When will X be sailing at capacity?

sofietucker

So we watched the Apex video for Power-Up points... Then we looked to see what the capacity of the Edge-class ships is.  Unlike all the other ships--many of which seem to have increased occupancy due to Revolution-izing--that actually give a figure, Celebrity decides to play a little game with us and make us do arithmentic. It lists only "Double Occupancy 2910." Okay... so that's 5820 pax. A hella lotta people for social distancing and all, so of COURSE they will be sailing at reduced capacity once they get their conditional permit. As will all the other ships...

So does anyone know a) at what capacity, perecentage-wise, X ships will likely begin sailing? And b) how long this reduced capacity will last? What is the plan?

Edited by sofietucker
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, sofietucker said:

So we watched the Apex video for Power-Up points... Then we looked to see what the capacity of the Edge-class ships is.  Unlike all the other ships--many of which seem to have increased occupancy due to Revolution-izing--that actually give a figure, Celebrity decides to play a little game with us and make us do arithmentic. It lists only "Double Occupancy 2910." Okay... so that's 5820 pax. A hella lotta people for social distancing and all, so of COURSE they will be sailing at reduced capacity once they get their conditional permit. As will all the other ships...

So does anyone know a) at what capacity, perecentage-wise, X ships will likely begin sailing? And b) how long this reduced capacity will last? What is the plan?

the 2910 is capacity with two to a room. If there are more than two people in the room, the number people sailing goes up above that.

The original plan was to to start with just a couple of ships running with 50-60% capacity, and adjust accordingly  they are. If they start in March, I would be surprised if they are anyway near full capacity by fall. A lot of it depends on how successful the vaccines are.

• Thanks 1

My friend, it has been discussed here on the forum many times - its impossible to have people on board these ships to keep a sufficient distance from each other. Its simply impossible and it wont do any good either both to the business and to people. We cant know for sure whether a person is ill or not and moreover, we dont know the distance for a really sick person to make another one ill 

5 hours ago, Roger88 said:

My friend, it has been discussed here on the forum many times - its impossible to have people on board these ships to keep a sufficient distance from each other. Its simply impossible and it wont do any good either both to the business and to people. We cant know for sure whether a person is ill or not and moreover, we dont know the distance for a really sick person to make another one ill 

Yep, you're correct.  A requirement that everyone onboard be vaccinated is the only answer.

• Like 2

January 2022 could be a possibility for a return to some degree of normalcy. By then everyone who wants the vaccine should have it and the cruise lines will have given plenty of notice that vaccination is required. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sofietucker said:

No one here knows the answers to those questions.  

• Like 1

Oh, but I have very often gotten verifiably correct answers on these boards! There are folks gainfully employed by the various cruise lines who participate here, as well as "civilians" who have access to inside information. There are also some other websites--that "we" don't often have access to--which discuss industry matters, policies, etc. in great detail. Did you know there's a website where they list the crimes that crew on various cruise lines have committed, arrests, etc.? Fascinating stuff. (That one maintains one of the most accurate port schedules too: crew-center.com) So I'm pretty comfortable asking my questions here. ('Course, I've also gotten wildly innaccurate responses from time time... Everyone wants to be an expert, lol.)

Edited by sofietucker
spelling
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 7:44 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

I think you underestimate the knowledge of your CC friends.

Or you underestimate your CC friends who are more than willing to give very definitive answers to questions they have no idea about! But of course that isn’t you or me!!!

Den

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 12/17/2020 at 9:10 AM, PTC DAWG said:

They'll be sailing at 58.69% Capacity and it will last until September 23rd 2021.  

Now you see a perfect example of ‘bad data’!!! I mean, I checked my ‘sources’ and it is In Fact 63.459% and will last until 7 Oct 2021 and then move to 74.489%......this is in no way a put down of our OP, but a very fun cheapshot for PTC. 

We all do wonder what and how cruising will be resumed. I do have a cruise set for Thanksgiving 2021, but only because I’m a dreamer with no idea at all when it will be safe to climb into a large ‘building’ with 2000+ for a week, and I don’t see how cutting the numbers down to 1,000 will decrease the true risk to what at least what I’d accept. I’ll cruise when pretty much most are vaccinated and the number of infections and test positives drop a Great Deal!!

I will change some of my habits such as sneaking around taking sips out of people’s wine glasses when they aren’t looking and such things, but we’ll just see how all of this works out.....much later than now.

Den

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Now you see a perfect example of ‘bad data’!!! I mean, I checked my ‘sources’ and it is In Fact 63.459% and will last until 7 Oct 2021 and then move to 74.489%......this is in no way a put down of our OP, but a very fun cheapshot for PTC. 

Good to see I wasn’t off by much.  I have fired my source. 👍