Speaking of Texas, I'm hearing that....

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They basically announced this last week when they moved Liberty back to Florida and the annual report mentioned the terminal was one of two projects they were spending money on. 

When are they moving the Liberty back to Florida?  We are booked on her for this July.  I understand that it probably won't be a go but did not know it was leaving.  Any info would be helpful.  

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

October 2022

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They basically announced this last week when they moved Liberty back to Florida and the annual report mentioned the terminal was one of two projects they were spending money on. 

When are they moving the Liberty back to Florida?  We are booked on her for this July.  I understand that it probably won't be a go but did not know it was leaving.  Any info would be helpful.  

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

When Allure was first announced I sure was hoping they'd offer up a smaller ship, let's say Adventure for a 10, 11 or 12 night cuise to the ABC islands out of Galveston. My hope is still there.

Agree we did ABC islands on navigator out of Florida that would be great from Galveston, always liked voyager class. 

53 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No, she moves to Florida in Oct 2022.  Allure is in Galveston from Nov 2022 onward. 

Is there still a two week gap between arrival if Allure and regular sailings?

23 minutes ago, island lady said:

I can't figure that one out...except maybe in dry dock for two weeks?  Was going to stay on for another leg after coming in from the TA...but I guess not.  😮 

Yeah I'm curious as well, unless it's for an extended shakedown of the new terminal with the larger class of ship.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I can't figure that one out...except maybe in dry dock for two weeks?  Was going to stay on for another leg after coming in from the TA...but I guess not.  😮 

Dry dock in Galveston?  Wht about the smaller rcl cruises, they wouldnt dock there? Idk either.

I guess Galveston holds little allure (pun intended) for you since you live in florida. But maybe spend a extra day sightseeing. But maybe not worth it without a car. Hobby airport is about twice as close as Houston intl airport. Oct nov when you will be there is about the best weather you can expect from texas. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Dry dock in Galveston?  Wht about the smaller rcl cruises, they wouldnt dock there? Idk either.

I guess Galveston holds little allure (pun intended) for you since you live in florida. But maybe spend a extra day sightseeing. But maybe not worth it without a car. Hobby airport is about twice as close as Houston intl airport. Oct nov when you will be there is about the best weather you can expect from texas. 

In a perfect world we would have stayed on for the first sailing out of Galveston, then on return spend a few days exploring the area before flying back home.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

In a perfect world we would have stayed on for the first sailing out of Galveston, then on return spend a few days exploring the area before flying back home.  

Hobby airport is about 45 minutes, if you can fly like southwest, the smaller airlines go out of hobby.

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Hobby airport is about 45 minutes, if you can fly like southwest, the smaller airlines go out of hobby.

I don't mind "puddle jumpers"....as the crow flies, not really that far to Orlando.  😉  Thanks!  

• Like 1