First Timers MSC - Divina & YC lots of help needed!

dizzyc

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Correct.  At least as far back as 2008 then they paused it for a couple years then resumed again.

We looked at a cruise on Norwegian Epic for July 2017 and they had embarkation/disembarkation in Barcelona and Civitavecchia. The price was too high so we tried the brand new MSC Meraviglia instead and saved $3000 and that was absolutely a better value for money.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

We looked at a cruise on Norwegian Epic for July 2017 and they had embarkation/disembarkation in Barcelona and Civitavecchia. The price was too high so we tried the brand new MSC Meraviglia instead and saved $3000 and that was absolutely a better value for money.

Right, I want to say Epic might have been the first ship to do the multi stops in the Med after the pause.  They have had three ports of embarkation usually.  When we were on Gem it included Malta.  A whopping 10 folks it appeared.

Eating breakfast there we see a submarine gently go by.  Seems for NCL the other ports are limited for Haven rooms and same for YC.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Actually, I think micky89 has made a number of very valid points - and his opinion deserves to be here just as much as anyone else's - remember, you always have the option to scroll on by; you do not need to start a lynching party just because his experience is different to yours.

He clearly stated that YC is a great choice if MSC fits your requirements. He has stated that food in Butchers Cut is excellent.

He believes that the price for YC is getting too expensive - I agree.

He believes the smell of cigarette smoke is often overpowering - I agree.

He believes the lack of shade on the sundecks he's been on is limited - I agree its limited on most.

He believes the quality of food in YC is poor - I certainly agree it's hardly better than main restaurant.

He believes entertainment is poor - compared to US cruise lines it certainly is poor.

He believes the constant changeover of guests and tannoys etc is annoying - I agree in the Med.

He believes MSC have behaved badly during the pandemic - I agree to a point there also.

It is impossible - well certainly not enjoyable - for a poster to feel obliged to clarify and quantify every statement they make so we all have to take what people say as that persons feeling and experience.

We don't need forum bullies to attack a poster for having a different opinion.

Firstly I am not a forum bully

Mickey 89 continues to post here and on Celebrity threads about how bad MSC is and it is his opinion but I for one am sick of hearing it on both threads. If he dislikes MSC so much stay off the thread, I did the same cruise as him 2 weeks previously and had no problems only the food not up to a standard in YC.

• Like 3

Emma’s gran........you miss the point AGAIN, as you always do. Get your facts correct.!
Never realised you cruised Preziosa last year, you cruised in 2019 if I am not mistaken. We also enjoyed 2019 Preziosa cruise but what a mistake January ‘20 was, MSC had gone downhill rapidly as everyone in the YC commented. Get up to date darling.......  

2 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Emma’s gran........you miss the point AGAIN, as you always do. Get your facts correct.!
Never realised you cruised Preziosa last year, you cruised in 2019 if I am not mistaken. We also enjoyed 2019 Preziosa cruise but what a mistake January ‘20 was, MSC had gone downhill rapidly as everyone in the YC commented. Get up to date darling.......  

1 hour ago, mickey89 said:

Emma’s gran..... at least I submitted a review of that cruise, balanced.......

Did you ?

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=651040

It looks not everyone had the same experience (i.e., like "everyone in the YC").  LOL.

MSC in 2019 over 2018 ~

MSC's passenger occupancy was a record 112.3%.

MSC's passenger capacity increased 14.4%.

MSC's passenger count increased 16.2%.

MSC's revenues increased 17.5%.

What every happened to Life Cereal?

• Like 1

dissyc.......  if you eventually choose MSC ensure you pay by credit card.  I had to resort to using Section 75 to get my a refund of a cruise cancelled by them.  They still have not paid up 9 months later, an absolute disgrace. At least my Credit Card company is now their creditor not me, a word of warning.

4 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

dissyc.......  if you eventually choose MSC ensure you pay by credit card.  I had to resort to using Section 75 to get my a refund of a cruise cancelled by them.  They still have not paid up 9 months later, an absolute disgrace. At least my Credit Card company is now their creditor not me, a word of warning.

And then again, many of us have had no negative experiences with MSC at all, neither with booking, onboard, refunds, etc.  

• Like 3

On 1/26/2021 at 12:41 PM, sverigecruiser said:

You can not just go to one of the MDR and eat. It may be possible to arrange to have a meal there if you ask the concierge.

We do that on 'Italian Night'

It is not really celebrated in the YC dining room.

In the main dining room there is lots of Italian music & the waiters parade.  I also prefer their menu !