Hotels in. Venice

floridababa

Hi @floridababa,

Here is the link to an excellent source of information regarding Venice - it lists the hotels closest to the people mover (Piazzale Roma) along with other excellent tips.

https://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/10-hotels-near-airport-buses.htm

We have stayed in the following during various visits: Ca Doge, Santa Chiara, Olimpia & Arlecchino - we found all four properties just fine for our needs and they are all very close to the the people mover. We have also stayed at hotels that are not near Piazzale Roma - these tended to be our favorites but none can be reached by land taxi.

Edited by dogs4fun
  • Like 1

A few years back we stayed at a small hotel facing the canal by the Rialto bridge. As we are a little older we do not want to drag suitcases and so when we disembark our ship we want easy access to hotel.

I did look into Santa Chiara which says they have land taxi available.

Prices sure have gone up.

We have stayed at the Olimpia, AC Hotel (Marriott), and Papadopoli. All near Piazzale Roma with the bus/taxi stand and the people mover. Would recommend all of them. Papadopoli is very nice but can be expensive. AC Hotel is only a few years old and modern. Olimpia is more traditional with wonderful staff.

Actually,  I would suggest somewhere reachable by water taxi,  they can come close to the ship.  We had great luck at the Ala hotel,  a flat walk from the water bus, on a canal that the water taxi can pick you up from and drop you at the ship.  Great location between Rialto and San Marco.  Very easy! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Actually,  I would suggest somewhere reachable by water taxi,  they can come close to the ship.  We had great luck at the Ala hotel,  a flat walk from the water bus, on a canal that the water taxi can pick you up from and drop you at the ship.  Great location between Rialto and San Marco.  Very easy! 

We stayed at the Hotel Ala a few years ago.  Easy access from the Alilaguna (Orange line I think) from the airport.

Nice breakfast included. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Another vote for Hotel Olimpia.  There is a YouTube video showing how to get from the bus parking (from the airport) to the hotel.  You cross just 1 bridge.  It was an amazing hotel for us....hundreds of years old, but had everything we needed, and a large bathroom.  On embarkation day, you just trace your steps back to the bus parking lot, and the people mover is on the other side.  So easy!  And no problems with the luggage.  There are great restaurants for dinner in the area.

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed at 2 different hotels before........The Bauer Palazzo and Antique Al Figure. I would

recommend either one. The Bauer is more $$$$ but really lovely.  Al Figure is more reasonably

priced near the Grand Canal.  The Bauer is what most would consider a luxury property. 

Al Figure is more of a Pensione style property. I would stay at either one again.

I love Venice and want to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The OP specifically asked for hotels reachable by land taxi and many of the recommendations do not meet that specific requirement.  I do agree that the Best Western Olimpia is a good option.  Another much smaller place we have really enjoyed is on the other side of the P. Roma (near the entrance to the People Mover which takes folks to the cruise port) and called Ca Doge!  Ca Doge reminds me of a B&B, is charming, but does not have an elevator.

Hank

8 hours ago, BVILady said:

Having quite some luggage for a long cruise the people mover does not look like an option to me. Is there a possibility to get from Santa Chiara to the cruise dock by taxi? Thanks in advance.

There is a taxi stand at Piazzale Roma. I thought it was around 20 Euro for the taxi as we took our luggage to the taxi stand rather than have the hotel call a porter. 

We prefer a taxi over the people mover with lots of luggage. Also it is a long walk from where the people mover drops off by the port to the ship. They say there is a free shuttle to the ship, but we have never seen it.

• Like 1