Proposal: Buy drink package = allowed to bring your own booze

alanstarr

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

What is the point?. Just smash the drinks package and get yourself into profit. I drunk more on Indy then I paid for the cruise and package and on NCL Gem and Pearl. More on the Gem then the 26 night christmas package cost me.

How do you profit on a drink package, get drinks and resell them?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

How do you profit on a drink package, get drinks and resell them?

Sadly not. No but you can drink a hell of a lot if you want to do that as it has all been paid for. And you can drink  the value of the drinks package and then some and some people. I always do. What does Royal charge for drinks package. Lets say 100 bucks. Drink more than 100 bucks a days worth and you are in profit no? I would not have drunk anything like as much on the Indy, Pearl or Gem if I had to pay for it every time.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Sadly not. No but you can drink a hell of a lot if you want to do that as it has all been paid for. And you can drink  the value of the drinks package and then some and some people. I always do. What does Royal charge for drinks package. Lets say 100 bucks. Drink more than 100 bucks a days worth and you are in profit no? I would not have drunk anything like as much on the Indy, Pearl or Gem if I had to pay for it every time.

Have you been practicing and posting?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Fuzzy math

Considering how drunk I was getting every night it certainly was. I am certain the value of my total drinks bill was more than the drinks package. Hell more than the cruise itself. So they made no money on me then did they? There is some drinking going on NCL and Royal ships. People get carried out of the club in wheelchairs because they can't walk.

6 hours ago, Roybthered said:

The problem you will have is that some may give the drinks to others who do not have the drinks package and that in RCL's eyes will be lost revenue for them!

This might happen already 🥂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jarmo said:

ace, how much do you think a drink costs Royal?

Probably not a lot they probably get really good bulk buying discount from the wholesaler for the volume of the order and they need it as well with the amount of drinking going on.

7 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Nothing to see over here!

Message forwarded to Royal Caribbean dude.🤣🤣. I have seen it done on the Gem. But that bliss club is deep people walked in with drink from the main atrium bar and gave it to someone else and that happened over and over again. The staff just never clocked it. 

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

On some lines you can. We have got a bottle of Drambuie onboard QM2 through the x-ray machine in the carry one bag at Southampton. Security must have seen it on the x-ray there is no way they couldn't see it.  And it has never been an issue. And I have been gone back to the cabin to get my a father and drink and he has drunk it in the Chart Room bar with staff walking round and the staff have never noticed. It is long rumoured that people drink in the cabin on Cunard. 

But on Royal if they catch you smuggling drink onboard you get kicked off the ship with no refund don't you? That is what I have heard. And if they catch you sharing drinks package they cancel it keep the money and you pay for every drink? Is that also true.

No & no

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Profit is when you gain more than you paid. If you paid, say $100, you would have to get more than that in cash for it to be a profit. How much you drank has nothing to do with it. No matter how much , they’ll never lose money on you since they pay a whole lot less than they sell it for. In the case of domestic beer, or soda, they sell it for over 10 times, with tip that I can buy it on sale, plus tax.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Profit is when you gain more than you paid. If you paid, say $100, you would have to get more than that in cash for it to be a profit. How much you drank has nothing to do with it. No matter how much , they’ll never lose money on you since they pay a whole lot less than they sell it for. In the case of domestic beer, or soda, they sell it for over 10 times, with tip that I can buy it on sale, plus tax.

Not to mention although it says unlimited drinks, I have seen Royal cut people off if they drank way too much. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ace2542 said:

What is the point?. Just smash the drinks package and get yourself into profit. I drunk more on Indy then I paid for the cruise and package and on NCL Gem and Pearl. More on the Gem then the 26 night christmas package cost me.

The point in the OP is that Royal don't have the drinks they enjoy, not that they're not able to pound away as many drinks as they want. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I would love this option. There are times when I just want to pour a drink in my cabin and relax. I don't want to have to walk to the nearest bar to get a drink. Sometimes I want to have TWO drinks and relax. Again, I don't want to have to walk to a bar. If I carry 2 from the bar, one of them gets watered down by the time I'm ready to drink it. I'll pay the price of the drink package, just let me have a bottle of my own in my cabin.

It's never going to change that the rule breakers spoil it for the rest of us.

I haven't read through the thread so this may have been answered but Royal does sell bottles for cabin consumption, so one could buy one or two of those for the cruise. If your drink of choice is a standard mixed drink ask the bartender to make one without ice and when you are ready to consume it add ice from your ice bucket (or get a glass of ice when you get your drinks).

And as for the original question the fact that Royal does sell bottles for cabin consumption means they don't want the competition of people bringing their own bottle onboard.

3 hours ago, Smiles1984 said:

The point in the OP is that Royal don't have the drinks they enjoy, not that they're not able to pound away as many drinks as they want. 

Then he must be quite picky. I seem to recall seeing a wide selection of Whiskey including many American brands. I seem to recall on the Indy it was 13 bucks covered or 14 even and you pay every dollar over. So if his brand if 15 bucks. He pays 2?

Edited by ace2542

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

With all the drinking you claim to do, how could one remember all the brands available?  😂😂😂

I am not that bad 😈. All I know is never paid any excess I think it was either 12 or 13 per drink isn't. I was drinking 12 buck cocktail you will know they are called vodka peach snapps midori orange and grapefruit juice maybe not grapefruit. Didn't cost more than 12. Neither did the wine rose. They have good wine.  I don't think a rusty nail went over the limit either.

The site of 5 old men 70 plus my dad among them in the sailors bar the bar like the yacht sailors bar isn't it? The site of them polishing off a bottle of Drambuie and bottle of Glenfiddich for rusty nail in an like an hour an half or something like that is something that will stay with me forever. They don't drink that bad on the away team soccer buses 

5 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I am not that bad 😈. All I know is never paid any excess I think it was either 12 or 13 per drink isn't. I was drinking 12 buck cocktail you will know they are called vodka peach snapps midori orange and grapefruit juice maybe not grapefruit. Didn't cost more than 12. Neither did the wine rose. They have good wine.  I don't think a rusty nail went over the limit either.

The site of 5 old men 70 plus my dad among them in the sailors bar the bar like the yacht sailors bar isn't it? The site of them polishing off a bottle of Drambuie and bottle of Glenfiddich for rusty nail in an like an hour an half or something like that is something that will stay with me forever. They don't drink that bad on the away team soccer buses 

Sounds like the UK has a drinking problem. 😎

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Then he must be quite picky. I seem to recall seeing a wide selection of Whiskey including many American brands.

There is a nice selection of scotch's, but I would like to see a better selection of higher end bourbons but I know that will probably not happen.

• Like 2