Lots of Carnival ships at CDC GREEN!

BlerkOne

2 hours ago, quattrohead said:

Always Cruzin, google "CDC order from October" 3rd hit is the PDF.

First section on page 28 has a note 18.

Note 18 on the bottom of the page details the 60 day wait.

Sorry can't copy/paste as its a protected document.

I don't see Note 18 as a requirement

18 These materials should be submitted at least 60 calendar days prior to the date on which the cruise ship operator proposes to commence restricted passenger operations.

Looks like just documentation and nothing about volunteer sailings taking place.

We are all suffering from COVID fatigue and the vaccines promise a safe and welcome change to "back to normal".  Hope for safe travel and cruising has increased with the anticipated vax rollout.

However, at least in my area of SW Florida, the vaccine distribution plan has been poorly thought out and is much more of an issue than our planners have predicted.

Now, some are saying that one shot may be all that a person can get (it's better than none, they say), or perhaps only a half dose could suffice to make twice as many vax recipients (something is better than nothing). At least Fauci has said these are bad ideas based on bean counting and expediency, not medicine and science..

Even though the vaccine was widely anticipated, it seems that its distribution to the public was based on fairy tale thinking.  When seniors camped out overnight in mile long lines, an official said on TV that she had no idea so many people would be interested in getting it.  

If these failures continue, I'm afraid our return to "normal" or safe cruising will not be possible anytime in 2021.

Edited by evandbob
  • Like 3

On 1/4/2021 at 6:10 PM, evandbob said:

However, at least in my area of SW Florida, the vaccine distribution plan has been poorly thought out and is much more of an issue than our planners have predicted.

Some states are doing better, requiring you to have an appointment, drive though vaccines, etc. The supply is still lacking.

They have been red for some time.  Am betting its because they are not high on the list being as they are not sailing out of Miami or Canaveral.  Mardi Gras is still in Barcelona taking on crew so it probably wont hit the list for a few more weeks until quarantines have been completed.

18 hours ago, CruiseHealing said:

The updated list of CDC Cruise Ship “Commercial Travel Allowed has just been updated (every Tuesday).  Carnival Dream, Elation, Glory and Miracle are red and have not met the CDC requirements at this time. Also Mardi Gras is not listed. 

sorry forgot to quote this in my reply above

25 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Green is not all that is needed. So far only Mexico and another place is allowing ships to dock and let off passengers. No where to go is the major problem right now. Not if the ships can sail. That is certainly another question though.

Private Islands might be an option.

5 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Private Islands might be an option.

Private islands would still need to meet the requirements of the country.  The Bahamas requires testing in line with what the CDC requires for the Conditional Sailing Certificate, and a "health visa".

Once you receive both vaccines the first and the second. You will receive a card indicating you received them. Wonder if you will just need that card or would they requirer you still get tested within 5 days of boarding. You may not enter another country for several days. Let's say you get tested on a Tuesday and your cruise starts that Saturday. The next day is then past 5 days. What then? Get tested on the ship?

On 12/30/2020 at 4:54 PM, stellarose said:

it should automatically be green. no one has been on it. fingers crossed. 

From what I've seen, once construction starts a ship is never without humans crawling all over it.

8 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Private islands would still need to meet the requirements of the country.  The Bahamas requires testing in line with what the CDC requires for the Conditional Sailing Certificate, and a "health visa".

Not all are in the Bahamas, and I imagine waivers might be possible. It would make it easier for the cruise line to limit possible exposure to covid and increase chances of a successful cruise. I see it as a win-win and money talks,

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Not all are in the Bahamas, and I imagine waivers might be possible. It would make it easier for the cruise line to limit possible exposure to covid and increase chances of a successful cruise. I see it as a win-win and money talks,

But the Bahamas are the most "progressive" for cruise tourists so far.  And I would think that a country like the Bahamas that completely shut their borders for months would not wish to  grant a waiver and have their citizens in potential contact with passengers who might or might not be contagious.

Even if you have taken the vaccine, and had an antibody test to indicate protection, and carry government approved proof you can still be sloughing off the virus. That is why people who are vaccinated should continue to wear a mask and follow distancing and hygiene instructions.

So even those vaccinated should be tested when required for travel.

3 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

But the Bahamas are the most "progressive" for cruise tourists so far.  And I would think that a country like the Bahamas that completely shut their borders for months would not wish to  grant a waiver and have their citizens in potential contact with passengers who might or might not be contagious.

I think the contagion fear factor is more likely in the other direction. Cruise ships dollars are/were a significant portion of the Bahamas GNP. Land based tourists are likely a higher risk to the Bahamas, given the absurd hurdles cruise ships are having to jump through.