Canadian Cruising Update

Oceangoer2

2 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Just read a banner on CBC.....all Canadian cruises banned until Feb. '22.  Wonder if we'll still be cruising out of American ports end of this year/early next year?  Might be a sign of things to come.

Holy moly, are you kidding??

49 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Just read a banner on CBC.....all Canadian cruises banned until Feb. '22.  Wonder if we'll still be cruising out of American ports end of this year/early next year?  Might be a sign of things to come.

There is another thread on this subject that started several hours ago.

4 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

There is another thread on this subject that started several hours ago.

I saw that one....just mentioned Alaska cruises 2021.  This goes to Feb. '22.  No icebreaker cruises for me....LOL.

Edited by Oceangoer2

There is still the ban on any non-essential travel between the US and Canada.  I can't even take my fishing boat across the Detroit River to Canada.  Until they relax the restrictions and let me anchor and fish in Canadian waters, I don't think they are close to allowing cruise ships.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, hcat said:

No need fof 2 sep threads..maybe title can be amended

can't amend titles...just skip over it - no harm, no foul.  BTW....I didn't see the 1st post re this until after I had quickly posted my banner info thinking it would be of interest, but now I see that post and responses related to affecting Alaska cruises then shifted to vaccinations.This link provides info through Feb. '22 for more than cruises to Alaska that US cruisers may not be concerned with.  There are several Canadian ports and their livlihood affected.  Maybe for interest it should have been posted on a Canadian CC site? 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-cruise-ship-ban-effects-feb-2022-1.5901198

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

There is still the ban on any non-essential travel between the US and Canada.  I can't even take my fishing boat across the Detroit River to Canada.  Until they relax the restrictions and let me anchor and fish in Canadian waters, I don't think they are close to allowing cruise ships.

Could you ever legally slip across the river to Canada to fish...LOL?  same fish on both sides of the Detroit River I think.  This ban is hard on everyone....we can't cruise either;  this virus is again affecting many many world ports...write off 2021 cruising?  😢

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Out of curiosity, aren’t there a number of people who live in one or the other country and work in the other? What have they been doing? Or is that not a thing...

14 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Out of curiosity, aren’t there a number of people who live in one or the other country and work in the other? What have they been doing? Or is that not a thing...

We have many workers crossing the border into the US (auto industry in Detroit for one - much needed medical staff for another).   I think they have credentials to pass.