Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

43 minutes ago, little britain said:

Then on to Cyprus to collect crew. 

Kinda weird that with all the good flight options to the UK, they chose to embark crew there, but I assume there must be some convenience thing with Cyprus.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Kinda weird that with all the good flight options to the UK, they chose to embark crew there, but I assume there must be some convenience thing with Cyprus.

Perhaps it was easier to get a lot of crew there: some for Odyssey and some for Anthem and Jewel.  Jewel is still hanging around off Bournemouth today, but guess she will head south soon. 

13 hours ago, JimVB said:

This seems a hint of progress for those of us in the US booked on the September 12 Anthem cruise.

EU official: Vaccinated Americans can visit Europe this summer | TheHill

The problem might be that Southampton is not in the EU along with the rest of the UK. Also the EU nations can and will make their own decisions. I think what the announcement means is if you can come to the EU an EU approved vaccine will be required if mandated. This worried us in the UK for a moment but the EU have also approved the AZ vaccine so no problem.

14 hours ago, profdot said:

The requirement for a covid 19 test 48-72 hours was posted by RCCL on their website, dated April this year 

Please tell me where on the Royal website it says that they require a Covid test.  I don’t see it anywhere.  All I see is that they relay the message that the country your traveling to may require a test.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

International arrivals to the UK are required to quarantine for 10 days, so rather than pay for a hotel etc it makes sense to collect them in a floating hotel so they can just float off the coast for a couple of weeks before starting service. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 11:17 PM, profdot said:

We have a food and wine cruise booked on Anthem around the 12th of September out of Southampton. Two questions: we are Americans. Do you think it will be a "go" for  us?  RCI announced this month that everyone will have to have a covid test 48 to 72 hours before sailing, but we booked a flight and hotel package two days ahead. How can we get a test in London and get the results back in time?

We are fully vaccinated.

Think it is too early to say if it will ‘go’ for you .

UntilBoris announces which countries are green ,amber or red and what conditions are attached no-one can say .

even green countries look like having to have negative tests within 72 hours of arriving in the UK.

i had a friend last year who got a test exactly 72 hours before she wanted to fly last year and she got the results  4 hours before she flew.

On 4/16/2021 at 6:54 PM, SD449 said:

Are you allowed to get off at the ports?

Or is it paid excursions only?

NCL  are saying ships excursions only for July and August , they will review it in August .

guess the rest will do the same 

3 hours ago, Lindypops said:

NCL  are saying ships excursions only for July and August , they will review it in August .

guess the rest will do the same 

Fortunately for us our seacation is all about the ship and relaxing onboard .We love seadays on Transatlantics so we will treat the cruise like a Transatlantic and just chill onboard if the rules state can only get off on an organised tour . 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

Fortunately for us our seacation is all about the ship and relaxing onboard .We love seadays on Transatlantics so we will treat the cruise like a Transatlantic and just chill onboard if the rules state can only get off on an organised tour . 

We've only done two TAs but really enjoyed them.  In fact our first ever cruise was Queen Mary, NY to Southampton.

Love the entertainment,  the food options , lectures etc and just kicking back and relaxing 

• Like 1

RC are only allowing British residents onboard from Southampton.

UK is no longer part of the EU. We will need to wait for Boris to announce the green/amber/red countries.

At the moment the UK requires the US to quarantine for 10 days in a covid hotel. Who knows what will be happening in September!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Beep beep...  move out of the way for another one....SevenSeas Splendour will sail 11n round Britain and Ireland cruise from Southampton on September 11th

Do you think we will have enough provisions on our island for all these ships , I am thinking about the booze mainly 😱 😂 😝

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fabulous97 said:

RC are only allowing British residents onboard from Southampton.

UK is no longer part of the EU. We will need to wait for Boris to announce the green/amber/red countries.

At the moment the UK requires the US to quarantine for 10 days in a covid hotel. Who knows what will be happening in September!

We're scheduled on the Anthem in October so hope we're allowed in without the quarantine.   We are fully vaccinated. 

Just booked Anthem 4 nighter, didn’t mention a test just fully vaccinated and insurance recommended not mandatory. However, the shocker was the drinks package price when I looked in cruise personalised.....£79.80 per person per day!!!

According to my cruise planner I am going on a 1 night non revenue IT test cruise on Anthem from Athens on the 14th May in room 11622 !!

Its news to me , but if they want to fly me out there i will gladly go😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, tattydog said:

Just booked Anthem 4 nighter, didn’t mention a test just fully vaccinated and insurance recommended not mandatory. However, the shocker was the drinks package price when I looked in cruise personalised.....£79.80 per person per day!!!

They must have got their booze stock from the UK, rather then a stop off booze pick from France......lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tattydog said:

That is why we booked the MSC Virtuosa, premium drinks and tips included , we like MSC so no brainer for us. We don’t need double RCI points 😆