Are milkshakes covered on signature drink packages?

motherjoy

I haven't seen milkshakes on board either.  Or ice cream sodas, or floats....  Even on the newer ships.  But ice cream is free in the Lido, and on the newer ships there is the gelato bar.  I will have a look through my photos and see if I have a picture of the menu.  But if there is anything in the gelato bar, it costs extra, and I have a feeling it's not included in the SBP.

I have gotten milkshakes onboard for my grandchildren. Not sure if they are covered on the drinks package or not because we are not big drinkers and haven't had that.

It seems like we ordered them from the Dive-In and there was a charge. When on NS I ordered them from the gelato place and so got our 5* discount. I find the prices for HAL's gelato items very reasonable compared to those at home even without being half price. As I recall, it was less than $5 for my grand daughter's milkshake and 3 scoops of gelato for me! Delicious treat!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canadianbear said:

I would not recommend getting a milkshake -they are addictive 😱. Yup...happened to me on the Koningsdam!!! Lol 

the problem with those milkshakes is an insane amount of sugar they put in it. I would rather avoid drinking it at all. Or just take a few sips just to refresh sugar level in your blood. But not more 

36 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

the problem with those milkshakes is an insane amount of sugar they put in it. I would rather avoid drinking it at all. Or just take a few sips just to refresh sugar level in your blood. But not more 

takes willpower...best to avoid!  If only I could take my own advice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

Who knew, sounds like not all ships have them and we are guilty of tending to only sail the smaller ships.  I will keep my eyes open going forward.

They were available at the Dive In when I sailed Amsterdam in July 2019. There was a separate menu on a display stand at the counter. 

On Pinnacle Class vessels, the Milkshakes are ordered and prepared by the Gelato stand. They are normally  not covered by the SBP. ( although they can in theory put the milkshake in as a “bar drink”, but not all servers are willing to do so as it is not allowed)

On other vessels, milkshakes are ordered and prepared at Dive-in. There, they are included according to the crew I spoke to.

Confused yet? ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This doesn't answer your question, but it may be useful information.  I always bring along one of those metal thermos type 32-oz coffee cups, very useful for all sorts of things, especially for making milkshakes in the cabin.  Use a container of chocolate milk (secured earlier from the Lido breakfast buffet) and to that add a scoop of ice cream from the Lido Lunch buffet, shake well, and enjoy. Making my own shake allows me to have it just the way I want it. I also purchased some very fat  straws to bring on board, since they have discontinued the use of plastic straws fleetwide, and their little paper straws are useless for a thick beverage. 

• Like 1

We had the EBP on our last cruise (sadly in 2018) and were able to order milkshakes as part of the package. If you fortified your shake with booze, it counted towards your 15 drink allotment. If you took your milkshake unleaded, it didn't count against the total.