Hopeful that the Freedom will sail out of Seattle July 6, 2021.

AmberTeka

I have had my first covid shot. Now I am waiting for the second one. I was thinking that by June, everyone who wanted a vaccination would have had one.  

It was well organized. Maybe they will step up production.  

• Like 6

I agree with Cushing985. I don’t see any cruises from the US until late 2021 or early 2022. I have already accepted the likelihood the 5 cruises I have scheduled this year will be cancelled. I am starting to worry that the last cruise I currently have booked in February 2022 is in jeopardy. For years I have always had a lot of cruises booked for the forseeable future, but I have no plans to book any more cruises until cruising resumes from US ports. 

Sorry, but I'm really with the others.  I don't really see a cruise out of Seattle taking place in July.  Carnival has already said that cruising will first resume in a limited way from Port Canaveral and Miami before starting back from other ports.  Purely just a guess on my part, but I don't see other ports starting back until at least six to eight weeks after that. This being because of logistics and to give time to evaluate how everything is going with the first ships.  With everything cancelled through April and Mardi Gras until at least the end of May, I really don't see Seattle happening by July.  Perhaps in Port Canaveral or Miami by July, but I'm not very optimistic about those either.

2 hours ago, AmberTeka said:

Am I over hopefull?  People on this site stay caught up on the crusing news. I would love to hear some opinions.

Is it going to a Canadian port at all?  If so...i doubt it.  We have no end in sight for our borders opening up...I am hoping for September...but that may be wishful thinking.

18 hours ago, AmberTeka said:

I have had my first covid shot. Now I am waiting for the second one. I was thinking that by June, everyone who wanted a vaccination would have had one.  

Would a Seattle cruise to Alaska need to abide by any Canadian health restrictions as well as US?

Glad the poster had a great vax experience, but here in SWFL, it's a cluster muck.  We're hoping that it will eventually get smoother, but the initial rollout has been a logistics disaster for seniors so far. 

To get around the Jones Act which stefndoug referred to, Carnival might dock in Vancouver or Victoria but not allow anyone to leave the ship. I know it sounds farfetched-----but here is a schedule (only available to TAs) for 2022 Miracle Alaskan cruises on page 3. It shows the Miracle going to Canada but if you check out the bottom of the page in red it shows "violation of the Jones act" and then "guests can not depart the ship in Canada". Again, it's for 2022. Just click this link.

https://help.goccl.com/ci/fattach/get/6819210/1611759274/redirect/1/filename/Carnival Miracle Itineraries.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0-Y73wJ_dHE18iUrzKVrNM-Z1E7Q8rYEkEtZa-qXqN370P2cHhyvpMlcE

Edited by chocolate melting cake
Add info

7 hours ago, joeyancho said:

I hope the pandemic will be on the way out by this summer.  God knows, we all need a vacation.  

I agree and hope it will be better later this year.  However, my wife and I took three trips last year and had a great time each week.  We had our full family with us on one of them. We enjoyed Dollywood and shows.  We didn't get to cruise, but we still had a great time.  We already have a couple of trips planned for this year.  Both our cruises for this year have already been cancelled, but we are still going to take vacations.  Hopefully, our cruise next April will happen.

20 hours ago, AmberTeka said:

I googled it since such a wide range of guesses. Google says jan 2022 before everyone who wants the vaccine can get it.

20210129_100356461.jpeg

1 hour ago, chocolate melting cake said:

To get around the Jones Act which stefndoug referred to, Carnival might dock in Vancouver or Victoria but not allow anyone to leave the ship........

I don't believe that is legal under that act to do so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evandbob said:

Glad the poster had a great vax experience, but here in SWFL, it's a cluster muck.  We're hoping that it will eventually get smoother, but the initial rollout has been a logistics disaster for seniors so far. 

Did you see this just rolled out FL site? Don't know if it will help, but can always try LOL

https://myvaccine.fl.gov/

5 hours ago, chocolate melting cake said:

To get around the Jones Act which stefndoug referred to, Carnival might dock in Vancouver or Victoria but not allow anyone to leave the ship. I know it sounds farfetched-----but here is a schedule (only available to TAs) for 2022 Miracle Alaskan cruises on page 3. It shows the Miracle going to Canada but if you check out the bottom of the page in red it shows "violation of the Jones act" and then "guests can not depart the ship in Canada". Again, it's for 2022. Just click this link.

https://help.goccl.com/ci/fattach/get/6819210/1611759274/redirect/1/filename/Carnival Miracle Itineraries.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0-Y73wJ_dHE18iUrzKVrNM-Z1E7Q8rYEkEtZa-qXqN370P2cHhyvpMlcE

It is too bad that Carnival refers to the Jones Act here. The Jones Act is for the transportation of merchandise between US Ports.

It is Passenger Vessel Services Act of 1886 that controls this.

The PVSA was changed a few years back and "Technical" stops are no longer allowed where no one gets off the vessel. This used to take place mainly in Ensenada but is no longer allowed.