Suite Class Benefits

It's been a while (for everyone!), so I'm trying to remember the particulars, and shocking is it may be, The Royal website isn't all the helpful!

Suite benefits on Symphony or any Oasis Class for that matter:  namely Suite sun deck and Suite lounge/restaurant.  What are the qualifiers?  

Am I correct that Junior Suite does not give access to these?

Is it all other suites? Grand and above?

Does status give access (diamond plus/Pinnacle) to either of these?

Thanks for your help!

Grand suites and above for access to the suite lounge CK and suite sun deck.  Pinnacle as well unless that changes with the new social distance stuff.  JS has access to CK for dinner only if available but who knows if that will still be the case once they start sailing again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were pretty unaware of what we were doing on our Ovation cruise in 2019. It was our first return to Royal after Disney cruising and land vacations for 20 years. We didn't even know about the suite sun deck. We were in two JS, and when we stumbled upon the suite deck towards the end of the cruise, our keys allowed us up there. Literally no one else was up there while we were there. We enjoyed it for a couple hours.

Whenever we have gone to the suite deck, which I admit I don't do often very few if any people

were there.  Even though we could utilize it, I personally never found it exciting.  I prefer to

be closer to the pool for a dip now and then.  Just my personal preference.

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Thanks. I genuinely tried to find that and had no luck.

I appreciate the help. I am on the fence about a loft vs Grand on Symphony next year.  Loft is a little more than double and the only added benefit is the room and location.  But, what a room and location.

Interesting how often I hear about the suite sun deck being underutilized. We LOVED it and used it all the time.  Yes, it's farther from the pool. But it's literally less than a minute and so relaxing.  That's probably the biggest appeal.  Although, it was awful nice in the loft to just walk down to the suite lounge to get a drink!

Not that crazy about rccl suite perks compared to other lines (celebrity and MSc) suite sun deck on oasis is just to far from pool, suite lounge is ok but with cheap wine, dinner in CK is nothing special after two nights we had rest of our dinners in specialty but liked it for breakfast and lunch.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Not that crazy about rccl suite perks compared to other lines (celebrity and MSc) suite sun deck on oasis is just to far from pool, suite lounge is ok but with cheap wine, dinner in CK is nothing special after two nights we had rest of our dinners in specialty but liked it for breakfast and lunch.

But for those who aren't versed in suite life on the more premium lines, RC's suite perks are many levels above its price point competitors.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

But for those who aren't versed in suite life on the more premium lines, RC's suite perks are many levels above its price point competitors.

I wouldn’t say msc is more premium than rccl cost for my MSc yacht club was about same as Grand suite on oasis, but perks were a lot better. Still love rccl for its entertainment and there actual suites are very nice, wish they would improve perks. Pool seating for suites on freedom class we much nicer since it’s only a few feet from pool.

12 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Way better than Carnival, not so much better than NCL or MSC.  Different than NCL and MSC but each have their pros and cons. One issue for Royal is that the suite perks are very inconsistent across the fleet.   

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Way better than Carnival, not so much better than NCL or MSC.  Different than NCL and MSC but each have their pros and cons. One issue for Royal is that the suite perks are very inconsistent across the fleet.   

Yes, big difference between ship classes. So bizarre that Internet is only included for suites on Oasis-or Quantum-class ships. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Yes, big difference between ship classes. So bizarre that Internet is only included for suites on Oasis-or Quantum-class ships. 

Even between O and Q class - O class has complimentary beer and wine 11am to 11pm, Q class does not.  Really?  WTH?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Another thing was for a while we had lunch in a specialty restaurants on freedom and voyager class but that disappeared. Love that all celebrity ships have a suite restaurant with better service and food than rccl. 

21 minutes ago, George C said:

Another thing was for a while we had lunch in a specialty restaurants on freedom and voyager class but that disappeared. Love that all celebrity ships have a suite restaurant with better service and food than rccl. 

Yes, things change. We were on Mariner out of Miami in 2019, and they had an embarkation lunch in the MDR for suites and Pinnacles. But then that was stopped. Too bad, it was nice. Now you need to buy the Key to get embarkation lunch. 

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Haven't tried other lines mentioned above in a Suite but I can say Celebrity's Suite restaurant, Luminae, is IMHO heads above CK on Royal and their Retreat Sun Deck is amazing with a pool/hot tub & bar. Picture shows Sun Deck on EDGE.

Celebrity Suite Class Benefits

Suite Sundeck EDGE.jpg

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Haven't tried other lines mentioned above in a Suite but I can say Celebrity's Luminae restaurant is IMHO heads above CK on Royal and their Retreat Sun Deck is amazing with a pool/hot tub & bar. Picture shows Sun Deck on EDGE.

Celebrity Suite Class Benefits

Suite Sundeck EDGE.jpg

MSC yacht club outside area looks very similar