but because I have a terrible memory 😂 When considering new cruises I refer to it to see which places we have been to before and which would be maiden ports for us. I also have a record of the price we paid for every cruise, plus I’ve kept every Horizon newspaper, menus etc for every single cruise we’ve been on. We have two ‘memories’ boxes of very special things that we have done thorough our lives, but the cruise memorabilia has a large box of its own! Come the day that we can no longer go anywhere, it will be nice to look back on. Mind you, the way things are going, that day may already be here 😂 

We all do silly things don't we. Every time DW dusts the bedroom she asks ' Do we really need to keep all these old cruise cards '. Memories.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

In actual fact we always have done so wherever we go in the world, never been in a Wetherspoons though.

Sometimes when we go into Waitrose the Manager refers to us a mum and dad. The other staff know he is not being over familiar, or son is allowed to call us that.🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Me too, not for bragging rights but because I have a terrible memory 😂 When considering new cruises I refer to it to see which places we have been to before and which would be maiden ports for us. I also have a record of the price we paid for every cruise, plus I’ve kept every Horizon newspaper, menus etc for every single cruise we’ve been on. We have two ‘memories’ boxes of very special things that we have done thorough our lives, but the cruise memorabilia has a large box of its own! Come the day that we can no longer go anywhere, it will be nice to look back on. Mind you, the way things are going, that day may already be here 😂 

My first job after leaving school was in a travel agent in 1973.

I have always been passionate about travel and read lots of travel brochures over the years.

My old head teacher from primary school travelled all over the world and showed us slides of her travels which I loved.

My late mam and dad first took us to Spain when I was 12 and I have travelled overseas for the next 52 years.

To keep a record of our cruises was a natural thing for me to do because of my personal interest in cruising and not for bragging rights.

Graham.

11 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Shopping is delivered but yes, I chat with my postie who is more than happy to discuss his 7 month old, and my Asda delivery drivers - mostly about their unreasonable customers who always moan!! People are people wherever they may be in the world. Don't you?

our postie like plod out of viz 

5 minutes ago, Kittyonions said:

Fingers crossed Graham that you will be 100% before Pauline gets the Christmas “goodies” ready!

Thank you Kittyonions it's nice of you to post.

I hope you and your family are well and I wish you a very merry Christmas.

Graham.

Same to you Graham, and to all the regular posters on the P & O boards.

Our eldest granddaughter aged 8 has just had a message from school telling her to isolate for 10 days. This will not effect us as we had already been deleted from the Christmas guest list ( tier 4 for us ). However, hope she stays well!

Paula

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kittyonions said:

Same to you Graham, and to all the regular posters on the P & O boards.

Our eldest granddaughter aged 8 has just had a message from school telling her to isolate for 10 days. This will not effect us as we had already been deleted from the Christmas guest list ( tier 4 for us ). However, hope she stays well!

Paula

I hope your granddaughter is okay.

Sorry to hear you are in tier 4 Paula so please stay safe.

Graham.

6 hours ago, po go said:

by they i meant the cruise line , like the savoy hotel programme a non celebrity booked a suite every year and they knew from her booking when coming and told staff to be grovelling , it doesn't take much to sift out repeat bookers where there cabin is , and table is -- yes been ON cruises as said BEFORE'

Unless it is freedom dining so you eat somewhere different every night .........

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Just a small word of advice, given to help your blood pressure. Give up.🤣

I know - I am now all chilled out and trying to work out how to ignore someone. If I delete you all by mistake I will come back as Presto3 😉 (Am only Presto2 as I lost the passwords for one account and had to start again !!!)  Ha ha 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

I know - I am now all chilled out and trying to work out how to ignore someone. If I delete you all by mistake I will come back as Presto3 😉 (Am only Presto2 as I lost the passwords for one account and had to start again !!!)  Ha ha 

Sometimes a new poster seems remarkably similar to one who has gone missing. Just an observation 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, po go said:

do you do it in tesco , wetherspoons etc??

Of course we talk to the staff in Tesco where, before covid, we shopped at least each week and met the same staff frequently. We have noticed the odd shopper who never communicates with the check out staff, and they are definitely in the minority.

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I spent a couple of days during lockdown 1 scanning menus so as to free up a bit of space!

4 hours ago, po go said:

do you do it in tesco , wetherspoons etc??

I do chat to people when I go shopping while being served. I also treat waiters, cabins stewards etc as people regardless of the job they do and as I would like to be treated. Having previously worked in Tescos for more than 20 years customers do like to talk, we get to know them and they get to know us too.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I do chat to people when I go shopping while being served. I also treat waiters, cabins stewards etc as people regardless of the job they do and as I would like to be treated. Having previously worked in Tescos for more than 20 years customers do like to talk, we get to know them and they get to know us too.

When I first met hubby and we were shopping he laughed and asked me, "Do you always talk to everyone when you are shopping?" as he had noticed that I just chat to those around me. That's the way I have been brought up and I don't make any apologies for that. 

• Like 7