More Cancellations

DCCruiser57

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a matter of time before they cancel, I'm sure. We were on the May 28th Shadow cruise but we canceled just before the 120 day mark for a refund. They refunded the fare earlier this week.

We're still holding on to our May 28 Shadow booking and I sadly have to agree that it's probably just a matter of time before they cancel. Until I receive the cancellation notice though, I'm going to live with a (small) glimmer of hope that maybe they're just holding bookings to keep the "reduced capacity." Please don't rain on my small parade with things like common sense. 

We are due to go June 22nd ..... I was considering being optimistic but now I am considering my options. 
In some ways it would be better if SS cancelled as no one knows just what travel restrictions will be in place and there are so many variables.

Annoyingly the same cruise next year, on very similar dates, is far more expensive ... even allowing for the $1000 obc on this years.

We shall see .... 

1 hour ago, geekgirl23 said:

We're still holding on to our May 28 Shadow booking and I sadly have to agree that it's probably just a matter of time before they cancel. Until I receive the cancellation notice though, I'm going to live with a (small) glimmer of hope that maybe they're just holding bookings to keep the "reduced capacity." Please don't rain on my small parade with things like common sense. 

I hear you - and sorry. I miss travel so much!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, geekgirl23 said:

Maybe if I don't check my email (or look at these boards) it can't get canceled? 

That's exactly right!  Especially if it's a cruise to Africa for ostrich viewing...  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2021 at 5:18 PM, geekgirl23 said:

Maybe if I don't check my email (or look at these boards) it can't get canceled? 

Ugh.. I made the unfortunate mistake of checking my email today and saw the unofficial news from my TA about cancellation. Why didn't I leave my head in the sand? 

On 3/6/2021 at 8:38 PM, Grand Cru said:

Not heard anything yet on our around the uk on 31st May yet.🤞

Cruises starting and ending in the UK will be permitted from May 17th according to this announcement .....

“In a parliamentary committee meeting on March 8, Minister for Aviation and Maritime Robert Courts confirmed that the cruise industry would be included as part of the resumption of domestic tourism and indoor hospitality. The minister said the earliest date for the resumption would be May 17 and it is believed that there will continue to be limitations and health protocols. No target date, however, was set for the resumption of international travel.”

So if you are already in the UK it looks good, however if you are flying in from another country  it’s much less clear. April 12th is a key date for news on international travel

6 hours ago, 57 varieties said:

The Silversea website is showing cruises from June from the British Isles, all the May ones have disappeared.  I hear those with bookings in May were emailed yesterday to cancel.

Sad but maybe it’s a crewing issue if some nations can’t travel to the UK in time 🤔 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 9:27 AM, etual324 said:

Yet at the same time Italy is experiencing a surge in Covid cases.  It appears they will at least shut the country down for the Easter weekend period.   https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2021-03-12/italy-to-impose-nationwide-coronavirus-lockdown-over-easter-weekend-draft-decree  Seems to me travel within, to, and from the EU is going to be problematic for at least the next few months.   

• Thanks 1

I have just checked our cruise for 22 June. The cruise is still shown as sailing on that date but there are no “fares from” showing on the home page and all suite descriptions and fares have disappeared? 
I wonder if this is to stop any further bookings to keep a reduced capacity for sailing or a pre-emptive strike before the next set of cancellations?

8 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

I have just checked our cruise for 22 June. The cruise is still shown as sailing on that date but there are no “fares from” showing on the home page and all suite descriptions and fares have disappeared? 
I wonder if this is to stop any further bookings to keep a reduced capacity for sailing or a pre-emptive strike before the next set of cancellations?

Not looking good ... I wouldn't hold my breath for this one. 🤔