Will Grandeur Be Sailing out of Barbardos in 2022 ?

1 hour ago, Valdosta traveler said:

Great looking itineraries, however I'd book cruise and flights as refundable.

Unless the CDC relaxes their guidance by then, and hopefully they will. Getting back into the US will require a negative Covid which could complicate the the return to the US.

Just a thought!

this cruise is in 401 days.  I am pretty sure that negative covid tests will be a memory with the rollout of vaccine.  

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 6:35 AM, OHCruisinDad said:

I jumped on CP and booked an aft JS around 1230 on Wednesday when I saw the announcement on Vicki's weekly travel advisors webinar.  Got a great rate for a really interesting new itinerary.  When I booked, there were already a fair number of booked/unavailable cabins.  Part of the announcement is that Royal has partnered with several airlines to add capacity on Sundays for the Barbados departures.  As noted above, the ship will depart at 10 PM which gives more time for same day flights. Fares are only available 11 months out so just becoming available for the first December sailings.

Hi Mac

What sailing have you booked, we've booked the 14 night sailing leaving on February 20 2022.

Hope you, Jane and your family are all well and safe    xx

On 1/14/2021 at 6:03 AM, livingonthebeach said:

I just saw RCI will be offering this itinerary from Barbados as well:

7 Night “Southern Caribbean Explorer” with stops at Scarborough, Tobago; Port of Spain, Trinidad; St. George’s, Grenada; Kingstown, St. Vincent; Roseau, Dominica; and Castries, St. Lucia.

will be looking into this further. 

Just booked a suite on this one leaving January 30.  We have direct flights from Charlotte for just around $500 so not too bad.  Going to fly in a couple of days early as we love Barbados.  I was planning to hold out until the itinerary for January 9 was released because that week is my 50th birthday, but going to go on a more local cruise so more people can sail for my actual 50th then take this one for me!

I've been to Bridgetown, Dominica and Grenada before, but St. Lucia and T&T are bucket list ports.

On 1/14/2021 at 6:40 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Also mentioned on that call was within 2 months you would be able to book flights through A2S  for the listed cruises through to April....more than 11 months out.  

On 1/14/2021 at 4:49 PM, molly361 said:

No non stop flights from Orlando  Guess I'm not going😇

In addition to coordinating flights with several airlines, the TA webinar on Wednesday indicated that Royal will have charter flights our of MIA to Barbados on departure Sundays.  There was no mention of costs but this may help get everyone to the ship since the ship will not sail until 10 PM, allowing day of flight arrivals.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 8:08 PM, EllaDuChien said:

Just booked a suite on this one leaving January 30.  We have direct flights from Charlotte for just around $500 so not too bad.  Going to fly in a couple of days early as we love Barbados.  I was planning to hold out until the itinerary for January 9 was released because that week is my 50th birthday, but going to go on a more local cruise so more people can sail for my actual 50th then take this one for me!

I've been to Bridgetown, Dominica and Grenada before, but St. Lucia and T&T are bucket list ports.

We love Barbados too.  I'm excited for this cruise as we have never been to Dominica, T&T and St. Vincent.  

We love st lucia, been there a couple times and my brother got married there.  I was in Grenada in 2018 or 19 and cannot remember what we did.  I know I bought a bunch of spices home.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 8:32 PM, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I am all booked on the 14 night Ultimate Caribbean.  Got an inside guarantee at a fantastic price for a solo.  My TA was told that I can add flights in April but will need to fly to Mainland Great Britain from Ireland as they are only offering from Manchester and London.

But as long as I am on a cruise...in the Caribbean...I don't care!!

If anyone is setting up a Roll Call for the 14 nighter, please post the link 🙂

Hi  Clodagh 

just a little help TUI flights from the UK to Barbados are Sunday,s and leave around 10am to join the MARELLA ship at Bridgtown it would be ideal coming across Saturday staying overnight either Manchester or Gatwick the flight is about 9 hours and arrive,s  about 2 30 pm  Barbados time and Taxi is about 45 mins, i hope this helps enjoy your cruise on the Grandeur, as i said she will be a lovely size for the Caribbean.

• Thanks 1

The itineraries looks really amazing for that price, and Barbados in itself seems like an awesome destination (hopefully they will lift the isolation requirement if you've been vaccinated).

Me and my girlfriend can't decide between the 7 Night deep southern Caribbean cruise and the 7 Night Southern Caribbean Explorer itinerary. We are mostly looking for nice beaches, but would like at least one stop with a beautiful jungle/rainforest hiking trail and preferably one stop with something else adventurous, like kayaking or snorkeling. Shopping, cuisine and strolling in towns is not on top of our priority list even though Oranjestad looks really beautiful. Seems like both itineraries would fit our requirements. Any inputs or recommendations? 🙂

3 hours ago, MrMeatballs said:

The itineraries looks really amazing for that price, and Barbados in itself seems like an awesome destination (hopefully they will lift the isolation requirement if you've been vaccinated).

Me and my girlfriend can't decide between the 7 Night deep southern Caribbean cruise and the 7 Night Southern Caribbean Explorer itinerary. We are mostly looking for nice beaches, but would like at least one stop with a beautiful jungle/rainforest hiking trail and preferably one stop with something else adventurous, like kayaking or snorkeling. Shopping, cuisine and strolling in towns is not on top of our priority list even though Oranjestad looks really beautiful. Seems like both itineraries would fit our requirements. Any inputs or recommendations? 🙂

If you are looking for something adventurous then pick the itinerary with Dominica.  One if the most underdeveloped islands in the Caribbean that does a lot of ecotourism. We did a river rafting adventure there that had some decent rapids and our guide mentioned that they have a river for every day of the year 

5 hours ago, MrMeatballs said:

There’s a couple different itineraries for both of those ships. I highly suggest the Dominica itinerary on Grandeur. 

We just switched from the Explorer out of San Juan to the Grandeur out of Barbados and are excited to go back to Dominica. 
Dominica was our favorite port 5 years ago when we stopped there. We did the “Lost World” excursion through Royal and are thinking of booking it again for Feb 2022. We road in the back of a 4by4 Jurassic Park style vehicle and as our guide said we would be in the rainforest in 100 feet he counted down, the temp dropped 20 degrees and it started raining lightly right as we officially entered the rainforest. Swimming in the gorge was amazing too. 

We weren’t fans of St Kitts and St Croix so that factored into our switching also. 

We are flying in early to Barbados to be able to spend time there also, since 2 years ago we did the pirate ship and didn’t have time to do anything else. It’s like an extra port. 

I haven’t been to Bonaire but family have said it’s the best snorkeling you’ll find. 

St. Maarten is good for just renting chairs from a beach bar and hanging at the beach. 

St. Thomas has one of the top beaches in the world, Magen’s Bay, but I’ve heard it is crowded and there’s a fee to get in there now. 

You can look through Royal’s excursions on their website to get an idea of what you may like to do and choose an itinerary that way. 

I had booked a junior suite on the Dec 5th sailing, but after seeing it is the first cruise on this itinerary decided to push it back to one of the April 2022 dates. Would rather see any kinks worked out by then 🙂 I'm also hoping things will be better with islands opened up and some restrictions lifted for testing coming back from Barbados but will just have to wait and see. A lot still uncertain right now. My husband and I love to cruise and also are avid divers and love diving liveaboards. This darn pandemic has really put a kink in our adventures lol.