Will ncl extend FCC expiration date?

fstuff1

my fcc (100% and the 25% bonus) expire on 6/30/21.

so far cruises are canceled till April 2021.

im not going to book till a cruise actually leaves an American port with paying customers. (my home port is nyc.)

and i only book cruises when the price is $50/day with no solo supplement. (ie: last min specials)

has ncl said anything about extending the fcc expiration date?

Edited by fstuff1

I just used the last part of my FCC to book a cruise for September 2022, just to avoid any problems with the "one year deadline" on my FCC that was issued in April 2020. I take it for granted that this will be possible to cancel without loosing my FCC at a later time. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

I just used the last part of my FCC to book a cruise for September 2022, just to avoid any problems with the "one year deadline" on my FCC that was issued in April 2020. I take it for granted that this will be possible to cancel without loosing my FCC at a later time. 

My understanding is if you (or NCL) cancel after the FCC expires in April 2021, the FCC will not be returned to use on another sailing.  Same for CruiseNext deposits not being returned if cancel after the "use by" date.

6 hours ago, Sstn said:

My understanding is if you (or NCL) cancel after the FCC expires in April 2021, the FCC will not be returned to use on another sailing.  Same for CruiseNext deposits not being returned if cancel after the "use by" date.

My PCC at NCL usually just changes any existing reservations instead of cancelling and rebooking,  meaning that the original reservation number as well as the original booking date remains on the new reservation. Unless I spesifically ask her to cancel and rebook.

So maybe...... 

On 1/31/2021 at 1:25 PM, fstuff1 said:

and i only book cruises when the price is $50/day with no solo supplement. (ie: last min specials)

Looks like you are not cruising or you are going to pay double.  Better use you FCC or lose it.  Last minute cruise specials for solos will be a thing of the past.  No more need to fill the boat. 

I will not be cruising solo anytime soon for the price I used to pay(free when cruise next is applied).✌️

IMO (Just wild speculation I know) no cruise ship will be sailing from US with paying passengers onboard during May or June 2021.  While we are not privy to goings on behind the curtain, we have seen no movement toward that, so it would be overly optimistic (again, IMO) to imagine just a month or two after the current pause date of April 30 that anything would radically change.  I do hope that NCL chooses to extend all FCCs and CNs beyond June 30.  Will they?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Valued Guests,
Our Guests First philosophy puts you at the heart of every decision, which is why during these extraordinary times we are doing our part to provide you with peace of mind however and whenever we can.

As such, today, I am proud to announce an extension for all active Future Cruise Credits, CruiseNext and CruiseFirst certificates that currently have an expiry date prior to December 31, 2021. This extension now adjusts the ‘book by’ date for these credits and certificates until December 31, 2021, all while remaining towards any sailings through December 31, 2022 or original sailing date on your certificate, if later. Our hope is that the extension of our ‘book by’ date will reassure and inspire you to transform your destination daydreams into vacation reality.

It goes without saying that our first priority is always your health, safety, security and well-being so I encourage you to read all about the good work we are doing at www.ncl.com/book-with-confidence.

I hope you and your friends and family will join me very soon in exploring the world in the safety and comfort of an amazing Norwegian Cruise Line ship. If you have questions or would like to redeem your discount, please contact your Travel Advisor, call us at (866) 234-7350 or visit us at www.ncl.com.

Until then,
Harry Sommer
President & CEO
Norwegian Cruise Line

20 hours ago, casofilia said:

I wish that the Book Date had been Dec 2022 and the Sail Date Dec 2023; giving everyone an extra year to get over all the possible problems.

No cruises are sailing at this point, not everyone is vaccinated, and the pandemic is still here. So they extended it ~6 more months for those that had FCC expiration date of June 2021. Maybe NCL will change it again later on. Who knows.