October 2022

MMfan14

I have two cruises booked for 2022, one in May and one in August.   I took advantage of a low deposit special on NCL, in order to have as little money as possible tied up in these uncertain times.

My August 2021 Carnival cruise, booked before the pandemic, just got canceled, and I am currently debating between a refund and re-booking for 2022, which would mean moving one of the 2022  ones to 2023.    

Even if I can get the vaccine soon, I worry about the situation in Europe, where my 2022 cruises are, whether or not the port cities want cruise passengers, how the onboard experience will be changed, whether the cruise lines will keep juggling ships and itineraries to meet the unknown demand, and how the major cruise lines will weather the economic devastation they must be enduring.     

I like having cruises to look forward to, but I am balancing that against how much money I want tied up in deposits.  And I only book with refundable deposits.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMfan14 said:

I'm contemplating booking a cruise for October 2022. Has anyone else book cruises that far out yet? I'm hoping the world will be back to normal by then. 

We booked a NCL cruise on their newest ship, the Encore last year for January of 2023 and when bookings opened up for the Celebration, we booked a 5 day as a side by side prior to our Encore sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

We have one of the Sailabration cruises booked in March, 2022. If the country isn't back up & running by then, it'll be like a Mad Max movie out there.

We are also on a sailabration for February 2022

2 hours ago, MMfan14 said:

I'm contemplating booking a cruise for October 2022. Has anyone else book cruises that far out yet? I'm hoping the world will be back to normal by then. 

Sure! Even have a B2B booked for February 2023 and the Panorama for April 2023.

Far out booking gets you great prices plus a choice of the best cabins.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 10:52 AM, MMfan14 said:

Mardi Gras May of 2022. She will still be almost brand new

• Like 1

Had an amazing "All in Australia" offer that only required a minimal deposit and was able to choose a 9-day Great Barrier Reef cruise in an aft-extended balcony for April 2023!! 

I also have an Alaska cruise booked on HAL Koningsdam for May 2022.

I booked the Panorama in a Havana inside for Sept 2021 as a solo getaway but not too confident I'll be on that one, even if it does sail.  All depends on the travel restrictions in place at home here in Canada. Quarantine for 2 weeks after vacation doesn't work for me (or my job!) haha

Edited by ehyup71

On 2/6/2021 at 9:06 AM, EllieinNJ said:

We bbooked a R/T Panama Canal out of Baltinore for October 2022 

We just chose to book this October cruise as well. The price for 14 days is similar to a lot of 7 day cruise prices!  Only 4 ports with 8 sea days... a lot of sea days but both  Redfrog and Blue Iguana and a drink package should help me pass the time lol.  We've done super sized ships for a while, so looking forward to a the smaller Legend this time.  It's been some time since we cruised Carnival.

• Like 1

we are booked in april 2022, october 2022 and march 2023. hopefully all is back in operation by those dates. we have had 2 canceled and are pretty sure nothing will happen this year so went out to those dates and keeping fingers crossed.

Edited by volfan22701