CDC today says no need to quarantine after vaccine if exposed to Covid

sugcarol

32 minutes ago, lizzius said:

... Did you read what you linked?

Yes and I was watching this on TV last summer and was under the impression that some of these exposures did happen.

While controversial to some, this has been done in the past with other diseases.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/health/coronavirus-vaccine-trials.html

Edited by mek

10 minutes ago, mek said:

Yes and I was watching this on TV last summer and was under the impression that some of these exposures did happen.

While controversial to some, this has been done in the past with other diseases.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/health/coronavirus-vaccine-trials.html

Deleted

Edited by mek

On 2/11/2021 at 12:17 PM, soremekun said:

For the time being, I believe in two classes of cruisers.  The vaccinated and unvaccinated.  If someone in your travel group is not vaccinated (such as children), you'll ofcourse remain with them.

Hold on now there are three classes with myself/my family being first.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, franncos said:

If you get the vaccine in March go on a cruise in November, and someone is tested positive, can you leave the ship? That is the $64,000 question? My understanding is you can leave without being  quarantine. True or False?

No one will know that until sailing resumes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

CDC says you don’t have to quarantine if vaccinated & exposed to ChineseRona! 

In Singapore Royal is saying if you've had Rona in the past 180 days no cruise for you.  That may be a government thing though.  

On 2/11/2021 at 5:36 PM, sugcarol said:

I did not read it all. In that case cruisers are screwed if their cruise is more than 3 months after their last vaccine. Will travelers have to get the vaccine every 3 months? 

There was an article in NY post months ago claiming Moderna was good for at least 2 years. But yeah cruisers are screwed and Mario in particular is finished if what you have written is correct. He will be lucky to be onboard 3 months of the year moving forward.

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

well that makes zero sense! 

And is very worrying for you guys because all the vaccines in USA are RNA based. So Americans can't cruise 6 months out of the year then? May as well close Royal down now if that is the case.

6 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

j&j is not RNA

Yeah but the vast majority rolled out so far will be. And among the cruising demographic even Royal's demographic likely will be. And don't you have something like 500 or 600 million Moderna and Pfizer on order?. If so that is reasonable to assume a good chunk of America will get it.

Edited by ace2542

12 hours ago, twangster said:

In Singapore Royal is saying if you've had Rona in the past 180 days no cruise for you.  That may be a government thing though.  

"Those who have had COVID-19 within the past 180 days, or who have a positive COVID-19 Serology certificate, will be unable to take a SARS-CoV-2 test and therefore, are unable to sail at this time."

Based on that logic, if you have the vaccine you shouldn't be allowed to sail either.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

"Those who have had COVID-19 within the past 180 days, or who have a positive COVID-19 Serology certificate, will be unable to take a SARS-CoV-2 test and therefore, are unable to sail at this time."

Based on that logic, if you have the vaccine you shouldn't be allowed to sail either.

Then cruising is finished then? May as well close. Royal cannot survive on 6 months a year business or without it's American customers.

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I assume that's Singapore gov't rules, not RC rules.

If Singapore you do know it means NO ENTRY against the criteria surely? Not just NO CRUISE? Singapore will change it's mind I think.

Though CDC will likely adopt it to destroy the industry forever.

Edited by ace2542

10 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Yeah but the vast majority rolled out so far will be. And among the cruising demographic even Royal's demographic likely will be. And don't you have something like 500 or 600 million Moderna and Pfizer on order?. If so that is reasonable to assume a good chunk of America will get it.

Most us under 55 will be getting single shot vax this spring