CDC today says no need to quarantine after vaccine if exposed to Covid

sugcarol

The new rules mean people can skip quarantine if they:

• Got the second dose of a vaccine more than 2 weeks ago, but less than 3 months ago.
  • Experienced no symptoms of COVID-19 since they were exposed.        ....The guidance admitted that it is not yet clear whether someone who has been vaccinated could still pass on the coronavirus to someone else
Edited by ONECRUISER

Hold on...  unless I'm reading this wrong, this advice only applies for 3 months after you get the the final shot.  After 3 months you will need to quarantine.  You must meet all 3 criteria to be eligible not to quarantine.

However, vaccinated persons with an exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 are not required to quarantine if they meet all of the following criteria:

• Are fully vaccinated (i.e., ≥2 weeks following receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series, or ≥2 weeks following receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine)
  • Are within 3 months following receipt of the last dose in the series
  • Have remained asymptomatic since the current COVID-19 exposure

Persons who do not meet all 3 of the above criteria should continue to follow current quarantine guidance after exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Are within 3 months following receipt of the last dose in the series

That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement of the current vaccines. I wonder about the J&J vaccine, which I was already leaning towards.

• Like 3

Not much has changed......must not gloss over this part.....

"At this time, vaccinated persons should continue to follow current guidance to protect themselves and others, including wearing a mask, staying at least 6 feet away from others, avoiding crowds, avoiding poorly ventilated spaces, covering coughs and sneezes, washing hands often, following CDC travel guidance, and following any applicable workplace or school guidance, including guidance related to personal protective equipment use or SARS-CoV-2 testing."

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Hold on...  unless I'm reading this wrong, this advice only applies for 3 months after you get the the final shot.  After 3 months you will need to quarantine.  You must meet all 3 criteria to be eligible not to quarantine.

However, vaccinated persons with an exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 are not required to quarantine if they meet all of the following criteria:

• Are fully vaccinated (i.e., ≥2 weeks following receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series, or ≥2 weeks following receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine)

Persons who do not meet all 3 of the above criteria should continue to follow current quarantine guidance after exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.

Yup, thats what I also Posted above. Not much really changed, keep distance, still want wear mask and out caution if exposed still stay away from others

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great news!  This should definitely Help the travel and. Cruise industry.

That sounds nice meanwhile the UK sage people (who advise the government) They are just SAGE whatever that means are claiming masks will be here "forever" on public transportation and the likes. So on cruise ships sailing out or into UK. There words not mine.

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

As everyday comes with new releases from many different health authorities across the world, let's hope this 3 month requirement with the US CDC gets extended when we have a better idea on the amount of time the average person retains antibodies once vaccinated.    I think the CDC is being very conservative with their 3 month rule but it's too early to let our guard down. 

30 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

That sounds nice meanwhile the UK sage people (who advise the government) They are just SAGE whatever that means are claiming masks will be here "forever" on public transportation and the likes. So on cruise ships sailing out or into UK. There words not mine.

Please post a link to this. SAGE are saying Coronavirus will be here forever- as is flu. Cannot find anywhere where they quote masks will be here forever

On another note why don't you go and find a useful hobby to fill your time. There are many opportunities in the UK for charitable volunteering where you could put your empty hours to good use 🙄

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Please post a link to this. SAGE are saying Coronavirus will be here forever- as is flu. Cannot find anywhere where they quote masks will be here forever

On another note why don't you go and find a useful hobby to fill your time. There are many opportunities in the UK for charitable volunteering where you could put your empty hours to good use 🙄

Check the daily mail it is on the front of the webpage in big letters.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9248999/Bristol-Covid-variant-reinfect-vaccinated-Britons-SAGE-expert-warns.html

If you think people are going to abide by this rule of 6 forever they have another thing coming. It is one thing if that statement is people wear them themselves and people might but making you do it the rest of your life. That will cost Johnson the election.

Edited by ace2542

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Check the daily mail it is on the front of the webpage in big letters.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9248999/Bristol-Covid-variant-reinfect-vaccinated-Britons-SAGE-expert-warns.html

The Daily Mail says it and you quote it as credible. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

That says it all really. Was it the 'big letters' that convinced you 😂

Edited by Bobal
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yup, thats what I also Posted above. Not much really changed, keep distance, still want wear mask and out caution if exposed still stay away from others

No, it means if exposed, if you meet all the criteria you dont have to quarantine (ie for work).

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

No, it means if exposed, if you meet all the criteria you dont have to quarantine (ie for work).

I Didnt say anything anything about Quarantine/Not. But, you still have be in that small window of less then 3 months to not Quarantine. If exposed I'd still Quarantine for Family/Friends. As stated in my first Post: 

The new rules mean people can skip quarantine if they:

• Got the second dose of a vaccine more than 2 weeks ago, but less than 3 months ago.
  • Experienced no symptoms of COVID-19 since they were exposed.        ....The guidance admitted that it is not yet clear whether someone who has been vaccinated could still pass on the coronavirus to someone else