Access to Eden from Deck 6 stateroom area?

Birdnutty

Hi!  I'm considering booking a stateroom on deck 6 on the Apex, and am wondering if there is a door entering the deck 6 level of Eden from the aft stateroom area.  The design appears to be similar to RCCL's Anthem, with the 270 degree lounge in the aft, to which we found unmarked access doors to the upper level of the lounge.  Does anyone know if the Apex is similar?  Or is the stateroom area completely separated and inaccessible from the Eden Lounge?  Thanks in advance for your help.

We were on EDGE.. SV, deck 7 aft .( EDEN was right  above us) 

To get to EDEN or anywhere, we had to walk to the elevs or  stairway, and then go up or down to the  appropriate deck. We  did not see any hidden or unmarked stairways on 7 to use as a short cut to EDEN or the  EDEN ramp

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hcat said:

6We were on EDGE.. SV, deck 7 aft .( EDEN was right  above us) 

To get to EDEN or anywhere, we had to walk to the elevs or  stairway, and then go up or down to the  appropriate deck. We  did not see any hidden or unmarked stairways on 7 to use as a short cut to EDEN or the  EDEN ramp

I think you meant Eden was below you as Eden is on decks 4, 5 and 6.

My question is, why would anyone want to go to Eden, at least on a regular basis often enough that it would matter if there is a short cut to get there? We had one dinner there on Edge. It was okay. The actors put on a weird performance IMHO, not particularly exciting. The bar is lovely, however.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edgee said:

My question is, why would anyone want to go to Eden, at least on a regular basis often enough that it would matter if there is a short cut to get there? We had one dinner there on Edge. It was okay. The actors put on a weird performance IMHO, not particularly exciting. The bar is lovely, however.

We would go to Eden Cafe for breakfast and/or lunch.  Went to a function there one day, met friends there for drink another afternoon. 

2 hours ago, edgee said:

Because to us, it is a lovely and relaxing area, of course depends on when you go, but we feel it is stunning.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, edgee said:

Agree with the previous two posts. Eden is much more than the dinner/show. It has a good breakfast and very good lunch with the best brownies and chocolate chip cookies onboard. The bar is a more relaxed area vs the Martini Bar. You can actually sit there and converse with other cruisers and the bartenders unlike the way they have ruined (imho) the Martini Bar on Edge. Eden also has an area outside with a few chairs and tables to enjoy your food and drink. 

Edited by RICCruisers
Added more.
  • Like 4

So, Eden is not functioning the same way that the 270 lounge is?  When we were on the Anthem of the Seas, we were in that lounge very frequently, not only for the cafe's food, but Zumba classes, the shows, a great place to just hang out that wasn't quite as busy as other places could be.  Is Eden only a food place and bar?  

When we were on the Anthem, our stateroom was all the way aft on deck 6.  The the upper level of the 270 degree lounge was in the same vicinity.  It was soooo easy to leave our room, escape the elevator crowd, and duck through the unmarked plain doors to that level.  A short trip down the stairs brought us very close to the entrance of the cafe', and into the lounge.  We loved it.  

We liked everything about EDEN other than the silly show.

One day that will be history! They had already removed the  stage area when we went on her a second time.  It is stil popular but in our opinion much  over rated.

There are  musical performers during the day and in the evenings.

Great sea views, quiet little spaces,  interesting art, great cafe  & bar, books to borrow, wooden puzzles, outdoor areas.

Not a zumba kind of place..that would be associated more with the gym.

The Club was also a  nice spot..great aerial show.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hcat said:

We liked everything about EDEN other than the silly show.

One day that will be history! They had already removed the  stage area when we went on her a second time.  It is stil popular but in our opinion much  over rated.

There are  musical performers during the day and in the evenings.

Great sea views, quiet little spaces,  interesting art, great cafe  & bar, books to borrow, wooden puzzles, outdoor areas.

Not a zumba kind of place..that would be associated more with the gym.

The Club was also a  nice spot..great aerial show.

Yes that show is a bit odd and very different, though we are glad we saw it.  EDEN has much to offer, I think for everyone, bar, lounge area, open seating for small groups and amazing views of the sea.  One of the best spots on the ship.  Can't wait to see how they did it on APEX.

On 12/31/2020 at 3:35 PM, edgee said:

We had dinner in Eden in January ‘20, our best meal ever at sea.  It is a great place to go to relax during the day, lunch is very good usually with entertainment and also there is a group playing pre-early dinner in the evening.  The show has evolved over time for sure.

9 minutes ago, Oville said:

We had dinner in Eden in January ‘20, our best meal ever at sea.  It is a great place to go to relax during the day, lunch is very good usually with entertainment and also there is a group playing pre-early dinner in the evening.  The show has evolved over time for sure.

Different opinion here. We cruised Edge mid November 2019 and were impressed with neither the food nor entertainment, but will be eager to give it another try when we cruise Apex next year.

11 minutes ago, edgee said:

Different opinion here. We cruised Edge mid November 2019 and were impressed with neither the food nor entertainment, but will be eager to give it another try when we cruise Apex next year.

one of our fav places for lunch.  The roasted turkey, grilled steak and reuben sandwiches were delicious and daily soup offering were very good as well.  I hope you find it more to your liking when you are on APEX.

12 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

one of our fav places for lunch.  The roasted turkey, grilled steak and reuben sandwiches were delicious and daily soup offering were very good as well.  I hope you find it more to your liking when you are on APEX.

What is the specialty restaurant charge at Eden (if any) for lunch?

19 minutes ago, edgee said:

lunch has no up charge, it's really just sandwiches and such.  Dinner is $$$$ considered a specialty restaurant, I can't recall exact but I think $60+/pp

Edited by LGW59

1 hour ago, edgee said:
1 hour ago, edgee said:

If you want a real treat try Le Bistro for lunch. If I recall it’s $20.

Edited by Oville

The show is kinda silly, although I do think it has some potential. It was sort of interactive with a weird tribelike feel.   Some of them reminded me of Game of Thrones.    I sailed in July 2019 and the lunch area didn't open all week.  I'm not really sure why,  Having said that, Eden was one of our favorite places on the ship.  We found it quiet in the day, a relaxing place to sit with a drink and stare out to sea.  Dinner there was also one of our favorite meals on the trip....perhaps of any cruise we've been on.  I believe it was a $60 cover so it should be good.   Can't wait to go back someday. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 10:33 PM, LGW59 said:

Loved the home made cookies and deserts there too!

• 2 years later...

Am I to assume that the  deck plans on Celebrity site that  looks like you can access a ramp and make your way down to Eden from Deck 6 is incorrect?

The topic seems to have diverted to a personal preference discussion. I have not been on the Edge  and am on deck 6. Eden looks quite interesting  regardless and if we can get there without the elevator and what appears a curved ramp full of aft facing windows...cool and I hope there is a way to do that.

Maybe a bit trivial , but thought I'd ask some savvy cruisers.

Thanks

P.S are there  any hidden gems of interesting off the radar spots on the Edge that others could share? (I guess passengers wouldn't want to share their hidden finds would they lol)

Curious and  excited for the upcoming cruise

23 hours ago, tusconcam said:

Am I to assume that the  deck plans on Celebrity site that  looks like you can access a ramp and make your way down to Eden from Deck 6 is incorrect?

The topic seems to have diverted to a personal preference discussion. I have not been on the Edge  and am on deck 6. Eden looks quite interesting  regardless and if we can get there without the elevator and what appears a curved ramp full of aft facing windows...cool and I hope there is a way to do that.

Maybe a bit trivial , but thought I'd ask some savvy cruisers.

Thanks

P.S are there  any hidden gems of interesting off the radar spots on the Edge that others could share? (I guess passengers wouldn't want to share their hidden finds would they lol)

Curious and  excited for the upcoming cruise

On 4/24/2023 at 11:28 AM, Forecheck said:

Regarding the Original Question - Is there direct  access from the Deck 6 cabins to the Eden Area ?

From deck 6 you will need to take the mid stairs or elevator down to deck 5 to get to the entrance of Eden. The ramp is to get up to additional seating with a great view looking out the windows. Apex and Beyond are configured the same way. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1